Statue Weta Announces Barad-Dur

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2818.jpg

Right now I hope PJ at the end of the trilogy shows where Sauron fled to and the Barad-dur foundations being layed leading into LOTR 60 years later...I would love that

I love it but still think it was overpriced...What ever paint was missing I touched up...if you look real closely you find spots...small, really tiny...you might even find some pvc thin sheets or pvc balls in between the rocks and tower spaces... they are there if you take a really close look...if you didnt find any then the guy that cleaned and painted yours did a perfect job...It is nice....as well as big and heavy...grats to those that get this...I believe some of this is PVC and some is Polystone..maybe

Last edited:
Adolfo, can you take a pic of your setup under natural light? I'm curious how they all display without the flash washing out the colors.

The flash does something in regards to photos...as for natural light there aint any in that shelf besides the Led track lighting otherwise it's darl as hell...It looks good in person

Last edited:
Here are some of mine. These were snapped with my iphone 3, so no flash. Tried to get as much detail as I could, but it was night, and i only had the kitchens lighting far off to help. I love the way the app worked with it too though. Really made me not care about not having an eye, when you can just whip out your phone and there it is! Plus, the fact that the pictures turn out so fun with the app is a big plus too! Let me know if you guys are curious about something, or want to see something in particular.. i have to box it back up tonight I think.

IMG_5528.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_4700.jpg

IMG_4037.jpg

IMG_8761.jpg

IMG_7282.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_8406.jpg

IMG_9233.jpg

IMG_9441.jpg

After looking at this piece again I'd say that the top section is just a tiny bit shinier than the lower part...part of the reason too that it's like that is because the top has some larger flat sections that cause more reflection

I just received an email from Weta saying my Barad dur has arrived in the UK warehouse. The email said I have the confirm the purchase to clear the statue for delivery? Is this a normal security procedure? The link provided took me directly to my weta account without the need to log in. It all looks kosher.
Has anyone else had to do this?

Back