X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Future battles were decent at best, but Prego Storm did squat, Wolverine was sleeping, Jean Luc Xavier looked bored and Magneto was too preoccupied collecting Medicare.

Cap's elevator battle alone > an action scene from DOFP.

(language)

I agree the Cap scenes should have been better. But the directors/editors ****ed that up real good.

This movie had a much more mature feel, IMO. . .This is will tough to beat.
2ndCGHC.gif

Suck on it, Marvel Studios.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=108263

Were you disappointed that Rogue was cut from X-Men: Days of Future Past? Well, you'll be able to see her scenes inserted into the "inbetweenquel" when a "Rogue Cut" is released next summer. Simon Kinberg made the announcement today at a press event which Variety attended. Apparently, more than 10 minutes of extra footage will be added to the movie and it will include both Anna Paquin's scenes and ones involving other characters too. "It’s a big chunk, a substantial part of the movie," the writer and producer said of Rogue's cut scenes. "We want to give (fans) the fullest picture of the film — behind the camera, and in front of it. Every movie has scenes that are cut out, but not every movie has scenes cut out with such a beloved character." Kinberg has said that he regrets seeing her taken out of X-Men: Days of Future Past numerous times and added here that it didn't make it into the theatrical version because it was already "full of plots and subplots." Oh, and it doesn't sound as if we should expect to see any more time travel in X-Men: Apocalypse after Kinberg added: "It’s the most complicated movie I’ve ever worked on. I pray to God I never work on another time travel movie." Will you guys hunt down a copy of the "Rogue Cut"?
Read more at https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=108263#TyjSshvjLB7DS6Q1.99

Can’t wait.

Anna Paquin's Rogue is a beloved character? Based on her looking scared and doing nothing for three movies? That seals the deal, theatrical cut it is. Can't wait for this to hit blu, it'll be fun to watch the third best superhero movie this year again.

When she got cut from the film there was a huge uproar from the fans, and I think the scene cut is going to be showing Rogue using her comic book powers like flight and super strength. I believe Ice Man and Magneto will have some new scenes as well.

Oh, and DOFP is the best superhero movie of the year, followed by GOTG.

So wait, is this in addition to the extended cut? Or is this it?

Anna Paquin's Rogue is a beloved character? Based on her looking scared and doing nothing for three movies? That seals the deal, theatrical cut it is. Can't wait for this to hit blu, it'll be fun to watch the third best superhero movie this year again.

:lol :goodpost:

Oh, and DOFP is the best superhero movie of the year, followed by GOTG.

Hyperbole. :rotfl

Rogue was only good and relatable in one film, and that was the first one.

Nobody cares about her, except maybe True Blood fans.

Nam, I know you were one of the few members here complaining when she got cut, now you don’t want her back in?

Nam, I know you were one of the few members here complaining when she got cut, now you don’t want her back in?

I think you're mistaking my critiquing a director who made such a huge deal out of calling an actress back to reprise her role, only to cut all her scenes, for being a Paquin fan. Rogue's interaction with Wolverine in the first film was crucial to the story, as were her powers to the finale, but after that, except for silly, nonsensical love triangles, she's not really anything to write home about. I can only hope her scenes are better than the lame hodge-podge of B-lister muntants (in the movie) who fought off the Sentinels. Honestly, the Iceman/Magneto stuff sounds more compelling (unless it's a love triangle with Rogue - then it should've stayed cut :lol), but as we saw with DoFP, Singer has a way of taking good characters and turning them into "shinys" who serve little more than a mediocre namedrop.

Now, if Rogue was actually the person they used for the Sentinel's powers in the future (which would have actually made sense instead of Jennifer Lawerence) and she was crucial for taking over when Kitty Pryde got killed, then I could see how she made sense and why her inclusion would be compelling.

If it's none of that though, who cares.

I think you're mistaking my critiquing a director who made such a huge deal out of calling an actress back to reprise her role, only to cut all her scenes, for being a Paquin fan. Rogue's interaction with Wolverine in the first film was crucial to the story, as were her powers to the finale, but after that, except for silly, nonsensical love triangles, she's not really anything to write home about. I can only hope her scenes are better than the lame hodge-podge of B-lister muntants (in the movie) who fought off the Sentinels. Honestly, the Iceman/Magneto stuff sounds more compelling (unless it's a love triangle with Rogue - then it should've stayed cut :lol), but as we saw with DoFP, Singer has a way of taking good characters and turning them into "shinys" who serve little more than a mediocre namedrop.

Thats because he’s dealing with about 20 superheroes a film, all of them can’t get the same amount of screen time. The characters that are essential to the story he gets right. Hell, Joss Whedon could barely make half of the Avengers team interesting, thats far less main characters than Singer has been dealing with since 1999.

Last edited:
DOFP vs The Avengers? Hmmm. That's an interesting matchup. I might actually give that one to Singer. I'll have to watch DOFP two or three more times to know for sure.

Remember back in the day when comic artists/writers would sometimes swap titles? It'd be interesting to see what a Whedon X-Men movie would look like vs. a Singer Avengers film. I get the impression that Whedon loves the X-Men much more than he does the Avengers.

Now, if Rogue was actually the person they used for the Sentinel's powers in the future (which would have actually made sense instead of Jennifer Lawerence) and she was crucial for taking over when Kitty Pryde got killed, then I could see how she made sense and why her inclusion would be compelling.

If it's none of that though, who cares.

I think originally when Wolverine slices Kitty, she begins to bleed to death, Professor X, Magneto, and Ice Man have to break Rogue out of some heavily fortified Sentinel prison so that she can steal Kitty’s powers and keep Wolverine’s conscious in the past. Supposedly the scene has some awesome Rogue scenes that fans wanted to see since the first film.

DOFP vs The Avengers? Hmmm. That's an interesting matchup. I might actually give that one to Singer. I'll have to watch DOFP two or three more times to know for sure.

Remember back in the day when comic artists/writers would sometimes swap titles? It'd be interesting to see what a Whedon X-Men movie would look like vs. a Singer Avengers film. I get the impression that Whedon loves the X-Men much more than he does the Avengers.

His Astonishing X-Men run was pretty awesome, I’m just not high on him as a film maker.

Thats because he’s dealing with about 20 superheroes a film, all of them can’t get the same amount of screen time. The characters that are essential to the story he gets right. Hell, Joss Whedon could barely make half of the Avengers team interesting, thats far less main characters than Singer has been dealing with since 1999.

I disagree there. Avengers had its problems but the characters weren't one of them. To make sure Hawkeye had good screentime, Joss wrote him in as a baddy (which the character started out as anyway), so each Avenger shined. Not as brightly as IM or Hulk, but they each had some solid moments. Singer doesn't do that. Instead, he throws random muntants in to namedrop, only to have them die meaningless deaths. Even you have to admit that DoFP was a little over saturated with what should've been more important characters but instead were fodder.

Last edited:
Back