Who Do You Hope to See from Sideshow in 2012?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who do you hope get's the Sideshow treatment from the G.I. Joe license in 2012?

• Snake-Eyes v1 (Commando)

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Cobra Commander v1 (Battle Helmet)

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • Major Bludd

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Roadblock

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Scarlett

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • Snow Job

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Gung Ho

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Destro v1

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Grunt

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Ace

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
'83 or nothing works for me. How about the Exclusive with a Gold Sculpt and a gold plated AK 47 to match, something to remind us of the weapon warlord he is supposed to be? I'd for one probably lose some sleep waiting on that one to arrive.

He's a refined Scottish arms dealer, not some rebel leader from Sierra Leone. :dunno

Id love to see Barbecue and Blowtorch but mainly Barbecue, man i used to love that figure as a kid.

417030130_fe16739f42.jpg

It's funny how many ARAH purists want Destro only in his '83 version with no other additions...when Firefly is probably THE most popular G.I. Joe Sideshow has done in the line and he was a reimagining with the red goggles, boots/waders, and custom backpack.

The did do the camo balaclava to satisfy outcry from the purists though...

Firefly was good, but I would have paid another $50 to get a true 84' Firefly, I never cared for the jacket and pants.

It's funny how many ARAH purists want Destro only in his '83 version with no other additions...when Firefly is probably THE most popular G.I. Joe Sideshow has done in the line and he was a reimagining with the red goggles, boots/waders, and custom backpack.

deal-with-it.jpg

I've stated my approval on the updated look already and I'll do it again. I'm glad I'm not bothered by Sideshow taking a different approach with RAH. And I think RAH is just there for marketing since it was the most recognized era of GI Joe. If you wanted to make a literal case with Sideshows involvement then this should actually have Cobra as the moniker. Personally the last thing I want is a repeat on 80s 3.75 line just at a larger scale. Sure they were awesome toys in the 80s but Hasbros concepts were far from perfect also. I don't see the point in collecting 100% nostalgic.

I've stated my approval on the updated look already and I'll do it again. I'm glad I'm not bothered by Sideshow taking a different approach with RAH. And I think RAH is just there for marketing since it was the most recognized era of GI Joe. If you wanted to make a literal case with Sideshows involvement then this should actually have Cobra as the moniker. Personally the last thing I want is a repeat on 80s 3.75 line just at a larger scale. Sure they were awesome toys in the 80s but Hasbros concepts were far from perfect also. I don't see the point in collecting 100% nostalgic.

:exactly:

Sideshow (and Hot Toys for that matter) specializes in the 1/6th military hobby...why not the best of both worlds with a mix of real world military design and classic '80s ARAH cheese. Customizers will always modify (as done with the Viper's boots) to make it closer to the original anyways...

warning-sign-generator.gif

lol. You probably don't like Firefly then. I think it is one of Sideshow's best figures. Easily reconizable as Firefly but, updated and modern. Don't get me wrong I like the 83 Destro design back in the day but, it really needs a modern update. Call me crazy, I think a strict 83 Destro by Sideshow in tight vinyl with an open shirt and bling swag would be fail and stick out like a sore thumb with the rest of the collection.:monkey1

af44.jpg

Destro can be updated without completely veering away fromt he 83 design. Here is a custom that that reminds me of the 83 Destro but has some modern updates.
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-discussion/85103-rah-reload-chairman-m-r-s-james-mccullen-destro-xxiv-more-content-added.html

Not impressed with that custom.Its like he is missing pieces or forgot to get fully dressed...

Sorry... '83 Design or FAIL!

That's kind of arguable, wouldn't you think??? I don't think he is the best one.

I'm not a fan of updates. Firefly...meh. CC with leather trenchcoat...meh. Destro better look 80's-ish or it will be another fail that everybody is gonna have to customize to look right. Why don't those who want an updated look just buy their own trenchcoat??

I think some people are losing sight of what sideshow GI Joe is. It is a reimagining of what the RAH line would be today. While staying true to the original figures, there is some room for artistic talents to take the series to a new level. I stated '83 or nothing, and not only do I hope they update Desto with a modern take, I would be dissapointed if they didn't. Newsflash, the '83 Destro didn't have much gear and would look decidedly plain if released as a die hard remake of the original. With that said, I still want a gold AK.:pfft:

To maybe you and a handful of other newbs. Popularity alone, Snake Eyes would be it. Storm Shadow coming in a close second.

Ha!!! I resemble that remark!

But all kidding aside, Firefly DID get newbs like me into collecting 1/6th scale when it was never a consideration before. It was my first Sideshow collectible and 1/6th figure.

To maybe you and a handful of other newbs. Popularity alone, Snake Eyes would be it. Storm Shadow coming in a close second.

newbs psshh :nono Even if Snake Eyes was the most popular, he was still quite a modern update (I'd say even more so than Firefly). I actually had him pre-ordered and cancelled once I saw that skinny body and misplaced visor but I loved all that gear. So I hope they give Destro the Snake eyes treatment minus the skinny body. :yess: All I know is I'm getting impatient for them to finally release Destro:impatient:

Ha!!! I resemble that remark!

But all kidding aside, Firefly DID get newbs like me into collecting 1/6th scale when it was never a consideration before. It was my first Sideshow collectible and 1/6th figure.

The camo mask really did it for some to tie the likeness in better, despite the hooded parka and Ice Viper pattern, so that's not surprising.

newbs psshh :nono Even if Snake Eyes was the most popular, he was still quite a modern update (I'd say even more so than Firefly). I actually had him pre-ordered and cancelled once I saw that skinny body and misplaced visor but I loved all that gear. So I hope they give Destro the Snake eyes treatment minus the skinny body. :yess: All I know is I'm getting impatient for them to finally release Destro:impatient:

Yes and no. He was more an amalgam of Ver1 and Ver2 vs. the overhaul Firefly got.

Jinx

would rather see the comic/cartoon version, but depending on how the movie ends up, who knows she could be really popular?
--

Based on the trailer . . . I'm guessing there will be two versions of JINX. One wearing the blindfold and another in that funky black/yellow outfit from the scene with her & SNAKE EYES on the mountain fighting those red ninjas.

I dunno, but I wonder if Sideshow . . . or HOT TOYS . . . will contemplate offering figures or statues based on GI JOE: RETALIATION considering the sequel so far is generating anticipation?

Maybe a 1:6 JOSEPH COLTON figure down the road based on Bruce Willis' likeness?

Back