LIMTOYS - Nathan 1/6 scale collectible figure (Uncharted 4)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want a delay on this. Especially not for SERS. While I like the ability to move the eyes, I hate how much of a time suck SERS is. Gimme an improved version of PERS instead. But not on this.
The probelm with PERS is that you'll never get the eyes to align properly when doing the side eye look as the mechanism inside only has so much space inside. Not to mention there being a chance that one eye is permanently misaligned when assembling. This has shown to happen with HT old PERS sculpts as well as InArt TDK Joker and Gandalf. SERS is the best way to do moveable eyes at this moment in time as it removes those aforementioned problems. Any misalignment is user error at that point.

Last edited:
I'm fine with painted on eyes. Especially Nathan is coming with two different sculpts and one of them already has a side glancing. I have two figures with rolling eyes and basically never used that feature, just gave me an extra headache to position them properly. However eyes have a nice realistic glare which I love.

Why do you hate them so much? It’s not a feature I see myself using much but I feel like you have to just make sure the eyes are centered right one time and then never touch em again ever. Like what’s the big deal 🤔
I spent roughly two hours playing with those stupid eyeballs on my Ahsoka figure. It was the first time I tried utilizing them. It was also my last. I was so irrationally angry that I could get them to line up properly. No matter how long I spent, I couldn't get rid of the lazy eye I kept ending up with. It was pissing me off something so fierce, I was legitimately debating cancelling all my pre-orders and getting out of the hobby. Took all of the fun out of it for me.

My Ahsoka is now horribly cross eyed but it's better than a lazy eye. A figure that was supposed to be a centerpiece of my Jedi shelf now hides in the back. I hate looking at it.

**** rolling eyeballs.

Why do you hate them so much? It’s not a feature I see myself using much but I feel like you have to just make sure the eyes are centered right one time and then never touch em again ever. Like what’s the big deal 🤔
coz we have to pay a premium for the features.

That would be cool to at least release a secondary headsculpt with moving eyes if they weren’t going to incorporate it into the main release. I’d buy it.

Master Team is doing that with their Leon and I believe they also did it with their Ada Wong.

I honestly don’t see what’s so hard about getting the eyes to line up when they’re the separate, individual eye system. The little tool that HT includes with theirs makes it super easy with less chance of breakage and less chance of eyes permanently not aligning if they were toggled with a single joystick.
well if they were misaligned in the factory it would be an issue. also we wont be able to make wacky expressions if the eyes are always aligned.

I don't want a delay on this. Especially not for SERS. While I like the ability to move the eyes, I hate how much of a time suck SERS is. Gimme an improved version of PERS instead. But not on this.

If they wanna do a DLC head with PERS or SERS, that'd be great. I'd get it! As long as it doesn't affect the production of a figure with two already fantastic head sculpts.
what the diff between pers and sers?

There's no reason to severely halt production on this to add SERS to not one but two sculpts, remaking them from scratch in the process. There are additional accessories added to the figure but you'll have to wait and see what those are on release.
btw may have missed it was it mentioned if the holster and belts are full grain leather or pleather/repurposed leather?

well if they were misaligned in the factory it would be an issue.
indeed, which is why I prefer SERS instead of PERS.
what the diff between pers and sers?
PERS stands for Parallel Eyeball Rolling System which is the method that HT used early on in their DX figures and what InArt is currently using with TDK Joker and Gandalf. It’s where both eyes are linked together and operated by a single joystick. With the eyes being linked together, there’s more chance for breakages or for one to be misaligned like how many had one eye higher than the other for the InArt TDK Joker.

SERS is Singular or Separate Eyeball Rolling System which is what HT uses now where each eye is independently moveable. They include a small tool that make it pretty easy to move each eye into the desired position though judging by the few recent comments, some folks have quite the difficult time adjusting them regardless; therefore, don’t care for the system at all.

Last edited:
So, I am looking to get rid of my Nate preorder. As OSK doesn't do transfers, I was looking for some advice. I'm still getting John when he releases and now have the Mondo MacReady preordered. I'm not the fan of Uncharted I once was (still love the character though). Does anyone have advice? Should I eat the $30 preorder cost and cancel? Or wait for it to arrive and sell it? I should be able to make back what I paid, right? Thanks for any help.

So, I am looking to get rid of my Nate preorder. As OSK doesn't do transfers, I was looking for some advice. I'm still getting John when he releases and now have the Mondo MacReady preordered. I'm not the fan of Uncharted I once was (still love the character though). Does anyone have advice? Should I eat the $30 preorder cost and cancel? Or wait for it to arrive and sell it? I should be able to make back what I paid, right? Thanks for any help.
He does, but you have to wait until he sends the invoice then you can ask him to change the shipping address and send a new invoice to the new buyer.

Attachments

• IMG_7412.jpeg
    IMG_7412.jpeg
    820.7 KB · Views: 0

When Limtoys figures sell out they will double in value if not more. The best thing you can do is play the long game and wait 1-2 years after release and make your profit. Just have to wait for the right time to sell.

Attachments

• IMG_7546.png
    IMG_7546.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
He does, but you have to wait until he sends the invoice then you can ask him to change the shipping address and send a new invoice to the new buyer.
So do you have the new buyer pay you the deposit and then transfer the invoice once you get it?

@niekgrijz Thank you as well for your advice. This is what I was originally looking at doing.

If you really don't want it just eat the nrd, 30$ ain't gonna be life changing.
What I would do is probably see how the figure is in hand, if you don't like it, you can probably sell it for a decent bit more.

So do you have the new buyer pay you the deposit and then transfer the invoice once you get it?

@niekgrijz Thank you as well for your advice. This is what I was originally looking at doing.
I suppose they pay you the deposit.
Kit will cancel the final invoice to you and instead issue a new one to the other buyer. But you have to wait until it’s in stock.

IMG_7782.png

Can someone help me out and measure the length of the ToughGuys Nathan shoes?

I’m working on a teenage figure and am looking for undersized boots similar style to these. SWToys is infamous for their undersized parts. So I thought it would be worth looking into.

Is the Lim Toys head sculpt compatible with the Sideshow Nathan Drake (Uncharted 3)?

The SSC sculpt is awful, nothing like the prototype.

I just noticed the Lim set comes with 2 sculpts so I’m hoping to swap.

Is the Lim Toys head sculpt compatible with the Sideshow Nathan Drake (Uncharted 3)?

The SSC sculpt is awful, nothing like the prototype.

I just noticed the Lim set comes with 2 sculpts so I’m hoping to swap.
We wont really be able to test that until it’s released of course 🙃. The head looks like it should work on generic 1/6 bodies like most headsculpts do.

Back