VANDERSTELT STUDIO TTT sneek-peek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can somebody tell me what an average framing rate for something like this would be? im wondering if i should order the SS one or have it done locally. although i might have to travel a bit to find a framing place around here.

If you wanna save yourself money. I'd buy from Sideshow. But, if you wanna do it truly special, have it done the way you want it done.

I had mine done by a professional frame shop, with UV protected, non-glare glass. Non-Acid matting and backing and a really nice frame and it came to $350. PLus the $150 for the print. So, I am in $500.

But, mine is exactly the way I wanted it, and its unique. In my opinion it was worth every penny.

print021.jpg

I'm so glad he changed the colors up from the usual line-up of green-red-blue. I like giving each film a color, but I also like to see them changed up a lot. Green for TTT--perfect! Just right for Faramir! :D

That's a great idea. And get all dark/"royal" versions of those green/red/blue shades of colors.

Thanks. Yeah, my plan from the beginning was to do green matting for the Fellowship of the Ring lithorgraph. Red for the Two Towers lithograph and Blue for Return of the King.

So far, I love the way its turning out.

:)

I see that you got Gandalf for your sketch Agent. I got Galadriel, and picked up a second from a board member that was selling on the cheap (possible gift for my father). I think that sketch was of Sam.

So for the TTT, and with Jerry taking requests, maybe I should just continue with the female theme, and get Arwen for one and Eowyn for the other (whichever character is more appropriate for that film).

I was lucky. I got the remarque of the character I wanted for the first one. Gandalf the Grey.

For the next one I am gonna request Aragorn. And, for the third I want the Morgul Lord Witch King.

Ha Ha.

I don't want to spoil too much for you guys. I'd rather hit ya hard with the complete layout in one swoop:D. I will be showing you bits at a time though.

JV

Correct.
The actual art itself is bigger than the litho by a little bit. 30 x 40 for the Original, and 24 x 30 for the lithograph. The bigger I paint the real deal, then the better the reproduction quality holds up.

Wow, that's still a lot smaller than I had expected. You have to work with minute details then! Amazing work! :cool:

Don't forget that sizes are in inches!

Yes I know. I have the litho in hand, so I can compare it. I was thinking the actual painting was more in the lines of 50 to 70 inches or something, at least hehe. If you see the amount of detail on the painting, and to think that has all been done on a relatively small canvas. I'm amazed.:monkey5

Yes I know. I have the litho in hand, so I can compare it. I was thinking the actual painting was more in the lines of 50 to 70 inches or something, at least hehe. If you see the amount of detail on the painting, and to think that has all been done on a relatively small canvas. I'm amazed.:monkey5

Not only the detail is amazing - everything is amazing. It's perfect! :D

I see that you got Gandalf for your sketch Agent. I got Galadriel, and picked up a second from a board member that was selling on the cheap (possible gift for my father). I think that sketch was of Sam.

So for the TTT, and with Jerry taking requests, maybe I should just continue with the female theme, and get Arwen for one and Eowyn for the other (whichever character is more appropriate for that film).

I was thinking along those lines as well since I got Arwen on FOTR, maybe Eowyn for TTT and Galadriel for ROTK.

Or Shelob!

Wow, that's still a lot smaller than I had expected. You have to work with minute details then! Amazing work! :cool:

Actually, I'm surprised it is that large! I have been amazed over the years when I've seen original art in person, or for sale with sizes listed, it is almost always smaller than expected. Even some of Frazetta's paintings are quite small actually.

Given the fact that I do have a lot of characters and themes floating through this piece, I need as much physical room as possible.

JV

Re: VANDERSTELT STUDIO TTT sneek-peek 3

Ok, Here's another one:
Sorry for the watermark.

JV

aragornteaser.jpg

Back