Vanderstelt's ROTK lithograph news

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Jerry, looking at your LotR lithos and that beautiful painting of Arwen posted in another thread (not to mention Marion Ravenwood painting in the Indy section) I really wish you were asked to do cinema posters for LotR back when the films were released. I hate this whole photoshop bc that took over cinema foyers these days.
Maybe you should do posters for "The Hobbit"? :naughty Would guys at Warners be up for it? Would you yourself?

Hey Jerry, looking at your LotR lithos and that beautiful painting of Arwen posted in another thread (not to mention Marion Ravenwood painting in the Indy section) I really wish you were asked to do cinema posters for LotR back when the films were released. I hate this whole photoshop bc that took over cinema foyers these days.
Maybe you should do posters for "The Hobbit"? :naughty Would guys at Warners be up for it? Would you yourself?

Thank you and you too Feathered Serpent for those questions. Arwen, or one like it, may end up as a Limited Edition lithograph in the future ; ). The Hobbit is a subject that I am always interested in diving into, especially when it comes to artwork. All I can say is that I am looking into it :D

Normally, movie one-sheets are simpler as far as the layouts go, but I've always approached these lithographs like a movie poster, then try to throw in enough storytelling elements to wrap up the general essence of the movie.

By comparison, painting is easy, it's the design and layout that kill me!

JV

ooooh, anyn Hobbits and you got my attention, my last 2 litho's have been with Hobbit remarques and I hope the ROTK wll be too.

Please more Hobbits :rock :rock
x :peace

Back