Who Portrayed Batman the Best?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who Best Portrayed Batman?

• Adam West

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Michael Keaton

Votes: 35 23.2%
  • Val Kilmer

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • George Clooney

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Christian Bale

Votes: 89 58.9%
  • Kevin Conroy

Votes: 18 11.9%

• Total voters
To me there is only one Batman, and that is Kevin Conroy. His voice is the one I hear in my head when I read the comic books. Even if he didn't actually do the physical work, no other actor has come closer to capturing Batman.

everyone like bale hes good but i dont like how his voice changes when hes batman other then that great

I would have too say that all who have portrayed the Batman have all equally done an excellent job in their respective roles. Each took on the persona of the Batman from the particular year that they portrayed him. I was,nt overly keen on Val Kilmer, but the more I have seen this movie, it does tend too grow on you...But if it came down too one actor , I would have too say that Chris Bale takes the vote, He was an actor that I was not that familiar with until he reprised the Batman Begins Role. He is exactly what you would expect of the current day Batman and he brings a real sinister, prowess to the character... It is hard to now imagine any other as the Bat.........................So Say,s The Leader.................:naughty:naughty:naughty

everyone like bale hes good but i dont like how his voice changes when hes batman other then that great

I don't mind the voice, but my friends joke that Batman has laryngitis. :lol I'm always the first to defend the voice. It's realistic - I mean, if Bruce used his normal voice as Batman (like how almost EVERY Batman actor, live-action or animated, does), someone is bound to figure it out and recognize it sooner or later, so the raspy tone is necessary. I don't see Adam West, Clooney, or anyone else doing that...maybe Conroy does it, but it's very subtle to me.

I also like his angry/yelling voice. I.E. in the TDK trailers where he yells "Where is he?!" to what looks like a Joker henchman. Or the sequence in Batman Begins in which he's hanging Flass from the rooftops.

I wish this poll included "Bruce Wayne" in the title. Without Bruce Wayne, there wouldn't be a Batman, and I think Bale gave us the definitive Wayne (demeanor AND physicality), even if his Batman isn't the best.

I don't mind the voice, but my friends joke that Batman has laryngitis. :lol I'm always the first to defend the voice. It's realistic - I mean, if Bruce used his normal voice as Batman (like how almost EVERY Batman actor, live-action or animated, does), someone is bound to figure it out and recognize it sooner or later, so the raspy tone is necessary. I don't see Adam West, Clooney, or anyone else doing that...maybe Conroy does it, but it's very subtle to me.

I also like his angry/yelling voice. I.E. in the TDK trailers where he yells "Where is he?!" to what looks like a Joker henchman. Or the sequence in Batman Begins in which he's hanging Flass from the rooftops.

I wish this poll included "Bruce Wayne" in the title. Without Bruce Wayne, there wouldn't be a Batman, and I think Bale gave us the definitive Wayne (demeanor AND physicality), even if his Batman isn't the best.

If he played the definative Wayne, then that quite simply flows over to the Bat charactor...........As you stated ,,,Without Bruce Wayne there would,nt be a Batman.......:confused::confused::confused:

Keaton was the greatest:bow

As much as I like Bale as an actor, he sucks big time as Batman (cool Bruce Wayne though).

Of those in the poll, I'd have to go with Conroy, then Bale. However, I think this is the best Batman ever put on film, albeit too short.
BatmanDeadEnd15.jpg

Of those in the poll, I'd have to go with Conroy, then Bale. However, I think this is the best Batman ever put on film, albeit too short.
BatmanDeadEnd15.jpg

He is a good looking Batman, but no where near enough screentime or lines to judge him against the Batman portrayals in the real movies.

I didn't know him either. I have never seen the animated Batman show.

Yeah, i havnt seen anyof it either.

Now THAT is sad! :monkey2
Get them and see them! THE BEST BATMAN EVER! Hands down. Start with the original Batman Animated Series though. The ones from 1991-92 era. Great stuff! Heart of Ice, the first episode with Mr. Freeze, won an Emmy for writing. Best 22 minutes of Batman ever shot. :rock Many great episodes in there. Awesome stuff! There are some great eps on the new 2 disc set of Gotham Knight. See those if nothing else. Heart of Ice is on there.

Are these the one's your talking about?

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias=dvd&field-keywords=batman+animated

He is a good looking Batman, but no where near enough screentime or lines to judge him against the Batman portrayals in the real movies.

Perhaps, but between Dead End and World's Finest, I know I like him better than Clooney, Kilmer and Keaton.

Keaton, no doubt. He had the quiet intensity of a psycopath, and was able to convey alot with his eyes alone. I also liked his different portrayal of Bruce Wayne, as a distracted introvert, rather than the typical loud, obnoxious playboy type. He seems like there's something brewing inside of him. And of course, he had the voice.

Who cares about his height? If Batman was naturally this massive, roided up hulk, he wouldn't have to be all decked out in a total bat costume to be intimidating. Keaton was in good shape, and in the costume, he made it seem that his inner persona would feel comfortable and take over. Plus, Keaton played Batman as this badass who wasn't affraid to kill when he had to-- just like the character Bob Kane and Bill Finger created back in 1939.

Bale is FANTASTIC, don't get me wrong, and I hope he stays as Batman for many films to come. Sure he has the build and attitude of the comic Wayne, but his Batman only builds on what Keaton left, making him louder.

Again, qithout a doubt, I prefer both Wayne and Batman the way Keaton portrayed them.

It's definitely between Keaton and Bale, none of the others are even close.

You gotta give Keaton credit for the respect he's earned because he is a very unlikely choice for Bruce Wayne.

Bale is one of those guys that just is born to play the character.

It's definitely between Keaton and Bale, none of the others are even close.

You gotta give Keaton credit for the respect he's earned because he is a very unlikely choice for Bruce Wayne.

Bale is one of those guys that just is born to play the character.

Owned.................................:D:D:D

Back