John Matrix arms: which would you prefer?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which arms would you prefer on the John Matrix figure?

• Rubber, as seen in the proto pics

Votes: 28 34.6%
  • Single jointed, similar to MMS136, 117, Bane

Votes: 33 40.7%
  • Double jointed, similar to DX10, 13, MMS238

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other, please specify in the comments

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

BadMuthaDude

Stuff n Thangs
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm interested to see what everyone's preferences are regarding the John Matrix figure's arms. Do you like them as they are or are you concerned about the problems associated with rubber joints? If you could change it, what would you prefer? Single or double-jointed?

For reference, here is a photo of double-jointed Arnold arms on the left and single-jointed Arnold arms on the right. I believe the photo belongs to a-dev.

I think I'd go with single-jointed here. For one, it's less joints to harm the realism and it would probably have about the same (if not more) range of motion you'd get out of the rubber arms. Well placed war paint will make the joint less noticeable too. I think double jointed is a bit much for a figure that always has it's arms exposed. Though the range of motion would be superior, I get that people also want the realism so single-jointed provides just the right balance: realism without the rubber concerns.

I dunno why they didn't go single jointed. The camouflage paint would hide any joints. Meh. I'm happy they made him. Finally. I remember this poll came out .... a couple years ago?

double. the pose with him holding machine gun in promo pics looks so unnatural imo.

Single jointed. It's a good balance between looks and function. We all know what happens to HT rubber so that should never be a option:monkey4

If the PVC they used on Hulk's arms is better and won't do the splitting, then I'm all for rubber and having it double jointed or whatever is best for the best articulation inside the rubber arms. I have a rubber body that's seamless for the shoulders too on a Rome figure, but it's not the best articulation - if only there was a way to encase the whole body so no joints showed without the danger of rubber ripping or loss of articulation, but I guess that's just a pipe-dream for this generation of toys... maybe in the future they'll have something more flexible and rugged to be able to make these out of.

ill be posing him with his arms down anyway like this

commando.jpg

so it doesn't bother me if his arms are rubber, single or double jointed to be honest

I voted for the single joint, I think with the camo paint it will hide the joint pretty nicely, that said, just glad to see this happening, I'll take what I can get, this is my most wanted figure ever:)

I voted for the single joint, I think with the camo paint it will hide the joint pretty nicely, that said, just glad to see this happening, I'll take what I can get, this is my most wanted figure ever:)

Agreed buddy. Rubber arms just are not friendly to pose; not worth the gamble on elbows cracking.

Back