Media Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection [PS4]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nolan North just Tweeted his choice for a live action Nathan Drake:

CJr45GVUAAAMdcw.jpg:large

Took me a second with the scruff and messed hair. He does look better thinner.

Amazing. Simply amazing. Honestly, I think this is the perfect time to jump onboard the Current-Gen Bandwagon. Arkham Knight, The Nathan Drake Collection, UC4, Fallout, Mad Max; so many amazing games are coming out.

I agree. In fact I agree so much that I made the jump to next gen and pre-ordered a 1tb ps4 for pretty much that exact reason about a week ago. Which next gen console to get had become clear (for me), and all the big games and franchise sequels that I'm a fan of have started to build up now (GTA V, Dragon Age Inquisition, Arkham Knight, Witcher 3 etc.), with plenty more in the pipeline (Fallout 4, Mass Effect 4, Star wars Battlefront, Hitman, etc.) to finally make the jump worthwhile. Plus. as I went 360 last gen, all but one of the ps3 exclusives that I wanted to play back in the day has either been announced or released as HD remakes already (with Last of Us and Uncharted trilogy being the big ones for me), and if they'd just do a HD remake of Demon Souls now I'd have the full set.

Yep, definitely a great time to make the jump. :)

I swear Amy Hennig and co must be fans of Firefly... I see so much in common with Nathan Drake and Malcolm Reynolds with their personalities and dialogue..

I swear Amy Hennig and co must be fans of Firefly... I see so much in common with Nathan Drake and Malcolm Reynolds with their personalities and dialogue..

Well, Greg Edmonson was the composer of the first three Uncharted games and Amy said in the bonus videos in Uncharted 1 that he was chosen because well, who else but the composer of Firefly? :lol

Drake was also clearly inspired by Mal/Fillion as much as Solid Snake was by Kurt Russel's Snake Plissken.

I only just bought a PS3 a year or so ago, & recently bought a copy of Uncharted 2 - dirt cheap.

I see some ribbing going on with the PS3 versions, is it a 'only the current gen is cool' thing, or am I just out of the loop? :lol

From where I'm sitting, the PS3 stuff generally is pretty amazing. I've only just gotten back into gaming, after a very long hiatus. Actually really digging the PS1 again, going back & buying proper copies of all my faves (expensive :monkey4).

I only just bought a PS3 a year or so ago, & recently bought a copy of Uncharted 2 - dirt cheap.

I see some ribbing going on with the PS3 versions, is it a 'only the current gen is cool' thing, or am I just out of the loop? :lol

From where I'm sitting, the PS3 stuff generally is pretty amazing. I've only just gotten back into gaming, after a very long hiatus. Actually really digging the PS1 again, going back & buying proper copies of all my faves (expensive :monkey4).

Well, it's all up to personal preference really. The PS3 games are fine as they are, but the port to the PS4 will essentially free these games from the technical restraints they had on PS3. Now the jump itself is usually in performance and visual polish, it's not gonna be a complete remake/overhaul. If Tomb Raider Definitive Edition and The Last of Us Remastered thought us anything, is that a jump to a newer, more capable platform is certainly a nice luxury.

I would say it's like jumping from DVD to blu ray. If a movie is not out on blu ray, I'll gladly watch the DVD and the same applies to these remasters. Get them if you can, they're certainly more aesthetically pleasing.

DVD to Bluray is the best analogy for pretty much all of these PS3 to PS4 remasters, and I would use the VHS to DVD analogy for PS2 to PS3 remasters. Occasionally depending on the development team they might tweak something a bit. It is possible we might see a change or two in Uncharted Drake's Fortune, to bring it more in line with the two sequels.. visuals and gameplay.

Fair enough, thanks for the input. Although.. I would've thought the Sega Megadrive compared to PS1 is more like a VHS / DVD deal. :lol

So.. is the first Uncharted game good folks? I keep hearing about the second game being great, but not much about the original. That said, I haven't checked out any reviews online or anything, so maybe I should do that as well.

Fair enough, thanks for the input. Although.. I would've thought the Sega Megadrive compared to PS1 is more like a VHS / DVD deal. :lol

So.. is the first Uncharted game good folks? I keep hearing about the second game being great, but not much about the original. That said, I haven't checked out any reviews online or anything, so maybe I should do that as well.

All of the Uncharted games are pretty awesome. Sure they're dumb as sin, but they're well written, look and sound great and the characters are some of the most entertaining in videogames. I prefer Uncharted 1 over the well loved sequel simply because the setup feels great. Plus I'm a huge Firefly fan. :lol

Thanks guys. :)

What's the deal with 'Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition' then, is that a cleaned up version of the 2013 PS3 game?

I'm a huge Tomb Raider fan.

Back