Statue Weta Announces Barad-Dur

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you ever consider a UPS Store in the US or something like this...

https://shiptotheborder.com/border-mail-services-champlain-ny

...and bringing it across the border yourself? Shipping would be cheaper and you would save the customs charges. If you're lucky, you might not even have to pay the taxes when crossing the border.

Hmm, that sounds like a good plan.
Wandering if weta and sideshow will accept to ship to a postal box.
And the guy at the customs will probably ask me the recipe on the statue and I'll have to pay the taxes!?
Going to read more about this but it seems like a good alternative to save $$$. Thanks for the advice btw.

I just received an email from Weta saying my Barad dur has arrived in the UK warehouse. The email said I have the confirm the purchase to clear the statue for delivery? Is this a normal security procedure? The link provided took me directly to my weta account without the need to log in. It all looks kosher.
Has anyone else had to do this?

No...I haven't ordered Barad-Dur, but I never had a problem with a Weta order and never had to pay taxes when the item has been sent from the UK warehouse. I would like that, if you can, tell us what has finally happened about it (if you had to pay the VAT).
Thanks

I'm ok to pay a little extra because I live in Canada, but 200$ of extra fees on a statue made of plastic, come on.

It's the same for me. Pay the taxes is 21% of the statue cost + 21% of shipping cost = 21% ·800$ = 168 extra $...sadly, too much for me, and this is the reason I want to know what's happening with european orders, before order mine.

I just received an email from Weta saying my Barad dur has arrived in the UK warehouse. The email said I have the confirm the purchase to clear the statue for delivery? Is this a normal security procedure? The link provided took me directly to my weta account without the need to log in. It all looks kosher.
Has anyone else had to do this?

Yes it is normal for a pre order and just a confirmation thing they do.Not a problem :wave

It's the same for me. Pay the taxes is 21% of the statue cost + 21% of shipping cost = 21% ·800$ = 168 extra $...sadly, too much for me, and this is the reason I want to know what's happening with european orders, before order mine.

I dont think anyone as to pay any extra taxes from the UK warehouse for items which are destined to another EU country, non Eu countries probably have to pay import/custom taxes. Also shipping charges will vary from country to country.

Number 6 is in the house. This thing is amazing!!! I have all the enviroments and I think this is the most impressive by far. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Well, i just opened it today, got this since last tuesday. Im Very patient, i didn't want to be in rush to unpack this thing and while the kids are sleeping for at least a hour...

The tower is amazingly detailed. Finally, I like it. :clap

The only thing that is a deception is the lava paint job beside the road of the bridge and around the base. i'm not a painter and i think i could have done better job mixing the white and orange. For the rest, it's a well done statue, wasn't sure for 700$, I still think its a little expansive but its pretty well done. Nothing is missing, the stairs, balconies, windows, tiny spikes ramps . Everything is there. You cant tell its made of PVC or plastic ( if you prefer) and that was my main concern.

The bad news.. I have one broken spike on a tower ( for now), i would like to have someone who can confirm if it's normal , one missing spike on a tiny tower on the right side.

Check out my pics...

( I uploaded twice the same picture of the entire statue, but one match more colors likeness and the other i exaggerated the sharpening so you can see the details that i cant take with my poor camera using snapseed, but you can see by eyes pretty close to it)

Last edited:
This piece is overpriced but it's the best barad dur you will ever get, so had to chok down that piece of polystone and polyurethane. It's nicely sculpted. Paint job could be better, too black overall with some gray mixed into the rock. It's not as big as expected but I would say just the right size for display purposes.

This piece is overpriced but it's the best barad dur you will ever get, so had to chok down that piece of polystone and polyurethane. It's nicely sculpted. Paint job could be better, too black overall with some gray mixed into the rock. It's not as big as expected but I would say just the right size for display purposes.

I guess price is relative to what you feel you're getting. Its worth every penny IMO but to each their own. As far as the paint I'm not sure what you expected. Its a black tower so its going to be black. :lol How big did you expect it to be? Its a huge piece! Its 2ft tall from base to the top. That's no small environment IMO.

Is this taller than the SS/W Sauron statue? Reason I ask is I need to figure out if I have the height to display both. Can anyone who has both take a pic especially to compare heights, and if they look good together?

Is this taller than the SS/W Sauron statue? Reason I ask is I need to figure out if I have the height to display both. Can anyone who has both take a pic especially to compare heights, and if they look good together?

I saw a picture from the ebook of Dave Tremond, the guy who built that environment and wrote a book about it, and there is a picture of both statues together. The tower is smaller if I remember correctly and it looks amazing both together. Because of this pic, I'll probably buy a sauron from weta.

I saw a picture from the ebook of Dave Tremond, the guy who built that environment and wrote a book about it, and there is a picture of both statues together. The tower is smaller if I remember correctly and it looks amazing both together. Because of this pic, I'll probably buy a sauron from weta.

The tower is about 3 to 4 inches shorter I believe.....How can they not look good together?

Back