Who Portrayed Batman the Best?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who Best Portrayed Batman?

• Adam West

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Michael Keaton

Votes: 35 23.2%
  • Val Kilmer

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • George Clooney

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Christian Bale

Votes: 89 58.9%
  • Kevin Conroy

Votes: 18 11.9%

• Total voters
I love Bale in the role, but for right now I still have to give the nod to Keaton. That could very well change after next week, though. ;)

For me it has to be Kevin Conroy. His voice is the epitomy of the Dark Knight Detective. Batman the Animated Series has to be the best representation of the Batman character and the Batman Universe.
Kevin Conroy's potrayal of the guardian of Gotham, as both Bruce Wayne and Batman, has been so well respected and received that Batman Gotham Knights is the forth "series" were he is portraying the character.

I hate to sound like a band wagon jumper, but I love Bale. And the way Batman Begins elaborates on how and WHY we became Batman. Don't get me wrong I think Keaton did a just as good as a job in the cowl, just in a different vision. I think Kilmer and Clooney had the tools to be as good but just dropped the ball (damn Shumacher). West, well all I have to say is keep it in perspective of the time.

I like the current trend of Directors and writers going back to the material for the basis of their stories, and not just running with what they THINK the story is about. My only complaint is the fact they keep going with a black suit. Why not try the traditional black and Grey. It could work. The new suit looks kinda like a cross between Batman and the clone wars armor.

in closing, I think as long as they keep it true to the material, and not worry about what they can turn into toys or t-shirts they will be good. Granted there are tons of stuff for this movie, but the products are based on the movie, and not someone at WB saying hey what would make a cool toy. If you really want to know what I'm talking about watch Kevin Smith's commentary on Superman Lives and his working with anti-talent John Peters. (Gay robots?)

Well, thanks for editing my post without permission. And secondly.....................................................Christian Bale Sucks Woodies!
Bale completely ruined the Batman image and character.

-CJK
Well, there goes your credibility on any post from now on.

Must not have watched Batman and Robin.

Which Batman and Robin are we talking about? The Classic (Scooby Doo Era) Cartoon, the West show, or the Clooney film?

-CJK

Last edited:
Well, thanks for editing my post without permission. And secondly.....................................................Christian Bale Sucks Woodies!
Bale completely ruined the Batman image and character.

-CJK

Sorry for improving the poll.:monkey5

...and I'm guessing from your feeling about Bale that either West or Clooney are your favorite?
:confused:

Ok look, I didnt want to say this...but are all Burton Batman fans are the same?

"KEATON IS A BADASS, BALE IS LITTLE SISSY BOI!11 EVERYONE IS TEH FAILZ CPET KEATON WHO RULZ. YEYEYZ"A

I have, and will always love the Burton movies, but I think the new Nolan films are way better. Now its alright to have a favorite, but why do Burton fans insult Bale? Its quite immature. Oh and you should see them talk about Ledger....such nice people they are. :rolleyes:

I'm surprised it took this long for this poll to be created!!! In hindsight it seems almost ubiquitous on the SSF boards.

I voted for CB, of course.

I liked the Michael Keaton Batman. But, the Christian Bale Batman is easily my favorite.

I voted Conroy. Why? Because to me, the Batman Animated Series is by far, THE BEST RENDITION OF BATMAN EVER PRODUCED! And Kevin Conroy's voice alone IS Batman. So much so, that the others pale in comparison.
However, in the movies, it's Bale by a nose over Keaton. Love them both, but Bale is badass in ways Keaton just can't be. Keaton was cool though, as was Adam West. West's deadpan delivery of a line is almost unmatched.
But Conroy IS Batman for me. Always will be. Somehow, they locked something amazing with casting him.

There yet remains to be seen, the true and definitive movie Batman in my opinion.
But, Bale is close....very much so...

I voted for Conroy for all the reasons Les stated above. When I read Batman, Conroy is delivering the lines in my head.

I'm a little surprised at the all out love-fest for Bale though. As Bruce Wayne, I think he's fantastic. As Batman, I feel he's a bit too intense and his "growling" voice completely turns me off. So yeah, I like Keaton as Batman over Bale. That doesn't mean I like Burton over Begins, I just prefer Keaton's performance as Bats compared to Bale. The fact that Bale's, imo, over the top performance in the suit didn't ruin Begins (for me) is a testament to Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer.

got to tell you guys....i think clooney might have been able to pull it off a good batman....thats if and only if he had a good script and Joel Schumacher was no where near the movie...he has the flair that makes a good wayne..like kilmer had..

Bales growling voice made it for me man...the whole scene when he grabs that guy with the rope and pulls him up and growls in his face....WHHYYY! awesome!!! also when he turns into that demon bat in the mind of scarecrow...

I still prefer Keaton, at least over Bale in Begins. But the Dark Knight could sway that as his version is a very close second.

I love Adam West as Batman, he worked well with what he had. Clooney was awful, but I agree its probably more the movie than him. Kilmer was very blah to me, no real heart for the character. And Conroy definitely is the voice of Batman, but I still don't instantly think of him when I think of Batman.

Back