X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're more right than you know...

4221590_700b_v1.jpg

So extremely confusing. They should add exclusive nameplates. So many people would mix up Hulk and Dark Phoenix : x

Guess you don't like the comics (or don't read them) since the characters match their comic counterparts. :lol

If you think Singer's X-Men match their comic counterparts than it is you that doesn't read X-Men comics.

Mystique is a bad ass and beats the ____ out of Wolverine? Rogue is a little girl with one power and no self confidence to do anything? Scott and Jean are ten years apart in age? Toad is stronger and more powerful than half the team? Magneto is a weak old man with jewish roots who needs a helicopter to fly around? Yep, they match. :lol

Singer did the X-Men the greatest disservice in the history of comic book films and people love him for it. Singer was afraid to push the envelope with X-Men. He didn't even focus on the team, instead he choose two or three character to build the whole film around.

Vaughn gave everyone in the his film a purpose and made the movie he wanted to make. The final product was something fresh and great. Hopefully, he can do it again.

If you think Singer's X-Men match their comic counterparts than it is you that doesn't read X-Men comics.

Mystique is a bad ass and beats the ____ out of Wolverine? Rogue is a little girl with one power and no self confidence to do anything? Scott and Jean are ten years apart in age? Toad is stronger and more powerful than half the team? Magneto is a weak old man with jewish roots who needs a helicopter to fly around? Yep, they match. :lol

Singer did the X-Men the greatest disservice in the history of comic book films and people love him for it. Singer was afraid to push the envelope with X-Men. He didn't even focus on the team, instead he choose two or three character to build the whole film around.

Vaughn gave everyone in the his film a purpose and made the movie he wanted to make. The final product was something fresh and great. Hopefully, he can do it again.

I'm talking about that chart, troll. :duh

Well, to be honest, this indeed HAS been true at one point or another in the comics. Rogue was very much like that at the beginning. Mystique has indeed kicked Wolverines butt! Just because actors are different in age doesn't mean a thing for playing characters on screen. Magneto is indeed and Old Jewish man who still does in the comics on occasion use helicopters/X-Jets to get around.

Well, to be honest, this indeed HAS been true at one point or another in the comics. Rogue was very much like that at the beginning. Mystique has indeed kicked Wolverines butt! Just because actors are different in age doesn't mean a thing for playing characters on screen. Magneto is indeed and Old Jewish man who still does in the comics on occasion use helicopters/X-Jets to get around.

If that's the case than it's my bad. I guess you know more about X-Men lore than I do. :lol

If that's the case than it's my bad. I guess you know more about X-Men lore than I do. :lol

Yeah, I'm a big X-Fan! :)

Until recently I had almost the entire run of X-Comics. Pretty much everything from the mid 70's on. I ended up selling my entire Comic Book collection and almost all of my statue and figures to pay for some medical bills, and regular bills.

It sucks, but you do what you have to do. I doubt I'll ever get that collection together again, I probably won't even try. It would cost way too much.

So, starting over now! 1 item at a time, more the new stuff, except for Rogue. I want everything Rogue...she is my favourite! We need more of her in the movies!

:lecture Damn. It's been a while since I read any of the Xmen books. I've only read from early to mid 90s and some of the recent stuff. Especially the Whedon stories.

IMO the confusion about the comic-inspired movies is that the movie makers have so much to choose from, and then it seems like they pick and choose which representation of a character they want and mix and match from different stories---like a Chinese buffet.

Indeed! You are quite correct! In some ways that is good. After all, not all the representation I like are together at the same time in the comics, but it is possible in the movies!

I always considered Rogue in the movies to be a surrogate for Kitty when she was first recruited in 1980 (or thereabouts). And I thought the age difference between Scott and Jean was an effective way to show some disparity in that relationship, enough for Logan to be able to step in and add some tension between them. In other words, it was a good way for the audience to feel like Logan would be a better match for Jean than Scott was, and create an instant love triangle.

As a long-time X-Men fan (early 80s to about the mid 90s), I was quite happy with the first movie and went along with any changes they made. I thought the second one was even better but thought the third was complete trash.

I loved First Class but I hated the young X-Men in it. That felt like they just got random other mutants together just to pad the group. But the relationship between Erik and Charles was phenomenal. That's what made the movie for me.

As a long-time X-Men fan (early 80s to about the mid 90s), I was quite happy with the first movie and went along with any changes they made. I thought the second one was even better but thought the third was complete trash.
Yeah when the first one came out it seemed a comic book movie was finally done "right." Then 2 came out, and I just pooped myself by how much they improved on it. Then 3, well it was alright. At least we got to see Wolverine go berserker on those guys in the woods....they should've done more of that in the Origins movie.

I loved First Class but I hated the young X-Men in it. That felt like they just got random other mutants together just to pad the group. But the relationship between Erik and Charles was phenomenal. That's what made the movie for me.

:lecture

Yeah, I'm a big X-Fan! :)

Until recently I had almost the entire run of X-Comics. Pretty much everything from the mid 70's on. I ended up selling my entire Comic Book collection and almost all of my statue and figures to pay for some medical bills, and regular bills.

It sucks, but you do what you have to do. I doubt I'll ever get that collection together again, I probably won't even try. It would cost way too much.

So, starting over now! 1 item at a time, more the new stuff, except for Rogue. I want everything Rogue...she is my favourite! We need more of her in the movies!

That sucks man, glad to hear you're back into it now. :hi5:

Agreed, X1 was great and seeing Nightcrawler in action in X2 was awesome. X3 was just mediocre. I would definitely like to see more gritty Wolvie action sequences (without warped Deadpool.)

XMFC was pretty good but I agree, the mutants were just a bunch taken from different timelines and put together.

Someone put an interesting comment over on comingsoon.net. If they are looking to make more X-men film with the original casts, maybe in this new X-men movie, they can alter the events of the older films to the point that X-men 3 never happened.

Would be nice, but who knows.

Someone put an interesting comment over on comingsoon.net. If they are looking to make more X-men film with the original casts, maybe in this new X-men movie, they can alter the events of the older films to the point that X-men 3 never happened.

I don't think Fox would have that kind of foresight.

So you're saying Nimrod goes back in time and kills Brett Ratner...interesting.

Back