John Matrix arms: which would you prefer?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which arms would you prefer on the John Matrix figure?

• Rubber, as seen in the proto pics

Votes: 28 34.6%
  • Single jointed, similar to MMS136, 117, Bane

Votes: 33 40.7%
  • Double jointed, similar to DX10, 13, MMS238

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other, please specify in the comments

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
I'd like to hear more from the pro-rubber guys. Are the fears of tearing unfounded?
Like I said in the Commando thread, I owned a rubber-armed Hot Toys Dutch for years, posed him however I damn well wanted, and never had a problem with the rubber. I think with slimmer arms (like Sarah Conner) it could be a bigger issue, but Arnold's arms are probably thick enough for the rubber to remain strong.

Now if a person expected the figure to last 30 years without deterioration or had a history of cracking rubber with previous figures, then I'd recommend they avoid John Matrix. The issue is quite possibly environmental, in which case one collector could have rubber deterioration issues with every figure they've purchased, while another collector could have no issues whatsoever with every figure they've purchased.

I won't say they're unfounded but I have yet to see the rubber degrade on any of my Sarah Connors or the one Dutch body I still have.

I won't say they're unfounded but I have yet to see the rubber degrade on any of my Sarah Connors or the one Dutch body I still have.

Same here, though I have seen others who had those figures and did have issues. There's also the resent Light armor Thor, no rubber break down but many cases of paint rubbing off the arms from posing in the armpit area:lecture

I would prefer single jointed. I really dislike the rubber arms. I had one of the early Hot Toys muscle bodied figures (DEVGRU) and the rubber deteriorated badly.

That being said, not all HT rubber falls apart when you look at it. My Battle Damaged ED-209 still has a flawless dome (yes, I've been lucky on that one) and my Aliens Drake's rubber arms show no sign of cracking after being posed with the smart gun for the past 5 years or so.

Not trying to defend the use of rubber, as I don't really like it, just relating my experience.

Oh, and my MMS71 Batman with rubber suit hasn't shown any sign of cracking, but he's been in a pretty static museum pose all this time.

I'm kind of confused. Is the rubber on the arms similar to the Batman 89 and Dark Knight suits? I thought Hot Toys fixed any concerns about rubber wear and ripping? I was happy when I saw this figure without the arm joints like Hawkeye. I haven't checked the threads but I haven't seen any main threads with the Thor or Hulk rubber arms coming apart from poses.

Don't care what joint, just make sure arnies arms are big enough
Proto looks a little too small

I'd like to hear more from the pro-rubber guys. Are the fears of tearing unfounded?

I would say so my Dutch never had problems but didn't keep him long enough to really find out, same with my BB figure, the Chinese release not the SS one, the one that came out around the time the V1 Joker came out. But the only thing I've seen about arms was that picture about Sarah Conner. I know the Mars Attacks figures had problems too. Those are old figures though.

please explain for all the newbie including me....

That's the thing he can't, I would love a list of broken arms vs un broken arms. You never hear this much hate towards rubber on the Batman threads. Its all UN-founded fear based on some minor mishaps here and there.

why not use double joint with a soft durable rubber joint cover to conceal the joints so it offers maximum articulation and decent aesthetic.

I prefer appearance so rubber for me. My leonidas still looks good, never pose the hand at all but who cares. Its good on display, thats all

That's the thing he can't, I would love a list of broken arms vs un broken arms. You never hear this much hate towards rubber on the Batman threads. Its all UN-founded fear based on some minor mishaps here and there.

That's an odd comment, considering in this thread there's not much more than some concern over the rubber, while in Batman threads tempers have been lost over rubber discussions.

That's an odd comment, considering in this thread there's not much more than some concern over the rubber, while in Batman threads tempers have been lost over rubber discussions.

So the batman suits are cracking like ED 209? All I read about is more people buying the armory and people hating on Robin, maybe they are being buried? I'll have to sort through the whole mess then and try to find all these messed up batmen then.

So the batman suits are cracking like ED 209? All I read about is more people buying the armory and people hating on Robin, maybe they are being buried? I'll have to sort through the whole mess then and try to find all these messed up batmen then.

To give a quick rundown:

Generally, collectors believe they should not leave any rubber suited batmen in any extreme poses for fear of the strain leading to tears/cracks on the suit.

Specifically, due to the above, there has been extra grumbling over the Arkham Batman suit because of this. Plus, cosmetic issues with it.

Also, there was the great DX02 rubber leaking controversy, the DX09 potential for leaking (though it appears to have been an isolated incident), the Comedian's rubber parts quite literally melting away.

All of these discussions turned quite nasty at times, I mean becoming mortal enemies type nastiness, quite the opposite of our civil discussion here.

To give a quick rundown:

Generally, collectors believe they should not leave any rubber suited batmen in any extreme poses for fear of the strain leading to tears/cracks on the suit.

Specifically, due to the above, there has been extra grumbling over the Arkham Batman suit because of this. Plus, cosmetic issues with it.

Also, there was the great DX02 rubber leaking controversy, the DX09 potential for leaking (though it appears to have been an isolated incident), the Comedian's rubber parts quite literally melting away.

All of these discussions turned quite nasty at times, I mean becoming mortal enemies type nastiness, quite the opposite of our civil discussion here.

The crazy thing with the exception of ED 209 are all old incidents and people are scared over that but I still see activity on the Batman Armory thread with mostly positive responses.

Back