Your perfect hot toys x-men movie line would consist of....?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Magneto (from apocalypse, I'll be pissed if hot toys skips this one), Gambit (hopefully he looks good in the new movie, if not then a comics version), Apocalypse, Professor X (Patrick Stewart), the rest I wouldn't mind being just from the comics, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Bishop, Psylocke, Rogue, Archangel, Cable, Colossus, Mr Sinister, Jean Grey, Storm, etc

If mags gets skipped it has nothing to do with hot toys. They wanted to do him from X1 and dofp. As well as prof X and others. But the actors wouldn't sign likeness deals.

Ive heard that most of the new cast has standard likeness deals (all the new actors in Apoc). And that getting likeness deals for the first class cast was part of the negotiations between fox and marvel to allow fox to have tv rights. But I have not been able to get firm answers on if it happened or they moved off that point and got something else.

But as of dofp the lack of most figures has nothing to do with hot toys. They couldn't make the figures.

Amazing how the things I want most just can't happen, then I had to resort to buying the toys era magtant that came with some damaged parts that toys era has no interest in sending me replacements or really helping me in any way.

It sucks but it is what it is.

As for the toys era...not surprising. They have no incentive to help. They are making an illegal product (illegal to make) and can get shut down any day.

Your perfect hot toys x-men movie line would consist of...?

9bb515e5a6fadaff4edb1d00b46a0cfaa47c50ea01e002fe332b493ec73a769c_:original

:monkey3

If mags gets skipped it has nothing to do with hot toys. They wanted to do him from X1 and dofp. As well as prof X and others. But the actors wouldn't sign likeness deals.

Ive heard that most of the new cast has standard likeness deals (all the new actors in Apoc). And that getting likeness deals for the first class cast was part of the negotiations between fox and marvel to allow fox to have tv rights. But I have not been able to get firm answers on if it happened or they moved off that point and got something else.

But as of dofp the lack of most figures has nothing to do with hot toys. They couldn't make the figures.

Damn that sucks! This whole stupid Marvel vs Fox ******** is screwing me out of so much awesome X-men merchandise, it's not even funny.

I'd just want Magneto and Professor X figures - both the old and young versions. Wouldn't really be interested in getting anyone else. :)

Damn that sucks! This whole stupid Marvel vs Fox ******** is screwing me out of so much awesome X-men merchandise, it's not even funny.

It sucks for fans but I understand it from fox business. Contrary to Internet opinion the xmen movies (and xmen in general) are not big merchandise movers. Even back when the first set of films came out and fox and marvel had a normal license built into the actors contracts there wasn't a lot of movie merch. Mostly it was used to push comic stuff by marvel. Which results in no money at all for fox, on that front. Even with the retail line (which was a dud) and the other few movie merchandise fox ended up paying more in actor compensation then they made from the merchandise. They only have a percentage of the merchandise but have to pay the actors upfront to get the deals. So they went to marvel and asked for a higher percentage and marvel said no. Neither party really had any leverage. So fox said they would not sign the actors to likeness deals and marvel didn't complain at that point. But then first class was better then expected, the three actors at the top went from also rans to A list over night. Then all the rumors about marvel sticking it to fox by killing comic characters ect(which was simply not the case).

And then a few adult collectible lines took off, some high end props and statue lines as well. And the whole market changed. And then fox wanted something from marvel...the tv rights. So marvel had leverage. Throw in the F4 issues, the Sony deal and that's where we are now. Well there's a boat load more..but u get the idea.

I too am a big xmen fan. So I hope the popularity picks up and it seems to be trending that way. It helps that we have a lot of versions of the main marvel characters in toy and statue and prop form and people are looking for something different.

Seeing that third party Cyclops, REALLY makes me want a real one. Man... I remember when toy biz had that 6 inch line from the first x-men film and although the likenesses were kind of off, I loved having the line. If X-men were only as popular when the first few films came out as it was in the early 90's, I think EVERYTHING would be different. The movies would've each made 300 million plus and we'd be on like x-men 6 WITH the original cast without prequels, sidequels, etc.

It sucks for fans but I understand it from fox business. Contrary to Internet opinion the xmen movies (and xmen in general) are not big merchandise movers. Even back when the first set of films came out and fox and marvel had a normal license built into the actors contracts there wasn't a lot of movie merch. Mostly it was used to push comic stuff by marvel. Which results in no money at all for fox, on that front. Even with the retail line (which was a dud) and the other few movie merchandise fox ended up paying more in actor compensation then they made from the merchandise. They only have a percentage of the merchandise but have to pay the actors upfront to get the deals. So they went to marvel and asked for a higher percentage and marvel said no. Neither party really had any leverage. So fox said they would not sign the actors to likeness deals and marvel didn't complain at that point. But then first class was better then expected, the three actors at the top went from also rans to A list over night. Then all the rumors about marvel sticking it to fox by killing comic characters ect(which was simply not the case).

