What movie everybody else loves but you hate?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The movies eveyone likes but you don't care for.

New thread.
I am going to get sooo beat up for this, but I've mentioned a few times that there are movies that a lot love on this forum, but I have a tremendous dislike for. I don't say hate, because a lot of these movies I don't care for:

Buffalo 66
Aliens
Terminators 1 and 2
BTTF
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Batman Begins
I'm sure I'll think of more to piss you guys off.

actually that's another one that makes me scratch my head, Citizen Cane is considered by many the best movie ever made, ever, in the history of film, The movie is okay, don't get me wrong. But, I didn't like it, it was so bland to me, i get whats important about it, its certainly not the best movie ever made in history...

Wow! Citizen Kane is considered the greatest film ever made because it changed the language of cinema with it's cinematography, camera tricks and editing. It created new depths in cinematic symbolism. The story is rather pedestrian, but the look is amazing.

Re: The movies eveyone likes but you don't care for.

too many to count. Technically every movie you watch but you don't want to buy or anything becomes part of this list. might be hundreds.

Wow! Citizen Kane is considered the greatest film ever made because it changed the language of cinema with it's cinematography, camera tricks and editing. It created new depths in cinematic symbolism. The story is rather pedestrian, but the look is amazing.

yeah I know it is important but it just does nothing for me.

Scarface. The plot wasn't awful ... the clothes, crap 80s music montages, and Pacino's rough Ricky Ricardo imitation just did it in.

Top Gun. Homoerotic chick flick dressed up as a guys-guy movie.

Napoleon Dynamite. I don't get it. At all.

Rocky Horror Picture Show. I don't understand how anybody thinks this fruitcake freakshow is watchable. The sheer number of people that seem to actually like this movie is inexplicable.

Taxi Driver. Overrated. I expected Travis Bickle to be a more compelling psychotic than he was. Lecter, Bateman, Joker and Chigurh put him away.

Avatar. A spectacularly rendered turd.

The Big Lebowski. "Hate" is too strong a word. It had funny moments, "The Dude" is funny enough, and I can watch it from time-to-time ... but, as much as people rave about it, it wasn't nearly as legendary as I anticipated.

Anything with that dipstick from Borat. What an ***.

War of the Roses. I remember people thinking this was funny. Finally watched it last year. Intolerable.

I'm sure I'll think of others.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Scarface. The plot wasn't awful ... the clothes, crap 80s music montages, and Pacino's rough Ricky Ricardo imitation just did it in.

Top Gun. Homoerotic chick flick dressed up as a guys-guy movie.

Rocky Horror Picture Show. I don't understand how anybody thinks this fruitcake freakshow is watchable. The sheer number of people that seem to actually like this movie is inexplicable.

Taxi Driver. Overrated. I expected Travis Bickle to be a more compelling psychotic than he was. Lecter, Bateman, Joker and Chigurh put him away.

Avatar. A spectacularly rendered turd.

The Big Lebowski. "Hate" is too strong a word. It had funny moments, "The Dude" is funny enough, and I can watch it from time-to-time ... but, as much as people rave about it, it wasn't nearly as legendary as I anticipated.

Anything with that dipstick from Borat. What an ***.

War of the Roses. I remember people thinking this was funny. Finally watched it last year. Intolerable.

I'm sure I'll think of others.

SnakeDoc

wow, Is like someone wrote all the movies I don't like either :horror

the live performances of Rocky Horror picture show are fun. I don't even know if people truly like the movie or they like the live performance theaters put on. I can't stand the movie but when they did the performance at Universal it was funny.

the music is really catchy too. I actually like the music but not the movie

I tried watching The Big Lebowski couple of times but I can't finish it. I just never finish it. (I don't think I Want to either)

I was unlucky to watch War of the Roses when I was a child...:gah: I wish I could erase some scenes from my memory :lol

wow, Is like someone wrote all the movies I don't like either :horror

the live performances of Rocky Horror picture show are fun. I don't even know if people truly like the movie or they like the live performance theaters put on. I can't stand the movie but when they did the performance at Universal it was funny.

the music is really catchy too. I actually like the music but not the movie

I tried watching The Big Lebowski couple of times but I can't finish it. I just never finish it. (I don't think I Want to either)

I was unlucky to watch War of the Roses when I was a child...:gah: I wish I could erase some scenes from my memory :lol

I watched RHPS once. Mostly. I don't think I'd be able to sit through a live performance. RHPS is one of the few things on this planet less tolerable than an episode of Dance Moms. I'd rather be waterboarded.

I couldn't tell if the chandelier death at the end of War of the Roses was supposed to be comedy, tragedy or justice ... but I was glad they were dead. Just an altogether excruciating movie. Not a single likeable character in the whole shebang.

SnakeDoc

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Kate Winslet and Jim Carrey. Didn't believe for a second their emotional connection, so the whole premise was completely shot for me.

I work with a bunch of people who reckon Gondry is the duck's nuts. They cannot fathom my lack of like for this movie.

Overrated movies that seemingly everyone loves but me:

Dogma

Titanic

All Harry Potter

That recent "zombie" flick with Woody Harrelson and a couple of troublemaking, doublecrossing chicks in it, that ends up in an amusement park. *snoooze*

Shawn of the Dead

Dirty Dancing. This is supposed to be great, why?!!!

The Matrix

Anything with Bruce Willis in it

I'm looking forward to putting World War Z on this, only I have a feeling that will be one that EVERYone hates, not just me. Butchering original concepts for the win!

Somebody: Terminators 1 and 2..... Aliens

For real??!!! LOL! Now hating installment three I can get behind, but one and two?? And someone out there hates Aliens!???? Takes all kinds I guess.

Aliens
Terminators 1 and 2
BTTF
Batman Begins

c23e7ae0d2059623807158ad74f34de8.jpg

Buffalo 66
Aliens
Terminators 1 and 2
BTTF
Batman Begins

Overrated movies that seemingly everyone loves but me:

Dogma

Titanic

All Harry Potter

That recent "zombie" flick with Woody Harrelson and a couple of troublemaking, doublecrossing chicks in it, that ends up in an amusement park. *snoooze*

Shawn of the Dead

Dirty Dancing. This is supposed to be great, why?!!!

The Matrix

Anything with Bruce Willis in it

I'm looking forward to putting World War Z on this, only I have a feeling that will be one that EVERYone hates, not just me. Butchering original concepts for the win!

For real??!!! LOL! Now hating installment three I can get behind, but one and two?? And someone out there hates Aliens!???? Takes all kinds I guess.

K96dG.jpg

Back