WGP's Classic Battlestar Galactica thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is really impressive!! Way better than the first version. I wish I would have waited to buy this one instead

Funny thing is that THIS one is the first version. They swapped to a smirking version because a few folks asked for it. I had already prepaid, and there was no certainty they'd be making another, so I was locked into something that others decided they wanted. :(

Funny thing is that THIS one is the first version. They swapped to a smirking version because a few folks asked for it. I had already prepaid, and there was no certainty they'd be making another, so I was locked into something that others decided they wanted. :(

Actually, the original artist of the 2012 heads kept changing and making modifications to both the original Starbuck and Apollo (face and hair) without our asking for him too, so what we ended up getting was a different sculpt and hair that was not the one we asked for, not the first ones we approved and showed.

And here we are in 2014 and we are doing V.2's. Thank god, because I really had to fight for it and even I wasn't sure I could get it to happen, and I am a partner and founder of the studio. This is actually not the same head originally shown years ago. Sean had to go into the smiling one and make him serious and modded the hair to long 70's hair so more work had to be done on it. If I could tell the future, I would have not bought 20 Tatooine Lukes from Hasbro knowing a better 21st would be coming out. Instead of looking at the negative, look at this as a chance to populate the Galactica universe one more time by people that love it and get the best looking Galactica set possible. The past can't be changed. The future can.

Whatever. Thats not what was said during the sculpts "process". And now what was originally offered isn't available with a neck like the first versions. And not everyone can afford to keep buying what should have been in the first place.

Re: WGP's Classic Battlestar Galactica thread 2013

Here is the first of our 2014 relaunch heads! First up, Serious Starbuck!

STARBUCK 2014-SERIOUS NEXUS' custom SB, Painted by Steve Giunta, (available for commissions).
Available for order now. $60 plus shipping.

The face is equal in scale with the Majestic/Amok Time heads, though the hair is more accurate 70's and much larger.

The master with other heads for sizing. The head here is not as low as it was finally made, as shown above.

Whatever. Thats not what was said during the sculpts "process". And now what was originally offered isn't available with a neck like the first versions. And not everyone can afford to keep buying what should have been in the first place.

I'm with you there buddy, we messed up at the start, but we should have just stuck with that and made money where we could - instead we have spent far too much money in producing this licence (employing different sculptors, changing necked to no neck, spending - I don't want to even think about how much - money on prints and reprints and reprints, wasted molds and casts, and painters - all because he wanted it to 'looked better' - if it was up to me I would have scrapped this project a LONG time ago! Blame Rick/WST for insisting with this project!

Last edited:
What ever happened to the replacement heads we were supposed to get for those that ordered the first installment and received the heads that were not proportioned correctly?

What ever happened to the replacement heads we were supposed to get for those that ordered the first installment and received the heads that were not proportioned correctly?

Hi Steveo!

We have not printed the replacement sized heads yet, simply because we don't have the money and there is not much interest in them period. (prepping, printing, cleaning and molding costs hundreds, so I am not going to spend this much just to give away some heads and have nothing in return!)

However, despite my better judgement we WILL be printing the heads at an alternate size and WST has twisted my arm into giving those of you who bought the first sized heads a large discount on the resized heads (50% off) Expect this to happen soon now that the regular starbuck has been completed

I'm with you there buddy, we messed up at the start, but we should have just stuck with that and made money where we could - instead we have spent far too much money in producing this licence (employing different sculptors, changing necked to no neck, spending - I don't want to even think about how much - money on prints and reprints and reprints, wasted molds and casts, and painters - all because he wanted it to 'looked better' - if it was up to me I would have scrapped this project a LONG time ago! Blame Rick/WST for insisting with this project!

I'm not saying that scrapping the project was the answer. Swapping the expression on those that prepaid certainly wasn't either. I know that BSG is a passion project for Rick, and I can appreciate that. But going from prepaying for the first 2 WGP offerings, the expression switch, and the wrong sizing has all but turned me off from it. And I was looking to complete the entire crew!
All that said, it seems that WGP's biggest problem is sizing. These needed it. Flash needed it, Kirk needed it. I've never seen such a need for it. Its almost like you've got Ada Chan doing them for you.

It's really not uncommon in digital printing to need to resize at least once. I say this because our other friends on the forum who digital print often have the same issues. The difference between us now and three years ago is that now we know to expect it and offer heads later in the process now.

Might be time to consider traditional sculpting.

Well with traditional sculpting if you get the size wrong you're just out of luck, as seen with with an Ada Chan head, and the sculpt is worthless. Where-as digitally sculpted you can not only fix the size, as we have done, we could even reprint the same sculpture in multiple scales if we wanted. So I am not sure I follow your actual logic. It seems extremely short sighted.

Anyways, feel free to debate with Sean in E-mails to your hearts content about that if you'd really like to do, off the thread. I'd really like to use our Galactica thread for trying to actually show off the sculpts and maybe get the classic line rejuvenated, which I am sure you would to. If not for you, then for others. Thank you in advance for your consideration! :hi5:

Last edited:

STARBUCK 2014-SERIOUS NEXUS' custom SB, Painted by Steve Giunta, (available for commissions).

[/QUOTE]

The face is equal in scale with the Majestic/Amok Time heads, though the hair is more accurate 70's and much larger.

The master with other heads for sizing. The head here is not as low as it was finally made, as shown above.

Well with traditional sculpting if you get the size wrong you're just out of luck, as seen with with an Ada Chan head, and the sculpt is worthless. Where-as digitally sculpted you can not only fix the size, as we have done, we could even reprint the same sculpture in multiple scales if we wanted. So I am not sure I follow your actual logic. It seems extremely short sighted.
Using Ada as an example isn't really accurate as she is overly well known for her sizing issues. Apparently having the ability to adjust and reprint sizes is a costly measure.
Actually, other than Ada, I've never seen anyone with so many sizing issues. I have a friend who sculpts by hand, and has done probably over 40 heads, each available with or without neck, never a size problem and a finished sculpt takes 2-3 weeks.
Its not shortsighted to want something the right size, right expression and in a reasonable time. This Starbuck is out now, but when was the original start date? Can't expressions be changed in the computer image and then printed? Would seem to make for quick/easy changes. If handsculpting you can sculpt the one head then change it into a variety of expressions without losing that core sculpt or costing a whole reprinting.

Back