Xensation af22 the advisor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally caved in and picked him up off eBay. What a fabulous sculpt! Solid figure!

I generally try to restrict myself to licensed products, but 3Z's relentlessly glacial pace has forced my hand.

Even though I'd never pose him sitting on a stool (not a very Tywin piece of furniture), I dig the accessories (especially the table). It would be great if they could do a more complex outfit, but I understand why they didn't. Given that they're unlicensed, they could get the cease and desist letter from the lawyers at any moment, so it's best not to invest a TON of money into the development on that stuff. So the simpler they can keep the figures, the better, I suppose.

Which is why I could see them doing Tormund or Oberyn (in robes) next. For Tormund, the costume is mostly layered skins, and Oberyn's robes are fairly straightforward. I don't see them doing anything that would require a ton of development, though, like an armored character or a character that would need a special body (like The Mountain). But they could surprise us!

I couldn't find it on the site, so yeah, maybe. So you didn't get a chance to buy it? They still have him at KG Hobby...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

No, I did get him a couple months ago from Monkey. He's awesome. I want more from Xensation. Seeing him dry up just promises the next will come that much sooner.

Finally caved in and picked him up off eBay. What a fabulous sculpt! Solid figure!

I generally try to restrict myself to licensed products, but 3Z's relentlessly glacial pace has forced my hand.

Even though I'd never pose him sitting on a stool (not a very Tywin piece of furniture), I dig the accessories (especially the table). It would be great if they could do a more complex outfit, but I understand why they didn't. Given that they're unlicensed, they could get the cease and desist letter from the lawyers at any moment, so it's best not to invest a TON of money into the development on that stuff. So the simpler they can keep the figures, the better, I suppose.

Which is why I could see them doing Tormund or Oberyn (in robes) next. For Tormund, the costume is mostly layered skins, and Oberyn's robes are fairly straightforward. I don't see them doing anything that would require a ton of development, though, like an armored character or a character that would need a special body (like The Mountain). But they could surprise us!

I am very curious about how bootlegs work in the figure world. I know they don’t use the name for legal reasons, but surely the brands can still die for them using their likeness.

China is the wild west. I think I read Lego had some legal success recently. Hasbro and Disney don't seem to be doing too much in terms of lawsuits, I doubt HBO would bother.

China is the wild west. I think I read Lego had some legal success recently. Hasbro and Disney don't seem to be doing too much in terms of lawsuits, I doubt HBO would bother.

Lego did get Lepin raided but it took a long time and considerable resources and effort on their part. A different situation here as HBO isn't really losing much in this situation while Lepin was completely undermining Lego's product and brand.

I am very curious about how bootlegs work in the figure world. I know they don’t use the name for legal reasons, but surely the brands can still die for them using their likeness.

It depends really. Limtoys just got a cease and desist. Others probably do as well, but they were open about it.

I'd prefer an Oberyn in robes anyway. He'd be an insta-buy. But since we're talking about the free folk here I'd love an Ygritte.

No, I did get him a couple months ago from Monkey. He's awesome. I want more from Xensation. Seeing him dry up just promises the next will come that much sooner.
Ah, gotcha. Yes, the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive and to know they're also selling out is good news.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Grabbed this Tywin from Monkey on Fire for $104 shipped a while back...great figure for the money nonetheless ~

Anybody using the head to make his character from the Godzilla movie ?

А few photos of mine:

IMG-3037,medium_large.1560622769.jpg

IMG-3039,medium_large.1560622819.jpg

With Tyrion from Threezero:
IMG-3056,medium_large.1560622843.jpg

Excellent posing! The stool never made it out of the box for me. (Somehow a stool seemed too undignified for someone like Tywin. :lol) But you totally made it work! He looks like a boss!

I do wish someone would make some 1/6 GOT style furniture, though. Maybe a blocky Winterfell-style chair or some ornate, high-backed chairs from the Small Council chamber. And maybe some accessories, like some classy wine decanters and ale horns.

Excellent posing! The stool never made it out of the box for me. (Somehow a stool seemed too undignified for someone like Tywin. :lol) But you totally made it work! He looks like a boss!

I do wish someone would make some 1/6 GOT style furniture, though. Maybe a blocky Winterfell-style chair or some ornate, high-backed chairs from the Small Council chamber. And maybe some accessories, like some classy wine decanters and ale horns.

I've been looking on eBay for tables to put the tokens from the deluxe Tyrion on. I don't know how tall I should go for, one that he could legitimately use or a normal sized one?

I've been looking on eBay for tables to put the tokens from the deluxe Tyrion on. I don't know how tall I should go for, one that he could legitimately use or a normal sized one?

I have my Tyrion 1.0 displayed standing alongside this chair and table (Style A). https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Scale-Wooden-Tables-and-Chairs-Furniture-Model-Accessories-For-12-Hot-Toys/372072313322?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

It works nicely for him because it's 1/6 scale, but on the small side. My plan is to eventually find a classy, King's Landing style wine decanter for the table. And maybe a snazzier goblet than the one he came with. The downside, with this set, is that it's just an end table so you can't put much on it. But I think a full sized table would be too large for him. This might work all right for a few of the map tokens, but not all of them.

Last edited:
Back