Media Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection [PS4]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Played the demo and after playing MGSV for the past month, Drake moves very sluggish, and I don't think the games have aged very well. I'll probably buy this once is drops down to 20 bucks or so.

Played the demo and after playing MGSV for the past month, Drake moves very sluggish, and I don't think the games have aged very well. I'll probably buy this once is drops down to 20 bucks or so.

Loved Uncharted back then,but i tried them yesterday and i agree with you.Going from Phantom Pain and it's near perfect mechanics to uncharted was a hard transaction :lol
Phantom Pain just feels smooth and flows nicely overall.Could very well be the most realistic gameplay ive experienced.

Cool, well I haven't played MGSV so I think Drake will move just fine for me lol

I still recommend them :lol

Uncharted 2 is a top 3 PS3 game for me, I probably just have to adjust back to that sort of gameplay again. Also good to play these games since UC4 is coming out soon, and that game looks like it's going to be something else.

Loved Uncharted back then,but i tried them yesterday and i agree with you.Going from Phantom Pain and it's near perfect mechanics to uncharted was a hard transaction :lol
Phantom Pain just feels smooth and flows nicely overall.Could very well be the most realistic gameplay ive experienced.

Yea man, the gameplay is borderline perfect, it's probably the most addictive game I've ever played.

Lol @ you guys comparing MGS V to Uncharted :lol. Snake can't even parkour across buildings, let alone climb a ledge that's waist high.

They're two different games, with different play-styles.

Well they're both 3rd person shooters, that require a lot of wall cover.

I'm also not a lone on this, Quite a few reviews are saying the games haven't aged well. Drake moves very sluggish, UC3 might be better in this department, but based on the UC2 demo, the platforming and core mechanics are all inconsistent.

Haven't tried UC3 yet.But UC 1 and 2 that i tested was the same.The graphics are improved and you truly see a difference no doubt about it,but it isn't as enjoyable anymore.The Mechanics they say they have improved...I don't see it.Feels like they always have.

My advice is,stick to your original PS3 games,you don't get anything else than improved graphics with this release.

Haven't tried UC3 yet.But UC 1 and 2 that i tested was the same.The graphics are improved and you truly see a difference no doubt about it,but it isn't as enjoyable anymore.The Mechanics they say they have improved...I don't see it.Feels like they always have.

My advice is,stick to your original PS3 games,you don't get anything else than improved graphics with this release.

Are you sure about that? Have you tried playing the PS3 games in comparison? I recently did a full playtrough of U1,U2 and U3 on PS3 on Crushing difficulty and after trying the demo, I can say that there is a world of difference- similar to the jump from the PS2 Metal Gear games to PS3, or TLOU to TLOUR, and GTAV on PS3 jumping into GTAV on PS4.

As with any remasters or HD ports, the original release of any games will always be playable, but a bump in framerate and resolution certainly ads a difference. Not only that, but Bluepoint even went above and beyond what's required and replaced many assets with higher quality ones, and even tweaked the controls of already playable games towards higher response time and input latency is greatly reduced.

Lol @ you guys comparing MGS V to Uncharted :lol. Snake can't even parkour across buildings, let alone climb a ledge that's waist high.

And Drake's melee is so much simpler compared to Snake's CQC.

There's also the large difference in years in comparison. The platforming and mechanics all changed and evolved in the games, it was noticeable even during the original releases. This is noticeable in other games too, but just highly noticeable in Uncharted imo.

Are you sure about that? Have you tried playing the PS3 games in comparison? I recently did a full playtrough of U1,U2 and U3 on PS3 on Crushing difficulty and after trying the demo, I can say that there is a world of difference- similar to the jump from the PS2 Metal Gear games to PS3, or TLOU to TLOUR, and GTAV on PS3 jumping into GTAV on PS4.

As with any remasters or HD ports, the original release of any games will always be playable, but a bump in framerate and resolution certainly ads a difference. Not only that, but Bluepoint even went above and beyond what's required and replaced many assets with higher quality ones, and even tweaked the controls of already playable games towards higher response time and input latency is greatly reduced.