And then a few adult collectible lines took off, some high end props and statue lines as well. And the whole market changed. And then fox wanted something from marvel...the tv rights. So marvel had leverage. Throw in the F4 issues, the Sony deal and that's where we are now. Well there's a boat load more..but u get the idea.

I too am a big xmen fan. So I hope the popularity picks up and it seems to be trending that way. It helps that we have a lot of versions of the main marvel characters in toy and statue and prop form and people are looking for something different.

It just sucks because in the 80s and early 90s the X-men were one of Marvel's biggest, if not the biggest franchise of theirs out there in terms of popularity. But now the X-men are almost a minority in terms of popularity to the Avengers, when they used to be on top. I've never found the Avengers as interesting as the X-men, it's hard for me to explain but the world of the X-men and just the X-men in general have always caught my interest now, so I hope they gain more popularity over time as well

They where the biggest in marvel up till a couple years ago when they started taking the normal classic teams and titles and changing it up. But that's on the comic side. The xmen have never been a main stream popular brand. Not like superman or batman. Even when issues of uncanny and Wolverine the other X titles where making up 70% of the top comics sold list superman and batman destroyed them in merchandise as did Spider-Man. The xmen saved marvel twice. When the films rights where sold and before it when they revived the brand for comics. But they have never been a big mover in merchandise.

They have never had the wide audience appeal. You need that or to be kid friendly. Out of the top 15-20 merchandised brands and what they make almost all are kids. Dora and Thomas the train and Disney princess all make around a billion a year in sales. The best year for xmen wasn't even 1/4 of that. The other brands on the list are WWE and spiderman and avengers and the two DC guys I mentioned. There's others.

What makes xmen great is also what hurts them. They are more adult themed, they are more violent, and they are full of anti heroes. It's great for comics, but trying to get general audiences to follow isn't as easy as something like Thor that's been around in Norse myth for 1000 years. Or a guy in a metal suit (iron man). Or the marvel version of superman, captain America. Wolverine the tortured mutant who half his power is forced on him (adamantium) and then kills and smokes and swears and wants to do his team mates girl is not as easy a sell to moms and toy makers. Lol

This isn't how I feel, it's just how it is. I love wolverine. And the xmen. And I enjoyed the films. I hope they become more and more mainstream and comics become less nerdy/geeky and more pop culture. Or nerdy/geeky becomes more pop culture. Whatever it is. Lol

The avengers are just an easier sell to a wide audience. But there would be no marvel with out the xmen and no marvel studios. And the comic book movie world as we know it would be very different if the first xmen film bombed.

In the mid-late 90s, the X-Men were a big deal for merchandise (action figures, video games), as was Spider-man. Basically, it mirrored the animated series (and comics) that were doing well- X-Men and Spidey. The X-Men were pretty mainstream among younger audiences (probably on par with the Batman animated series). FF and Iron Man had some figures, but the Avengers were generally nowhere. I remember it was a big deal when they made a Captain America figure, except it was released as part of the Spidey line (with a sparking shield!... I loved that figure).

The first X-Men movies' designs didn't lend themselves well to figures (so much black leather...), so I'm not surprised that the movie merchandise didn't sell well. Kids might have wanted to dress up as Wolverine or Cyclops, but probably not the movie versions.

Avengers fans got the short end of the stick in the 90s (in the comics and movies), and now it's the X-Men fans' turn. With Marvel's (i.e., Disney's) full marketing push, X-Men merchandise would sell. For crying out loud, Disney made millions off a tree and raccoon. There are too many quality X-Men characters to think they wouldn't sell well given Marvel marketing. But when movies are what's generating billions of dollars, the X-Men will obviously be left out of the Disney fold. It makes too much (dollar) sense to only advertise the characters that will be appearing in their movies.

Oh boy, I just saw Colossus in the Deadpool trailer. That I'd want.
Who's his sidekick though? Got Wolverine for that. Fastball Special!

Yeah, Colossus looks excellent so far.

Good question (re. OP) because HT have done **** all so far. :lol

At this point, mine would be:

X1 / DOFP 70s Logan

X1 Jean Grey

X1 Storm

X2 Nightcrawler

Back