Action Figure Which armor color for Raiden would you have preferred from Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which armor color for Raiden would you have preferred from Hot Toys?

• Total voters

Solidus

Super Freak
Reaction score
Are you happy with the Inferno armor for Raiden that was recently announced from Hot Toys? Or, would you have preferred another color scheme? I'm just curious to see where people stand on this.

Place your votes! Of course, votes in this poll don't count for anything.

Desperado Armor:
MGR-CustomCyborgBodyDesperado.png

Blue Armor:
MGR-CustomCyborgBodyBlue.png

Red Armor:
MGR-CustomCyborgBodyRed.png

Yellow Armor:
MGR-CustomCyborgBodyYellow.png

White Armor:
MGR-WhiteArmor.png

Inferno Armor:
MGR-InfernoArmor.png

Commando Armor:
MGR-CommandoArmor.png

And my personal favorite - Jack the Ripper (not technically an Armor, but it's basically just a translucent red hue that covers Raiden's entire body):

sHnIu5g.gif

Jack the Ripper for me but I don't know how they would have done it. White would definitely be my second choice.

Not sure how they would've done it... can't imagine it'd look that great if it was painted.

Neither. I'd like to see the prologue Raiden with the MGS4 suit and HT could give us 2 headsculpts to go with it.

White was my personal favourite alternate skin from the game. That said, I think Hot Toys did a pretty fantastic job with the Inferno exclusive, it really pops in a way the game version just doesn't. There's no guarantee a white version would have turned out as well because it's such a nightmarish colour to work with on collectibles.

The real question is, seeing as this figure's been far more popular in Asia than anyone, probably including Hot Toys, was expecting - will we see more Metal Gear Rising characters made into figures? I'd let Howard zandatsu my left arm if HT announced a Jetstream Sam figure...

RQ80Ker.gif

White, it's generally a given alternate color for the MGR Raiden figures and looks really great on display, especially as a contrast, though Jack the Ripper looks so badass.

I'd prefer actual action figure made of hard materials and with a decent set of accessories, thank you very much.

As somebody that actually buys the figures of the threads they post in, i can say i would instantly buy the white version. No doubt, its the one i play with most in the game. And id love the look of the White figure using Murasama for a white-red look. Its just appealing visually to me.

But i am also half tempted to get the inferno Raiden. I have a great fondnes for the character in general and Revengeance is an awesome game. The price of a 2nd figure is putting me off though. I didnt care about the first Raiden. It was a must buy. Inferno is optional, but still super nice.

As somebody that actually buys the figures of the threads they post in

What's that supposed to mean?

i can say i would instantly buy the white version. No doubt, its the one i play with most in the game. And id love the look of the White figure using Murasama for a white-red look. Its just appealing visually to me.

But i am also half tempted to get the inferno Raiden. I have a great fondnes for the character in general and Revengeance is an awesome game. The price of a 2nd figure is putting me off though. I didnt care about the first Raiden. It was a must buy. Inferno is optional, but still super nice.

I was a bit interested in Inferno Raiden figure because of the visor with the digital readout, that's missing on the regular figure. But, I can't justify spending $300 for the exact same figure, with a color scheme that I never used in-game.

Aside from the "Jack the Ripper" version, I'd also go with the white color as my favorite.

White was my personal favourite alternate skin from the game. That said, I think Hot Toys did a pretty fantastic job with the Inferno exclusive, it really pops in a way the game version just doesn't. There's no guarantee a white version would have turned out as well because it's such a nightmarish colour to work with on collectibles.

The real question is, seeing as this figure's been far more popular in Asia than anyone, probably including Hot Toys, was expecting - will we see more Metal Gear Rising characters made into figures? I'd let Howard zandatsu my left arm if HT announced a Jetstream Sam figure...

RQ80Ker.gif

Well, PAK did a great job with their white Raiden figure, I'm sure it wouldn't have been that hard for Hot Toys :lol.

I'd really like Sam, too. Blade Wolf as well.

They did a great job with MGR Raiden, period. :lecture I still kinda want a White Raiden but I can't pull the trigger for some reason...

What's that supposed to mean?
Theres a trend of people racking up huge post counts in various threads of figures they have no intention of buying. Saying whats right, whats wrong, being very opinionated but not actually parting with any money. These opinions to me are the equivalent of asking the pope what his favourite brand of condom is. Its all completely theoretical.

As somebody thats already committed $400 to the first Raiden and seriously considering inferno i like to make the distinction between i and somebody that doesnt intend to buy any of them. My opinion is potentially worth $800 more than somebody who just likes to pop in the thread, vote then vanish.

Theres a trend of people racking up huge post counts in various threads of figures they have no intention of buying. Saying whats right, whats wrong, being very opinionated but not actually parting with any money. These opinions to me are the equivalent of asking the pope what his favourite brand of condom is. Its all completely theoretical.

As somebody thats already committed $400 to the first Raiden and seriously considering inferno i like to make the distinction between i and somebody that doesnt intend to buy any of them. My opinion is potentially worth $800 more than somebody who just likes to pop in the thread, vote then vanish.

Is that directed at me or any of the other regulars in the VG section? If you could elaborate on who you're talking about, that'd be great.

Is that directed at me or any of the other regulars in the VG section? If you could elaborate on who you're talking about, that'd be great.

Not at you, you didnt cross my mind when i was thinking about it. I wont name drop anybody. Im just sick of back-seat buyers. The ones who shout their opinions from the roof tops but dont put their hands in their pockets.

Back