WGP's Classic Battlestar Galactica thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's Classic Battlestar Galactica thread (uniform update)

I need to ask you guys what size most of you would prefer to the BSG heads to be in. The original plan was Dragon size to replace the Majestic heads, and we can still do that, but since WHP is making costumes, would the people buying those prefer HT size? Let me know and if so we will make both sizes if enough people prefer.

Re: WGP's Classic Battlestar Galactica thread (head size question)

I'd prefer Dragon sized head sculpts myself. I have the Apollo and Starbuck BSG figures by Majestic. So I'd want to keep the outfits, and replace the head sculpts. Thanks! :wave

Hot Toys since I'm starting from scratch, but what is the difference? Are you still doing the outfits?

Hot Toys since I'm starting from scratch, but what is the difference? Are you still doing the outfits?

The outfits are part of the size equasion. If everyone mostly wants Dragon size heads, the outfits will be made for a Dragon size, so it helps to know what size they want and if they even want outfits, otherwise I would prefer to make the outfits Hot Toys size.

I can always make heads both scales if need be. It just helps with our personal planning.

Not familiar with Dragon size. How does it differ from HT? Is it still 1:6? If you do the females which bodies will they go on? Any more updates on Boomer?

HT sized for me. But I hate to ask a dumb question - aren't these already printed? So that would mean they are already a specific size, right?

HT sized for me. But I hate to ask a dumb question - aren't these already printed? So that would mean they are already a specific size, right?

They have been printed at Dragon size, but this question really goes with what size we tailor the clothes for, because some people are buying them just for replacement heads and don't care about the costumes, and we can always repreint the sizes at the smaller HT size if needed if enough people wanted them on HT bodies.

Like the alien said to the farmer, I'm just probing (laugh).

It would probably be a lot simpler (for me) just to keep everything Dragon scale, which I think I will.

I am waiting for Boomers third pass, so he's coming! :)

Did a Google search and found out the info. I'd still prefer Hot Toys if costumes are going to be made, and especially if one or two of the females also join the ranks. I guess Dragon/Majestic is a little bigger than HT?

How close are we to getting the Apollo and Starbuck? Or even seeing photos of the heads? I'm getting antsy.

I would prefer Hot Toys size if possible

The Majestic outfits always seemed a little large to me any way. So wouldn't it be better to put them on HT TT bodies? Just my thoughts.

I'm a little confused -- aren't the Majestic bodies Sideshow buck clones?

(That's actually a rhetorical question. I know they are with the only difference being the way the hand and forearm is sculpted. I have a loose nude that I can't give away.)

So I guess I don't quite understand what Dragon has to do with the sizing question???

I'm a little confused -- aren't the Majestic bodies Sideshow buck clones?

(That's actually a rhetorical question. I know they are with the only difference being the way the hand and forearm is sculpted. I have a loose nude that I can't give away.)

So I guess I don't quite understand what Dragon has to do with the sizing question???

Silence. Shifts uncomfortably in chair. Curses all that all of his 1:6 stuff is still in another state after moving and...

FRAK! :gah:

Thanks Duck!

Alright, still not a problem. Here's my train of thought, and people please pipe in.

I know many people just want Majestic replacement heads and don't necessarily care about the new WGP uniforms. So that's faction one we need to make sure are taken care of.

I personally want my Galactica figs on better bodies if I am making costumes and heads. Even Dragon bodies are fine for me. They don't need to be Hot Toys.

Now, WGP can make the same head at multiple sizes to cater to everyone... if the demand is there (because printing heads is expensive). For Starbuck and Apollo, the interest is high enough on them I could do different sized heads.

But as we move on from the two main characters, I foresee us being lucky to even get near 16 people for other characters to get them made, so they would not warrant two sized heads. So I am really thinking ahead to what would work best universally for the line.

So let me throw out there to people who have tried this, how do the Majestic uniforms look on a Dragon body? That way you can still use your existing uniforms without having to buy others and won't be locked out of other future characters as the next sets of characters are made continuing that Dragon scale?

Let me hear your feedback guys!

I can understand the folks who want to simply pop a head off and replace, or who want to buy a $69 figure as opposed to paying several hundred for full custom. Personally, from a newbie perspective I'd rather buy a quality figuer from the ground up if the line is going to be prolific. Right now HT is the standard (not even sure of differences between HT and Enterbay bodies, heads and scales). So for that reason I'd prefer to go with Hot Toys, especially if finding other bodies is going to be difficult and not even certain of female counterparts. I guess my recommendation would be to do Starbuck and Apollo in both sizes and then the remainder of the line in HT scale. I'm hoping/assuming there will be Colonial Pilot male uniforms (Apollo, Starbuck, Boomer), Colonial Pilot female uniforms (Cassiopeia and Sheba) and possible white variants, and maybe a bridge crew uniform for Athena because I don't think she ever flew a Viper. Eventually I'd like to see an Adama.
I can guarantee if these are in your plans I'll be one of the 16 in for the whole shooting match.

HT is who's standard?
There are a plethora of bodies available from a number of companies. And new bodies forthcoming from Kaustic and ACI. So what will be the standard next week? Or the week after.
And, at the cost of an HT body, I could get enough Dragon bodies to equip a squadron.
Am I simply going to "pop a head off and replace"? To start with yesfor Starbuck and Apollo. But then again, I have a bunch of the Majestic BSG figures from when Tower records blew them out. I'd like the rest of the crew [which I hope will all be coming from WGP] to match those, so Dragon fits that bill.
So you see its not just a question of popping heads. Its also a matter of making the customs for the rest of the characters, and I'd prefer to use the stock of bodies I already have rather than start hunting for more expensive and sometimes harder to find alternatives that will only be covered by the uniform anyway.

bsg-tos_2.jpg

Right now it is a matter of smartly utilizing our seamstress openings to serve more characters. Athena did fly a viper when the males got sick so we've slotted her for the Colonial Warrior outfits we'll be making for Sheba and Serina (if Serina gets made). We may do a Bridge outfit for Athena later is there is enough demand. White uniforms can happen as well if there is enough demand.

Making only the first two heads Dragon size will exclude people from further heads if the others are made HT size, and like I said, I think we will have a hard enough time reaching 16 interested on other non Apollo/SB characters as it is. At least until the finished works get out and start to be known as you guys show off your stuff. :)

Without 16 people interested no one else will get made at all or we'd have to raise the price per head to account for less heads being sold just to get them produced. Boomer was made to see how one of the side-characters will go interest-wise.

The plan is to do Adama, Batlar, and Lucifer as well. The best thing to do is shout out interest for who else you want to see. Iron Man and Nexus, I know you want everything. :)

Most female figures are shorter anyways so doesn't really mess anything up when used with Dragons. Can someone clarify the height issue on various brands?

i'd be interested in a Dirk Head? thanks

Back