1/4 Hot Toys - QS019 - The Dark Knight Trilogy - Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No they aren’t screwed in. They pop off the leg but they aren’t a ball and socket either. They are almost like a big wrist peg where one part fits up in the leg. The other I believe might be permanently part of the boot foot. The ball part of the joint is where the screw is. To hold it together. So yes the boots pop right off with the peg intact.

Today once I’m home I’ll do some quick pictures for you. No problem. 😉

No they aren’t screwed in. They pop off the leg but they aren’t a ball and socket either. They are almost like a big wrist peg where one part fits up in the leg. The other I believe might be permanently part of the boot foot. The ball part of the joint is where the screw is. To hold it together. So yes the boots pop right off with the peg intact.

Today once I’m home I’ll do some quick pictures for you. No problem. 😉
ahh okay, I've never seen it before. Thanks so much, that's very kind of you :)

Jroot sorry for the delay and doing this for you. My day to day is as a nurse and I’ve been on call the last three days and I’ve been running like crazy. Anyway. Here is a quick pic tutorial.

Pop Boot feet right off.
IMG_3656.jpeg

The post is way down there.
IMG_3660.jpeg

Use a blow dryer or heat gun on low heat.
IMG_3663.jpeg

Keep the boot at least 8”-12” from the heat.
IMG_3665.jpeg

Slowly work the boot top down rolling it.
IMG_3666.jpeg

Slowly roll it over the heel.
IMG_3668.jpeg

Pull down with your thumb to expose the screw head. ***Note on mine the screw head to tighten was on the outside ankle on my left boot and inner ankle for the right boot. So no rhyme or reason so your mileage may vary.
IMG_3671.jpeg

Tighten in quarter turns to not over tighten and snap or break the plastic.
IMG_3672.jpeg

Pull the boot cuff up.
IMG_3673.jpeg

Finally….does this fix the weak ankles??
IMG_3674.jpeg

I think so….😃

Hope this helps. Sorry if any of seems redundant. Take care - Jase

IMG_3677.jpeg

Jroot sorry for the delay and doing this for you. My day to day is as a nurse and I’ve been on call the last three days and I’ve been running like crazy. Anyway. Here is a quick pic tutorial.

Pop Boot feet right off.
View attachment 652838

View attachment 652839

Use a blow dryer or heat gun on low heat. View attachment 652852

Keep the boot at least 8”-12” from the heat. View attachment 652857

View attachment 652841

View attachment 652842

Pull down with your thumb to expose the screw head. ***Note on mine the screw head to tighten was on the outside ankle on my left boot and inner ankle for the right boot. So no rhyme or reason so your mileage may vary. View attachment 652843

View attachment 652844

Pull the boot cuff up.
View attachment 652845

View attachment 652846

I think so….😃

View attachment 652858
Hi Jase, OMG you are a life saver literally in real life and in this forum :) I've managed to roll down the boots and tighten the screws as instructed. Good news, it works! At last it is solid enough to stand on its own without the crotch grabber. Thank you so much for doing that, I'm sure your tutorial will help a lot of collectors facing the same problem. Stay safe and healthy Jase :)

Thank you for taking the time to post that along with picture illustrations. Very helpful. Going to do that tonight.

Anybody know where one can get a decent generic 1/4 stand? The gargoyle stand on this thing is far too tall for my display.

Anybody know where one can get a decent generic 1/4 stand? The gargoyle stand on this thing is far too tall for my display.
I’d try Toy Anxiety or eBay and find a Thanos or Professor Hulk stand. They have the large flat home plate type design with a clear acrylic pole with a crotch grabber. But you can always print out your own name plate or different graphic if you want to customize it. If you want to go cheaper then that go to craft section at Wal-Mart and get a large wooden disc or semi circle and paint to color you want or leave it natural wood. Drill a hole to match the diameter of the clear pole that came with Bats and you got a custom stand for your figure. Depending on the size plaque and thickness you can get something as cheap as a few bucks or higher depending on the type, cut, size, or finish of the piece your buying.
IMG_3809.jpegIMG_3811.jpeg

Pop Boot feet right off.
View attachment 652838

View attachment 652839

View attachment 652841

View attachment 652842

Pull down with your thumb to expose the screw head. ***Note on mine the screw head to tighten was on the outside ankle on my left boot and inner ankle for the right boot. So no rhyme or reason so your mileage may vary. View attachment 652843

