VANDERSTELT STUDIO TTT sneek-peek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Helm's Deep?

Yes, indeed! The scene of Gandalf leading Eomer's men down the hill simply HAD to be in this painting. The sunlight beams will be behind Treebeard illuminating him, adding a nice contrast to the battle scene backdrop.
In addition to this,I am going to cheat a little bit, by showing the wall exploding which puts that added punch into this action scene.It would really be two different events combined into one - hence a montage layout!
This layout was insired by the TTT trailer which is on your standard DVD version.

JV

BTW, Woodsy is right, all three film lithos will have the Collectors Editions with remarques :D

:google Simply gorgeous!:monkey2

I am really excited to see how you'll implement all these ideas into the painting. Of course, knowing your extraordinary talent, the outcome will be magnificent.:D

Absolutely stunning and im sure the finished print will be awesome.:cool:

The ride of the Rohirrim is one of my fav scenes :D and now that i have some funds ill be picking up your first print FOTR shortly.

Im still unsure about which remarque to pick but maybe Frodo as the first film is mostly based around him.

Thanks for your time and effort Jerry as u can tell all us LOTR Freaks greatly appreciate it.Looking forward to the finished print oh yeah.:) ;)

Just noticed on your other thread,congrats on having SS selling your Litho's :)

Last edited:
These are stunning Jerry! I haven't picked up the Fellowship yet, but I am very tempted. I have the three lithos Sideshow/Weta released, and I think yours would fit with them very nicely! Can't wait to see more of the TTT.

Thanks woodsy and Jerry. By the way, the preview of merry and pippin look great. When I show my friends and family my Litho they are amazed that the characters were painted and they thought they were photographs of the actors. Once again, great job!!! :chew

Thanks folks!

I appreciate your comments!

JV

Shadowfaxsliver.jpg

just wow ......

.... how much airbrush do you use?
getting nice blends with acrylics & a brush can be a pain..... well for me at least ... :D

just wow ......

.... how much airbrush do you use?
getting nice blends with acrylics & a brush can be a pain..... well for me at least ... :D

A lot! I use a high end airbrush paint made by Holbein called, "Aeroflash".
Pretty much the best paints for airbrush or flat brush work.

JV

It's amazing seeing the detail in that painted piece and then seeing how big the whole thing is going to be! What will be the dimensions of the finished piece?

The actual art wil be 30 x 40 inches.

JV

The FOTR print is 24 x 30". Are you referring to your art or the finished prints? I thought I remembered you saying that all the prints would be the same size.

The FOTR print is 24 x 30". Are you referring to your art or the finished prints? I thought I remembered you saying that all the prints would be the same size.

I believe Jerry is referring to the size of the original.

Yes,
the actual, original art is 30 x 40. The lithograph reproduction will be 24 x 30 inches, just like FOTR.

JV

Yes,
the actual, original art is 30 x 40. The lithograph reproduction will be 24 x 30 inches, just like FOTR.

JV

I figured as much. Thanks for clarifying though. I can't wait to own this and I'm already anticipating how great the ROTK print will look.

Back