John Matrix arms: which would you prefer?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which arms would you prefer on the John Matrix figure?

• Rubber, as seen in the proto pics

Votes: 28 34.6%
  • Single jointed, similar to MMS136, 117, Bane

Votes: 33 40.7%
  • Double jointed, similar to DX10, 13, MMS238

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other, please specify in the comments

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
Same as the DX12, its a fabric suit with armor pieces glued on it.

:slap Damn I'm outa here please show me the door, :lol All I can say on the subject is this then; the 2 figures I owned that had rubber never gave me problems (dutch and BB batman) I just recently went over to statues and found the Dutch thread and no one reported breaks or cracks but switched bodies anyways, as for batman I don't think many bought him but bought the SS con exclusive instead, but haven't read any problems with that.

Depends on how it ended up.

- If the rubber arms were like DX 09 Keaton Batman, Hulk, Original Costume Batman, Hell Boy etc. I'd be fine with rubber arms. They haven't proven to be a problem. As much as I don't like rubber, aesthetically it does look better and more realistic. If it's a situation like ED-209 #1, DX 02 Batman, the Comedian, the Mars Attacks Martians, ED-209 #2, etc. however, then forget it.

- Single jointed, I don't mind. I never had any problems with the MMS 117 and Tech Noir Arnold figures (even though I would have preferred double joints so I could pose the shot gun over the shoulder). They were fine. The thing that was nice about them was that they weren't distracting, had movement and were free of any QC concerns.

- Double jointed? I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy that extra amount of movement in the arms. Sure, it looks pretty awful when the figure has bare arms, but the movement and realism you get for posing is unsurpassed.

Each have their pros and cons. If there was a guarantee that there wouldn't be a problem with rubber arms, rubber would be the most realistic option. Perfect if you don't plan on any extreme poses and are fine with a museum style stance. Single jointed elbows are the happy middle ground between aesthetics and movement. Double jointed is great for fully clothed figures and maximum movement.

I dunno

I used a Dx13 body on my custom a) because the dx13 head fitted b) you could get more poses and more specifically THE POSE with the double joints and the camo paint disguises the joint to a large extent. Having said that, rubber arms do look better for an arms down look.

The crazy thing with the exception of ED 209 are all old incidents and people are scared over that but I still see activity on the Batman Armory thread with mostly positive responses.

Yes i agree, the rerelease of ED209 has already been few months old and not worth discussing as HT probably has come up with new rubber formula that solves the issue.

Clearly the poll has run it's course, and I gotta say I wasn't expecting much support for the rubber arms, but seeing a fair share of you prefer them and the fact that there have been no reported problems with the Dutch figure (that I know of), I feel more confident in them and I look forward to giving them a chance.

I don't care if there are rubber arms or not, just make the shoulder area/arms accurate to film
Too skinny atm

Back