X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are. And like always, people seem to forget that without them, we'd have no good superhero movies.

I liked the first two. Thought they were quite good actually.

The second one is a classic, it overcame that awkwardness of introducing the characters from the first and improved the characters look like with Cyclops Visor size and also expanded on the younger mutant like Pyro and Iceman and added Nightcrawler and Deathstrike.

I love how they were split into teams, it was a great way to give focus to most of the characters.

Elendil, I agree, I think the first two were good also, but I think Alex has a good idea if they stick to building their own universe based off of the First Class movie. It was done very well and I'd like to see it unhampered by them trying to "piece" plots around making it fit in with any of the prior X-Movies.

Elendil, I agree, I think the first two were good also, but I think Alex has a good idea if they stick to building their own universe based off of the First Class movie. It was done very well and I'd like to see it unhampered by them trying to "piece" plots around making it fit in with any of the prior X-Movies.

:goodpost:

While i like the originals, i Love First class and would prefer they build on that without restricting themseves to meet the canon of the originals.

I know they want that connecting universe Marvel has done, but the reason that worked is they planned it from the beginning.

The original trilogy is too far gone to build from, they're not gonna be getting any profit from those so there's no need for the connecting universe.

IMO the best thing would be to fit the new Wolverine film to First Class continuity, make that known as a tie-in and build First Class and The Wolverine and Days of Future Past together and leave the original trilogy and Originas for what they are.

The second one is a classic, it overcame that awkwardness of introducing the characters from the first and improved the characters look like with Cyclops Visor size and also expanded on the younger mutant like Pyro and Iceman and added Nightcrawler and Deathstrike.

I love how they were split into teams, it was a great way to give focus to most of the characters.

Splitting them into teams was the perfect choice, I agree. Very much like the comics there!

I can agree with that. Hopefully if they do it that way, they do it well. Having the original creator of the first two movies will help tremendously I think. Hoping for the best!

:goodpost:

While i like the originals, i Love First class and would prefer they build on that without restricting themseves to meet the canon of the originals.

I know they want that connecting universe Marvel has done, but the reason that worked is they planned it from the beginning.

The original trilogy is too far gone to build from, they're not gonna be getting any profit from those so there's no need for the connecting universe.

IMO the best thing would be to fit the new Wolverine film to First Class continuity, make that known as a tie-in and build First Class and The Wolverine and Days of Future Past together and leave the original trilogy and Originas for what they are.

It would just take one quick scenes to tie in the new Wolverine movie with First Class and thus also X-Men 1. Do a montage of scenes happening around they world. Put in a quick flash of Erik at the camp warping the gates or in the study with Shaw and there you would have continuity in about 3 to 4 seconds!

X2 yes. X-Men, god no.

They are. And like always, people seem to forget that without them, we'd have no good superhero movies.

Even though I hate admit it, you are right about X2. There are a few landmark comic book films and X2 was one of the first. I just don't like the direction that Singer took.

1. Spiderman
2. X2
3. Spiderman 2 (Which improved on brand and removes Spiderman)
4. V For Vendetta
5. Iron Man
6. TDK
7. Watchmen
8. X-Men First Class (Which improved on the brand and removes X2)

:exactly::goodpost:

Damn, we can agree on something.

Splitting them into teams was the perfect choice, I agree. Very much like the comics there!

I can agree with that. Hopefully if they do it that way, they do it well. Having the original creator of the first two movies will help tremendously I think. Hoping for the best!

:clap :clap

Singer mentioned that there is a chance to not only bring continuity to the previous films (He means X1 and X2, as he undid both the Wolverine prequel and X3 with FC) but that he'd bring more mutants into it. I'm really excited and god help me if we don't see a ____ing Sentinel with a title like "Days of the Future Past" I'll ____ing have a heart attack.

I think I agree with out. It is more than time we got a shot of a full Sentinel!

S6JEG00Z.jpg

Good to see MV back in the directors chair. Loved XMFC. Just wish he was back for Kick Ass 2.

Back