JV's ROTK litho-First Official pics here !!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutchart

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi gang.
I've been hard at work with this last installment for the FOTR lithograph trilogy; ROTK.
As promised, here are the first of several approved teaser pics for you. I hope you like 'em, and hopefully these pics will give some clear clues as to where this one is going. The final art will probably change somewhat, once I begin to tie all the elements together in the attempt to make a unified,themed piece!

FOR THOSE OF YOU INTERESTED IN PURCHASING MY "THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING" AND "THE TWO TOWERS" LITHOS, YOU CAN VISIT MY STORE HERE: https://stores.ebay.com/Vanderstelt...ngs_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ2QQftidZ2QQtZkm

sneek1.jpg

finally, the actual layout for those of you who've been guessing ; )

sneek2.jpg

A sample of the pomegranite-ish red theme

sneek4.jpg

A bit of the map

More to come soon. And now, back to Minus Tirith!

JV

Last edited:
:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

awsomeness-licious!

more pix's more pix's!

Jerry when can we start pre-buying?

Thanks guys! Pre-Buy? Not for a while yet...... I have to get a lot further before that happens, but I'm going strong and steady!

JV

Love what I see, but I have one question: who/what is that just to the lower right (viewer's angle) of Anduril - it almost looks like an Ent? :confused:

*EDIT* I think that is Grond! :cool

Love what I see, but I have one question: who/what is that just to the lower right (viewer's angle) of Anduril - it almost looks like an Ent? :confused:

*EDIT* I think that is Grond! :cool

Yep, GROND!

Another one of those "musts"

JV

:rock

I like that Eowyn features very strongly in this one, but the only thing missing (as far as I can tell) is a Mumak.

:rock

I like that Eowyn features very strongly in this one, but the only thing missing (as far as I can tell) is a Mumak.

Correct! The Oliphants are a cool element, but on and on this goes! It's a big movie with many elements, some of which there's simply no room for.

JV

Looks great! Should look super next to the other two! :)

Though kinda surprised with the choice of representing "the Mouth"
(who's not even IN the theatrical release) over the Morgul Lord Witch-King.

Considering he's the #2 baddie overall & such a popular character with fans,
that would be my only curiosity with this piece.

(Sideshow has many, many collectibles representing him & the Nazgul while only 2 for "the Mouth".)

:nazgul

(Sideshow has many, many collectibles representing him & the Nazgul while only 2 for "the Mouth".)

Hello Mr. Pickles.

If you look to the right of Aragorn, you will see the Witchking, which yes, is a much more important baddie!

JV

Last edited:

we need more nazgul's!

:lecture

Correct! The Oliphants are a cool element, but on and on this goes! It's a big movie with many elements, some of which there's simply no room for.

JV

Understandable, and honestly I can't imagine as an artist making such difficult decisions. :horror

Pure awesome! Glad to see the King of the Dead getting some prime real estate too.

Love the red. :rock:

Back