Action Figure Which armor color for Raiden would you have preferred from Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which armor color for Raiden would you have preferred from Hot Toys?

• Total voters
amen kiva. also for the guy that said the white raidens paint wouldnt translate well, or whatever, the gecco statues paint for the white version is phenominal. im going to lay the launcher on the ground and prop the gun up, the way they pack them out the gun HAS to come off. if the hand is connected to it i will gently pry it out. im getting a sword to fit in there.

Not at you, you didnt cross my mind when i was thinking about it. I wont name drop anybody. Im just sick of back-seat buyers. The ones who shout their opinions from the roof tops but dont put their hands in their pockets.

Oh, alright man :duff. Yeah, it's like that with every HT figure thread. The worst one I've seen was the Batman: Arkham City thread in the DC section. Loads of people who had no interest in the game, just showed up to tear the figure apart at every chance. It's got some inaccuracies, but it isn't as bad as the backseat thread participants made it out to be. I got it a few weeks ago, and I absolutely loved it.

As for Raiden, both figures already look fantastic. From the photos, there are some minor nitpicks with the hair-color, sword length, and non-articulated elbows. But, we won't ever see a Raiden of this caliber from another company. I can't wait to get him in hand to take a few photos with Medi RAH Raiden.

Given that the first sold well enough to do a variant I hope we get this...

Ninja_Raiden.jpg

Oh, alright man :duff. Yeah, it's like that with every HT figure thread. The worst one I've seen was the Batman: Arkham City thread in the DC section. Loads of people who had no interest in the game, just showed up to tear the figure apart at every chance. It's got some inaccuracies, but it isn't as bad as the backseat thread participants made it out to be. I got it a few weeks ago, and I absolutely loved it.

As for Raiden, both figures already look fantastic. From the photos, there are some minor nitpicks with the hair-color, sword length, and non-articulated elbows. But, we won't ever see a Raiden of this caliber from another company. I can't wait to get him in hand to take a few photos with Medi RAH Raiden.
The noobs who rip it apart are so self entitled, it's pathetic. And people even try to compare it to the Batman Returns Keaton! Total BS, both are completely different figures from completely different universes. The worst part is despite the negativity, some fools still defend the move...I still need the VGM at some point, not sure when I'll ever get it.

People are comparing this too the Michael Keaton figure? :lol

That has to be the worst head sculpt Hot Toys has ever produced.

The noobs who rip it apart are so self entitled, it's pathetic. And people even try to compare it to the Batman Returns Keaton! Total BS, both are completely different figures from completely different universes. The worst part is despite the negativity, some fools still defend the move...I still need the VGM at some point, not sure when I'll ever get it.

I did more than my fair share of backseat posting in the Iron Man Diecast Mk III thread, but then again I was planning to pick that up from Asia at some point - at least until all the gory details of what they'd left out vs the other Diecast figures came to light. Took the cash I'd earmarked for that and preordered Inferno Raiden instead.

People are comparing this too the Michael Keaton figure? :lol

That has to be the worst head sculpt Hot Toys has ever produced.
No the VGM Arkham City Batman
I did more than my fair share of backseat posting in the Iron Man Diecast Mk III thread, but then again I was planning to pick that up from Asia at some point - at least until all the gory details of what they'd left out vs the other Diecast figures came to light. Took the cash I'd earmarked for that and preordered Inferno Raiden instead.
What do you mean? I'm curious now about the Diecast Mark III since I was considering it myself.

What do you mean? I'm curious now about the Diecast Mark III since I was considering it myself.

You know all those great features the Diecast figures have like crazy torso articulation, extendable shoulders that can cross the body, diecast metal, etc?

Yeah, it's got none of those apparently. All the diecast's in the thighs and shins (plus the gold bit on the biceps), no torso articulation (not even a waist swivel) and no extending shoulders. Unless you futz the shoulder pads there's huge gaps between the body and the arms.

But you get a non-diecast Lego brick you can swap into the torso if you want it leaning to the left. Apparently Mk III's not an ambiturner.

In short:

Wow. Bummer. I saw some of the poses the diecast armors could do, and it was pretty awesome. I thought people were blowing their anticipated lack of articulation out of proportion with the torso having that removable piece, but man..

Maybe I'll just try to find either the original Mark III or the Battle Damaged one, the latter has had some serious price drops over the past year.

Back