Media What's the best Metal Gear game? (May Contain Spoilers!!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one is the best in your opinion?

• Metal Gear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You'd figure a larger environment would be more alive. That's not the case. Look at Arkham City compared to Arkham Asylum, that world was so large, and yet felt more alive. Sure, both could feel just as lifeless, but they're prisons for the insane. It's meant to be that way.

1/ MGS3 (Subsistence Ver preferably)
MGS3 has the best balance between gameplay, pacing and story in the series.

2/ MGS TPP
Best gameplay in the series, and the most addictive of all (Spent more than 100 hous and still playing! :horror).. Story and pacing is disappointing however..

3/MGS1
Just one world; Nostalgia

Edit: My first MG was Metal gear 2 Solid Snake btw

Last edited:
The original ps one game it was like playing a movie

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

MGS3 is great and all, but it annoys me that most of the fan base seems to have started with that game... and Piss Twerker.

MGS3 is great and all, but it annoys me that most of the fan base seems to have started with that game... and Piss Twerker.
Like I said, great game, terrible legacy, and brought in many fans with mixed results :lecture It is the RE4 of MGS, though for relatively different reasons.

that said I may be the reason why MGS 3 is leading the pack :monkey3

Like I said, great game, terrible legacy, and brought in many fans with mixed results :lecture It is the RE4 of MGS, though for relatively different reasons.

that said I may be the reason why MGS 3 is leading the pack :monkey3

I think you're onto something.

A lot of FB comments are "it's open world, how can it not be good!?!?"

Because, it isn't :lol

Set pieces... well thought out, interesting set pieces is what made the game great. It might be the one game of the series, I didn't stop... not a once... to look around and and really look under tables, and ceilings etc. I just didn't care. While MGS2-3 have so much personality crammed in areas.

Open world does not equal a flawless game. Ubisoft did that with Prince of Persia 2008 in light of Assassin's Creed. That game's worlds were pretty devoid of life and personality, and I get why, but wow, it was ****ing boring.

The only sandbox game, that holds life in it is GTAV... although it does have quite of bit of boredom in it after awhile.

Yea, it's inevitable. Arkham Knight's sandbox became dull quick for me. But it lasted MUCH longer than TPP.

Oh yeah, I had a good time with Arkham Knight's sand box, and I'm probably going to revisit it to get 100% in the game, along with Riddler stuff.

I doubt MGS V will beat out AK to me.

That said Ryan, now I'm really tempted to get out there and play MGS V. Thanks a lot :lol

Back