Statue Weta Announces Barad-Dur

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Just unpacked my Barad-dur. This is so much larger than I realised & very heavy. Absolutely bowled over by this very impressed. Only one very tiny breakage; which only noticed because it stood out against the polystyrene. But I can't find where it has come off?
Rivendell next for my birthday. Hope Minas Tirith is being planned?

It will get made and I don't think Hobbit stuff will get in the way. I don't think we will see too many enviros from it for a while.

I've been thinking about enviro's from the Hobbit. Bag end & Rivendell have been done. Maybe the green dragon will get a look in? Goblin town which wouldn't interest me, much the same as the mines of moria didn't. Deffo go for Rhosgobal though. Can anyone think of any other potential Hobbit environments?

Hehe, let's hope they have a Grond standing around Dol Guldur as a prop so that it can be treated as a Hobbit enviro.

I kid, I kid.

For the record, there's also Beorn's Hall, MAYBE Laketown, unless they consider the hoard that Smaug sits on as an environment (with a Smaug to boost).

The bad news.. I have one broken spike on a tower ( for now), i would like to have someone who can confirm if it's normal , one missing spike on a tiny tower on the right side.

Nice pics, but I'm dorry to say that's definitely broken. Mine has all the spikes complete and even.

I just spent over 2 hours touching this up even more this morning...no more nubs,balls in between spaces and many thins removed, I even intentionally rebroke a spike on one of the towers and fixed it(was crooked before)...touched up paint...all done and now am satisfied...It is one of those pieces when viewing from 2ft or more away it is just fantastic..really really close up at least for me I noticed things...news flash too...even though this is heavy and feels like a solid piece it is partially NOT SOLID at least when it comes to the bottom to the middle of the tower...Base is for sure solid and that Top section is too...I'm pleased for now...Thought about drilling holes in the windows and making a hole on the bottom going up the piece then putting a light inside...just one of those fleeting thoughts...LOL......Took photos outside under a more natural light...makes a difference I think

Last edited:
IMG_3045.jpg

Believe me after I took the photos and realized it I said to myself wtf are you doing..LOL

I never looked at a piece and inspected so closely before or as much as this one...still a majestic piece no matter what

It will get made and I don't think Hobbit stuff will get in the way. I don't think we will see too many enviros from it for a while.

Well we would have had a Hobbit environment already but they had to delay it as it now appears in the second movie rather than the first! :lol

The guys at Weta have said themselves that The Hobbit will be their focus for the next 2-3 years - i can't see them investing so much time in Minas Tirith as will be needed, not for the next year or two.

I've been thinking about enviro's from the Hobbit. Bag end & Rivendell have been done. Maybe the green dragon will get a look in? Goblin town which wouldn't interest me, much the same as the mines of moria didn't. Deffo go for Rhosgobal though. Can anyone think of any other potential Hobbit environments?

Join the club on the WetaCollectors board. We even got so far as Richard Taylor himself signing off on the idea. But now, it's not been scrapped completely, but it's been put on the back-burner for now.

Yeah, I read that. Kind of sucks but nice to know we have one coming for film two stuff. :rock

That will be their focus but I do think something like that can be fitted in. I hope. :lol

Back