Who Portrayed Batman the Best?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who Best Portrayed Batman?

• Adam West

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Michael Keaton

Votes: 35 23.2%
  • Val Kilmer

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • George Clooney

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Christian Bale

Votes: 89 58.9%
  • Kevin Conroy

Votes: 18 11.9%

• Total voters
I don't know who the other guy is :confused:

:horror :thwak

nuovo1oy5.jpg

I didn't know him either. I have never seen the animated Batman show.

Now THAT is sad! :monkey2
Get them and see them! THE BEST BATMAN EVER! Hands down. Start with the original Batman Animated Series though. The ones from 1991-92 era. Great stuff! Heart of Ice, the first episode with Mr. Freeze, won an Emmy for writing. Best 22 minutes of Batman ever shot. :rock Many great episodes in there. Awesome stuff! There are some great eps on the new 2 disc set of Gotham Knight. See those if nothing else. Heart of Ice is on there.

Batman Begins is my all time favorite Batman movie but I still picked Michael Keaton. To me Keaton will always be Batman, no doubt. He just flowed more as Wayne IMO.

Now THAT is sad! :monkey2
Get them and see them! THE BEST BATMAN EVER! Hands down. Start with the original Batman Animated Series though. The ones from 1991-92 era. Great stuff! Heart of Ice, the first episode with Mr. Freeze, won an Emmy for writing. Best 22 minutes of Batman ever shot. :rock Many great episodes in there. Awesome stuff! There are some great eps on the new 2 disc set of Gotham Knight. See those if nothing else. Heart of Ice is on there.

Don't forget the excellent 1993 movie Mask of the Phantasm.

motp.jpg

For me Bale is the best real world definition of Batman and Bruce Wayne. The locations and props are the most believable.

Conroy is a very close second in terms of voice and the delivery of the Batman and Bruce Wayne roles. They were clearly two different persona's.

I really like how both these actors can portray a menacing octave drop in their voice when they took on Batman roles. (on another note, this is something Christopher Reeve also did so well in his roles as Superman and Clark Kent)

Is Batman Animated Series complete seasons available on dvd?

All four seasons are available on DVD. If you have a Walmart nearby they are usually on sale for like 20 to 30 bucks. I have them all except the 4th season were Dick Grayson became Nightwing and the style changed.

I really need to pickup Mask of the Phantasm and the Batman Subzero movie where Mr. Freeze is living at the South Pole.

For me the epitomy of Batman is the original Batman The Animated Series. The episodes with Rha's Al Ghul and the origin of Two-Face and Christmas with the Joker will always have a special place in my heart. Almost Got Him and Heart of Ice are the best episodes IMHO.

Thanks picc. I loved the show when it was originally on, but I have seen an episode in years. Need to pick them up on DVD.

Only 4 seasons? Seems like it ran longer than that.

Anyway, I need to get these on DVD.

Batman, hmmm, just the name fills my mind with comic book imagery. That is where he was born and belongs, that is his world. It is no wonder the animated version is held so high.

Even though there were early B&W attempts on TV serials for kids, he never really hit his strides till Adam West came along and a proper Batmobile was deemed a necessary expense. This was a spoof and, as such, was perfect in approach and execution.

No matter how real they may try to portray the Batman in film, it is crazy to think a man can don a military suit or costume of any sort to fight crime under the guise of a Batman.

As to who portrayed him the best, I find it difficult to answer. Batman is best portrayed by anyone wearing a Batsuit. From the choices above I'd have to say Adam West as well. Ran the entire Batman gamut, props, vehicles, villians. A complete work, not like the repeated themes used in films where much of the focus is on the directors interpretations.

I happen to like Clooney's Bat Nipples as well. :D

Thanks picc. I loved the show when it was originally on, but I have seen an episode in years. Need to pick them up on DVD.

Only 4 seasons? Seems like it ran longer than that.

Anyway, I need to get these on DVD.

If you have cable they show Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Iron Man, Hulk, Spider-Man and Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends on Jetix on Toon Disney. Comes on everyday.

I picked Conroys for his voice, but for the movie I would pick Bales. If you guys are interested in BTAS seasons 1-4 they got it at amazon.com. It's $17.99 each with free shipping. I bought seasons 1 & 2 already had 3 & 4. I also got my bluray Batman Begins Special Edition Gift Pack and bluray Gotham Knight w/free shipping there. https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Anima..._bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1215920957&sr=8-1

For me the epitomy of Batman is the original Batman The Animated Series. The episodes with Rha's Al Ghul and the origin of Two-Face and Christmas with the Joker will always have a special place in my heart. Almost Got Him and Heart of Ice are the best episodes IMHO.

Same here... I grew up watching that show and it just deepened my love for the characters in the Bat-universe. Heart of Ice is my favorite by far and the perfect example of how to portray Mr. Freeze on film in the future.

That show had so many great stories, and brought new depth to the origins of the characters. They did exceptional work with Two Face, Joker, even Clayface. Amazing show, great writing and stunning voice talent. :rock2

Back