X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Appropriate the DOFP fan (Mecha Godzilla) crushes Godzilla's windpipe for his insolence.

Maybe in your alternate reality, but we all know how it turns out in the real world...

godzilla13.gif

I loved Cap, DoFP, and Guardians equally. Which one was the best all depends on what mood I'm in. Point being, this was an amazing year for comic book films. I feel for Spidey, though; poor bastard...

Yeah, pretty sad that the Winter Soldier guys can't understand that they lost the debate a long time ago. The poor, deluded souls :(

Same thing can be said about the DOFP camp. :lol

IMO both movies are good for various reasons. I liked CA:TWS a little bit more than DOFP but I thoroughly enjoyed both movies being on the big screen.

I think that the debate is pointless and silly. Neither side is gonna win or has won the argument because it's all a matter of opinion.

We should all be happy that we've gotten two well made comic book movies.

But if the debate floats your boat then knock yourselves out. :wave

I liked both movies quite a bit. Winter Soldier was better IMO, but I still really liked DOFP as well.

Bought the digital hd version.

Every time I watch it reinforces the belief that this is thy best superhero movie period. Batman89 close second

I hope Apocalypse is as good if not better

Just saw DOFP for the first time. It was good, but not really even as good as First Class. Only thing memorable from this movie that stands in league with First Class was the Quicksilver stuff.

After watching Capt. 2 for a third time, I have to say that I liked it less than the first time I saw it, and DOFP is a much better film, but then again, I've always been a big X Men fan. I only saw the film once in theaters, so my opinion might change when I see it again, but SO FAR, DOFP is the best film I've seen this year. Capt 3 was good, but I don't get why people and critics say it was grounded in reality or like a political thriller, which it wasn't, it was as comic-booky as it gets and over the top, which is not a bad thing, I liked that about Capt. 2.

After watching Capt. 2 for a third time, I have to say that I liked it less than the first time I saw it, and DOFP is a much better film, but then again, I've always been a big X Men fan. I only saw the film once in theaters, so my opinion might change when I see it again, but SO FAR, DOFP is the best film I've seen this year. Capt 3 was good, but I don't get why people and critics say it was grounded in reality or like a political thriller, which it wasn't, it was as comic-booky as it gets and over the top, which is not a bad thing, I liked that about Capt. 2.

Cap 2 was more contemporary, especially with what's going on today and the political message hidden within the film.

Cap 2's themes are extremely relevant. And in some ways I felt it was more of a political thriller/action film than a superhero film - it just happened to have a superhero as the main character. But those things themselves aren't what make the movie awesome -how well the movie was made, acted, written, directed and the story was told.....that's what makes it awesome. All of those layers blended into such a cohesive whole, without losing the individual parts. That's why I love it.

DOFP was good for what it attempted to do, but it's nowhere near as cohesive as Cap 2 to me. And for me personally, I felt there was too much in it that felt too artificially set up because Bryan Singer wanted to fix his original movies.

Just saw DOFP for the first time. It was good, but not really even as good as First Class.

I'm also one of those who prefers First Class. I think it's a much, much better film, all the way around. The exploration of Erik and Charles's friendship and differences with Mystique and Hank as parallels, as well Shaw and his influence on Erik and how much of Magneto ends up like Shaw.... I also love the look and atmosphere of the movie. And I love Vaughn as a director. XFC felt really refreshing to me. It stood out from the rest of the X-Men films.

First Class is great, but the 3rd act has way too many problems for me to rank it ahead of DOFP.

DOFP doesn’t get enough credit, it was easily the most ambitious superhero movie of the year, with the franchise at stake the movie had to deliver, and it did. It didn’t have the luxury of just being an entertaining one off, Singer and his team had to fix a ton of plot holes in the series to tie everything together, and it literally had to fix a broken franchise and set up new intriguing possibilities for future entries in the series while remaining cohesive enough for newer audiences that haven’t been keeping up with these films since 1999.

To me, Cap wasn’t even the second best superhero movie of the year, and it seems to be get be getting way too much credit because it took itself a bit more serious than the rest of the films in the MCU. The action was great, the story was okay but the movie really didn’t do anything new or groundbreaking, it was a solid action flick in my opinion but not a great film.

Back