VANDERSTELT STUDIO TTT sneek-peek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My folks got my FOTR one done @ Hobby Lobby and they did a super job. I went back to get a SW print done there so I'll be checking out them first and places like Michale's as well.

Thats sweet! I never knew Hobby Lobby did framing. I will have to see what they have.

Thats sweet! I never knew Hobby Lobby did framing. I will have to see what they have.

They did a really amazing job on my two prints.

SW Print
IMG_2150.jpg

LOTR Print

IMG_5104.jpg

can somebody tell me what an average framing rate for something like this would be? im wondering if i should order the SS one or have it done locally. although i might have to travel a bit to find a framing place around here.

Or if anyone hasn't bought one yet you can get a pre-framed one from Sideshow
Pretty good if you ask me, works out to only $125 for the frame since the print is $150.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=8610

8610_press01-001.jpg

I saw these in the last (late) newsletter. Seems a fair price. Only thing is, I thing with ordering from Jerry directly on Ebay, you get better chances of getting a lower number. I think the SS pic I saw was > 1000

Jerry, I don't know if anyone already asked the question, but I'm guessing the actual painting you make isn't the same size as the litho we get, is it? I was wondering how big the original painting was and maybe if you have a picture of it? :cool:

can somebody tell me what an average framing rate for something like this would be? im wondering if i should order the SS one or have it done locally. although i might have to travel a bit to find a framing place around here.

I think framing and all for my LOTR print made it about what SS is selling theirs for. The print was $150 and the frame was like an extra $80-100 bucks. Hobby Lobby was having a sale around x-mas time too. My SW framing was $118 I think.

Jerry, I don't know if anyone already asked the question, but I'm guessing the actual painting you make isn't the same size as the litho we get, is it? I was wondering how big the original painting was and maybe if you have a picture of it? :cool:

Correct.
The actual art itself is bigger than the litho by a little bit. 30 x 40 for the Original, and 24 x 30 for the lithograph. The bigger I paint the real deal, then the better the reproduction quality holds up.

No problem. It also depends on where you go to get it framed. I would imagine small framing shops will cost more than a store like Hobby Lobby.

Not that keen on the frame SS have used will definately be looking around myself.I dont mind the idea of keeping with the colours used for the DVD's as the matting that Agent23 was going to do.:cool: Basically u cant lose with a Lith of this majestic quality. :)

Back