View attachment 652844

Pull the boot cuff up.
View attachment 652845

View attachment 652846

I think so….😃

View attachment 652858
Fantastic tutorial

I still have the second release on the box since I have the old one on display but Im gonna do that mod as soon as I can

For the one who Is asking for 1/4 Stands I bought this ones on ebay

Both aré pretty good but cause of the suit the classic crotch grabber Is the one to go , you can serch for them as bjd dolls Stands I think thats the name

Off topic

Does anyone also have custom parts From oaty on preorder ??

Im still waiting for my neck piece 😓

Attachments

• IMG-20230803-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20230803-WA0010.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20230803-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20230803-WA0011.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I love this figure, but he is the most unstable figure in my collection. Falls down more than he stands up. Thanks to @Jase25 , I was able to tighten my ankles, but the right foot was stripped and would not tighten, which is a bummer and possibly makes him more unstable now.

Anyway, I was riffing off the Dark Knight legend, and the Waynes being modern royalty, and I put one of those fancy collars around his neck and added some black lace around the hands.

batman1.png

batman2.png

I'm really surprised that this figure isn't more popular compared to the 1/6 offerings. I chose this over the DX19 a long time ago because I wanted a big show-piece for the Nolan series (I also still have the old, bug-eyed DX12 to pose with the Tumbler). Hopefully, the sales were good enough for Hot Toys to consider re-releases their 1/4 Joker and Begins Batman figure as well.

Last edited:
I'm really surprised that this figure isn't more popular compared to the 1/6 offerings. I chose this over the DX19 a long time ago because I wanted a big show-piece for the Nolan series (I also still have the old, bug-eyed DX12 to pose with the Tumbler). Hopefully, the sales were good enough for Hot Toys to consider re-releases their 1/4 Joker and Begins Batman figure as well.
Why would they re-release the Begins and Joker? They didn’t sell well.

You can go on the secondary market right now and pick up Begins Batman and The Joker for around $350, way less than their original MSRP.

I’ve seen the QS001 and QS019 end for the prices of 1/6 figures . . .

Why would they re-release the Begins and Joker? They didn’t sell well.

You can go on the secondary market right now and pick up Begins Batman and The Joker for around $350, way less than their original MSRP.

I’ve seen the QS001 and QS019 end for the prices of 1/6 figures . . .

For Joker, I think it would be good to see some improvements to the sculpt and clothes (maybe even an "Artisan Edition"), since the figure looks fairly dated compared to other Jokers of similar scale.

I've considered buying the Begins Batman figure, but it was also more of a "wait-and-see" if Hot Toys does anything new with a re-release. I know the sale for the original was poor, but there's always a chance things could change down the line.

It'll be nice to have a new and improved 1/4 joker but I don't think hottoys will do it again, at least not in 1/4 scale.

Off topic
Does anyone have that 1/4 ko Bruce Wayne figure??

It will be a great figure it with the hot toys sculpt

Attachments

• PXL_20231021_041254134~3.jpg
    PXL_20231021_041254134~3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231021_041445882~2.jpg
    PXL_20231021_041445882~2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231208-224538.png
    Screenshot_20231208-224538.png
    505.4 KB · Views: 0

Pop Boot feet right off.
View attachment 652838

View attachment 652839

View attachment 652841

View attachment 652842

View attachment 652844

Pull the boot cuff up.
View attachment 652845

View attachment 652846

I think so….😃

View attachment 652858

Thought I was the only one with this problem. Thanks!

I'm really surprised that this figure isn't more popular compared to the 1/6 offerings.

As am I. I wanted to wait until this had been out a while, but I am seriously considering getting it for a friend. He's the biggest Nolan Batman fan I know, and I wanted to make sure this was well received before even considering it. The 1:6 thread has like 235 pages, compared to 12 here?! I was worried that meant maybe this fig had issues?

All in all, how happy are people with this unmodded? Are the rubber pieces holding up and made well? If my friend wound up with a flaking pleather ala Vader situation he'd probably freak. Modding isn't his forte, so it'll be an out-of-box thing for him probably forever.

Back