Who Portrayed Batman the Best?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who Best Portrayed Batman?

• Adam West

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Michael Keaton

Votes: 35 23.2%
  • Val Kilmer

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • George Clooney

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Christian Bale

Votes: 89 58.9%
  • Kevin Conroy

Votes: 18 11.9%

• Total voters
Keaton, the voice, the stare, the awsome bat-moves.

I don't mind Bale though.

Last edited:
Poor Kilmer, no love. And he was better than Clooney who has 2?????

Those have to be joke / troll type votes. Anyway, have to go with Bale just because he portrayed both Wayne and Bats so well. I loved Keaton as Wayne but not as Batman. Loved Kilmer as Batman (tho not as much as Bale) but not as Wayne. I probably would've voted Conroy over Bale, but since it's voice acting only I can't give him the edge. Plus his Wayne has always annoyed me.

Poor Kilmer, no love. And he was better than Clooney who has 2?????

293.kilmer.val.100407.jpg

Poor Kilmer indeed.

I voted Conroy. Why? Because to me, the Batman Animated Series is by far, THE BEST RENDITION OF BATMAN EVER PRODUCED! And Kevin Conroy's voice alone IS Batman. So much so, that the others pale in comparison.
However, in the movies, it's Bale by a nose over Keaton. Love them both, but Bale is badass in ways Keaton just can't be. Keaton was cool though, as was Adam West. West's deadpan delivery of a line is almost unmatched.
But Conroy IS Batman for me. Always will be. Somehow, they locked something amazing with casting him.

There yet remains to be seen, the true and definitive movie Batman in my opinion.
But, Bale is close....very much so...

My thoughts exactly. As much as I love Bale's performance, the animated versions with Conroy are the closest to the character in the comic that I grew up enjoying.

Ugh, TDK made me dislike Bale's Batman even more. Honestly, he still did a good job, and was perfect as Wayne, but his batvoice annoyed the piss out of me more than it did in the first film. God, I miss Keaton.

I don't mind the laryngitis, though I wish he'd tone it down a bit. He's still the top Batman in my eyes. Physique, grimace, ass-kicking ability. It's just the whispery room voice that bothers me. When he yells, it's a different story (it's a frightening growl, but he spits).

I wonder if the voice is something Bale cooked up himself, or was insisted upon by Nolan. Guess we may never know.

those who've seen it can you rate me how good the movie is from a scale 1 to 10? not you dr.mirakle you're bias already lol.

My review is in the spoiler section and the only major spoiler is censored. I would give it an 8/10.

Can you put this in perspective? what would you give Batman Begins, and the 89 Batman for that matter.

And Venakin said that you're bias. Dunno if he was joking or not. :confused:

Can you put this in perspective? what would you give Batman Begins, and the 89 Batman for that matter.

And Venakin said that you're bias. Dunno if he was joking or not. :confused:

Here are some hilights from my review:
I liked BATMAN BEGINS, don't get me wrong; but I always tended to prefer the original Burton film. Its probably safe to say TDK is the finest of Batman movies, and even though the title hints at it, I was surprised by how surprisingly dark and emotional it was.

Overall, a solid 4/5 and probably the BEST bat-film yet. This could be Nolan's last Batman, and I would be satisfied. As good as IRON MAN, but with me, it's apples and oranges. Here is how I rank the series:

1. THE DARK KNIGHT: The modern, hi-tech Batman comics of the 90's and 00's. A modern crime drama. 4/5
2. BATMAN: The classic Batman of the 30's and 40's as Kane and Finger created him. Gothic horror meets Warner gangster. 3.75/5
3. BATMAN BEGINS: A pretty faithful adaptation of YEAR ONE, mixed with the O'NEIL stories of the 70's. Origin Story. 3.5/5
4. BATMAN RETURNS: An original Tim Burton film. German Expressionism. 3/5
5. BATMAN FOREVER: The campy comics of the 50's and 60's updated for the 90's. Typical Summer blockbuster. 2.75/5

Did I miss any?
:angelsmil

Back