WGP's Classic Battlestar Galactica thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's Classic Battlestar Galactica thread (head size question)

Since I don't own any Dragon/Majestic figs. I have no idea of the scale differences or quality. If the head sizes are different I'm assuming either the scales or proportions are different. Are we talking a 5% difference in size between the two? 10%? If the size is nominal, say 1%, and the difference is not readily visible then maybe it's not a huge deal and I would defer to the popular vote. My goal is to get the best looking pieces possible if I'm going to invest in a line, and scale and consistency is one of those determining factors. As mentioned above there are also other body types to consider (I have no idea how interchangeable these are), so you don't want to paint yourself in a corner.

Regarding Athena, the Viper uniform looks great on her. I was never that crazy about Cassiopeia. Would be nice to see Sheba with a Pegasus helmet.

Regarding Athena, the Viper uniform looks great on her. I was never that crazy about Cassiopeia. Would be nice to see Sheba with a Pegasus helmet.

I personally get more excited over the warriors and less over the bridge crew or personnel for the heroes. That's not to say we wouldn't make Adama, Tigh or Casseopia for everybody else, but it's why we have the warriors first.

Could some one else better explain the size difference between HT, Sideshow, and Dragon, and if they are kind enough to point to a thread picturte somewhere that would be greatly appreciated. As my stuff isn't with me, I couldn't accurately eplain how much of a difference there is between the three other than all are 1:6, Sideshow is largest and less articulated. Dragon I think is a 1/2" smaller than Sideshows? And HT is a bit smaller, where a Dragon head on a HT body usually looks too large, but HT holds posed a bit better.

I want a cylon and more importantly a Muffit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want a cylon and more importantly a Muffit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both could happen if enough people want them.

I was thinking of a WGP 1:1 Cylon head prop with working eye. How cool would that be??? :)

Yes it is.
There was another thread on one of the forums with a list and photo comparisons but I can't seem to find the link.

Yes it is.
There was another thread on one of the forums with a list and photo comparisons but I can't seem to find the link.

I can never find them either. I really need to bookmark those when I see them! (laugh)

I had it favorited, but when my computer crashed i lost those and haven't been able to recoup them all yet.
Still searching.....

Still no photos of the actual heads? I'm getting worried here.

Still no photos of the actual heads? I'm getting worried here.

No worries. We just want them to look good. I think I mentioned we printed about 15 things at once and sanding printed things so you don't lose detail is just a time consuming thing with so many of them at once, plus Sean who's doing it is a full time sculptor as his day job (Catwoman model) and and has been finishing up his Supernatural heads here for the board well. He sanded the Trek heads first, then the Doctor Who ones, and the Galactica ones should be the forum heads he sands next.

Just to show, here are some pictures of Chu's final revision before it was sent off with the face texture detailing added on. We'll show pics when they are done.
-Rick :)

SBfinale.jpg

apollofinal2.jpg

Last edited:

Those are remarkable likenesses.

Thank you, Sir!
colonial-salute.gif
Chu did a phenominal job! I apologize how Galactica has been slow going, and seeing how it is the dream projects I am most excited about it has been a painful wait for me as well.

I'm gonna scream when our uniforms get done if my Cylons are still in storage in another state! (laugh). :panic:

Excuse me for shouting but THOSE ARE AWESOME!!! Thanks for adding the skin texture; I'm very interested to see how it works on the printed head. Stupid student loans and electricity bills and other such unimportant items mean I can't buy everything I want, but there is no way I'm not getting these. Ditto on the Supernatural heads that are also rocking my world right now.

Oh, and by the way, if you are still soliciting head size, I vote for Hot Toys. :nana:

What's the word on these? There's so many new sculpts going on, but not enough finished product. I wouldn't be such a problem if I hadn't paid already for these two heads specifically. :)

Yep noticed a lack of product myself, trends reminiscent of someone else . . lots of projects . . . . . just saying . . it needs to be watched

Yep noticed a lack of product myself, trends reminiscent of someone else . . lots of projects . . . . . just saying . . it needs to be watched

I have no affiliation with WGP and I find that comparison insulting1
There have been constant updates in almost every sculpt thread.
I would rather they take time and get each sculpt right than rush it and not want to get any others from them.

Apologies if Ive offended WGP but when I see comments like Ive paid upfront . . . and I see lots of threads for projects . . . it needs monitoring after all he who shall not be named "did great things terrible, yes, but great" Im all for fantastic results myself take as long as required, but gone are the days of parting with numerous £30's for 18 months while work, life and things get "on top of people" till they have a melt down and I see no refund or work for nearly two years. Im happy to see updates and sculpts getting better and better . . with my £30 in my sky rocket not someone else's that's fine with me

Last edited:
Back