Which type of Hot Toys body for the Hulk figure would you prefer?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For the figure i'd like...

• Truetype body with full range of double-jointed articulation but obvious joints

Votes: 32 13.3%
  • Fully sculpted muscle body type with lesser visible joints & limited atriculation

Votes: 160 66.4%
  • Rubber covered body with no visible joints and very little articulation

Votes: 49 20.3%

• Total voters
Its an action figure. Visible joints. This isnt the future yet where we have action figures that have rubber bodies that dont deteriorate and until we do we have to make do with visible joints. I'm drunk.

I hope for a rubber body too or someway to make the joints less visible, maybe like the ones they use for their Batman suits (minus leaky abs of course). So far my original TDK Bats is still holding up.

Otherwise, we would be paying probably near $300 bucks for an overpriced larger plastic TT body with a pair of pants.

Well I kinda don't want Hulk to have a torso joint, I don't think its necessary.The chest is the largest visible area, it should be sculpted perfectly. I want Hulk to look like Classic Predator, design wise. Classic is capable of tons of poses without that extra joint. When I see Predator, I don't think it looks like a cheap toy at all. Thats the best blueprint for how to construct Hulk.

The body is the dealbreaker with this figure the way the sculpt is with most other figures........its gotta be a full rubber or other, body joints will kill it

The body is the dealbreaker with this figure the way the sculpt is with most other figures........its gotta be a full rubber or other, body joints will kill it

Spoken like a man who hasn't had a rubber figure crack or melt in front of his eyes :lol

I think the number of collectors reluctant to buy a full rubber figure will be greater than the number of collectors reluctant to buy a figure with exposed joints. A compromise is the likely bet, but otherwise it'll be exposed joints throughout.

NO VISIBLE JOINTS! I'm not paying over 400 bucks for a larger version of the Marvel Legends figure with a slightly better paint job.

Honestly, if they can't hide the joints then they shouldn't make an all hard-plastic 16" toy UNLESS it will be sold for $150.00 or less. Even Neca's quarter scale preds sell for $100. You can argue that their paint jobs are shady but if you bump the retail price by 50% (from $100 to $150) you'll have an awesome figure. Not to mention that there's not alot of detailed work on Hulk. And the only fabric piece are the ripped pants.

And, I'll say it again, none of my HT rubber figures have ever had any problems.

Spoken like a man who hasn't had a rubber figure crack or melt in front of his eyes :lol

I think the number of collectors reluctant to buy a full rubber figure will be greater than the number of collectors reluctant to buy a figure with exposed joints. A compromise is the likely bet, but otherwise it'll be exposed joints throughout.

i got leonidas, bats89 and hellboy i dont play with them just pose them and the only complaints so far was the red plastic legs on hellboy the dye weakened the joints......anyone know if green is as weakening to plastic as red ?

NO VISIBLE JOINTS! I'm not paying over 400 bucks for a larger version of the Marvel Legends figure with a slightly better paint job.

Honestly, if they can't hide the joints then they shouldn't make an all hard-plastic 16" toy UNLESS it will be sold for $150.00 or less. Even Neca's quarter scale preds sell for $100. You can argue that their paint jobs are shady but if you bump the retail price by 50% (from $100 to $150) you'll have an awesome figure. Not to mention that there's not alot of detailed work on Hulk. And the only fabric piece are the ripped pants.

And, I'll say it again, none of my HT rubber figures have ever had any problems.

It's not just the plastic, it's the talent you're paying extra for. If you can't appreciate the realism and artistry they consistently achieve, then stick to the legends figs. Besides, you'd be a richer man than me if you weren't already heh.

The kind that won't be over $200 for a bare minimal figure!

Nothing will be "minimal" about this Hulk. Ever.

I see the "then just get a statue" patrol about to come after you. :rotfl

Well I kinda don't want Hulk to have a torso joint, I don't think its necessary.The chest is the largest visible area, it should be sculpted perfectly. I want Hulk to look like Classic Predator, design wise. Classic is capable of tons of poses without that extra joint. When I see Predator, I don't think it looks like a cheap toy at all. Thats the best blueprint for how to construct Hulk.

Agreed. However, the Classic Predator gets away with the joints because of the dark skin tone it has (and the net on one arm and the shin guards, etc.). I think the Avatar figure will be most representative of how the Hulk will turn out then the Classic Predator figure.

No skin suit please...They skin tends to bunch up when you pose, not to mention the possibility of tearing over time...HT will do a good job hiding it as best they can, but I fully expect to see some joints and I'll be fine with it...it will be the best representation of HULK ever created in regards to a 1/6th scale collectible.

And if you don't want any joints...buy a statue :nana:

Time will tell though...I'm really hoping they show him to us before the movie hits in the US (May 4th), but I kinda doubt it. Thor was teased last weekend and he'll probably show up in another week for PO...I expect HULK won't be shown until after BW now...so HULK PO's probably won't go up until the end of May or early June.....I hope I'm wrong though.

I see the "then just get a statue" patrol about to come after you. :rotfl

Yeah that's a pretty ridiculous argument. Of course I'll get a statue if I like it. But a 16" statue made of resin can be worth $400 dollars. And thats really irrelevant to this particular topic. A simple "Action Figure" made of ABS, PP, PE, etc plastics is not worth $400 regardless if people buy it at that price. Don't get me wrong, high end plastic toys like Iron Monger and the Tumbler have intense engineering and a s___ -load of parts to be assembled. A big marvel-legends style Hulk is just a big action figure with out the intrecasies of an Iron Monger/Tumbler/etc.

I like action figures, that's why I'm in this hobby. I appreciate both high end and low end toys. But HT's 1/6 scale figures are not just "action figures". They're high end collectible, articulated figures with multiple pieces/assesories. I'll be glad to pay $150 for a big marvel legends style hulk action figure that's in scale with HT's 1/6 Avengers. All I'm saying is I expect HT to push the bar (as they have in the past) with ALL of their 1/6 figures if they want to charge $200- $500 bucks per figure.

So this will be HT's first Hulk. A figure we've all been asking for years. And it's going to be JUST a big action figure? Really??? Well OK, that's cool. I understand you may not have been able to pull it off otherwise. I'll pay them $150 for it LOL.

^ Classic Predator, Wolverine and Jake Sully aren't just action figures, they are high end collectibles too, and they have visible joints, where is this line drawn for Hulk, where visible joint means just another action figure.

Is it the size?

Back