I guess you're right if you recently compared them,which i haven't.Just my first impressions and just how it feels overall.Im sure if i compare them i will find something,but if there was some major differences i would have noticed.

Yeah off course they are.All i was saying was that it was hard to go from PP to an older uncharted game.Wasn't trying to make a point which is the better game.

Funny, I've got MGSV sitting there and I don't even really want to play it (haven't touched it for at least 3 weeks), yet all I can anticipate at the moment gaming-wise is getting my hands on Uncharted Collection.

The similarity between the two really begins and ends with them both being third person games. I'd at least wait for the Tomb Raider sequel if you are going to compare control mechanics.

I know the games aren’t similar at all, I was just posting that its hard to get used to playing Uncharted again after playing so much MGSV, I don’t know if MGSV is the reason but UC2 (at least that demo section) felt a bit dated to me, especially in controlling Drake.

I know the games aren’t similar at all, I was just posting that its hard to get used to playing Uncharted again after playing so much MGSV, I don’t know if MGSV is the reason but UC2 (at least that demo section) felt a bit dated to me, especially in controlling Drake.

People read what they want to read.Nothing we said implied we were comparing the 2 games :lol
Would be pretty unfair to compare games with 8 years(first game) between them anyway.

I finally played the demo last night for Uncharted 2, and I have absolutely no idea what you two are going on about. The game plays perfectly fine, and controls are even smoother than they were on the PS3.

I also don't see why MGS V has to suddenly become the gold-standard for third-person shooters, all of a sudden. Personally, I had no problems transitioning from MGS V to Uncharted.

I guess you're right if you recently compared them,which i haven't.Just my first impressions and just how it feels overall.Im sure if i compare them i will find something,but if there was some major differences i would have noticed.

There's a big difference going from 30 to 60 fps. It's more than just a graphical upgrade, increased frames-per-second would result in smoother gameplay with more responsive controls.

Last edited:
MGSV doesn't have to become the gold standard for third person shooters, it just is :lol

I've watched quite a few reviews agreeing with me as well so I know I'm not crazy, even live play-throughs are filled with players repeatedly jumping to their deaths in simple platforming sections. Playing newer games probably just made it more apparent to me, but if you don't notice it then that's great. I still plan on buying the remastered collection, this is one of my favorite gaming series of all time.

By the way, I would kill for a Red Dead Remaster, that's one game that would really benefit with high visuals and frames per second.

Last edited:
You really think MGS V is the best there is for third-person shooters? :lol I'll credit it as having the smoothest controls for a MGS game. But, you can't even climb ledges properly, and you have to stay perfectly still to execute a barrage of CQC punches, otherwise, you'll just throw enemies to the ground. You can't even utilize wall-cover, to peek-and-shoot enemies like you could in MGS 2 to 4.

I think gamers have just gotten lazy. I spent last night playing TLOUR and Uncharted... no problems for me.

And yeah, I think RDR seriously needs a remaster at this point, too. Rockstar did a great job with GTA 5's remaster, I have no doubt they can do something amazing with RDR as well.

You really think MGS V is the best there is for third-person shooters? :lol I'll credit it as having the smoothest controls for a MGS game. But, you can't even climb ledges properly, and you have to stay perfectly still to execute a barrage of CQC punches, otherwise, you'll just throw enemies to the ground. You can't even utilize wall-cover, to peek-and-shoot enemies like you could in MGS 2 to 4.

I think gamers have just gotten lazy. I spent last night playing TLOUR and Uncharted... no problems for me.

MGSV has problems but gameplay is borderline perfect. My only complaint would be the lack of a wall cover button.

TLOU moved really smooth to me as well but UC2 sometimes felt like Drake was over animated, also feel it would have benefitted from having a sprint button.

And yeah, I think RDR seriously needs a remaster at this point, too. Rockstar did a great job with GTA 5's remaster, I have no doubt they can do something amazing with RDR as well.

I would have taken a RDR remaster over GTAV, I think we might see one once they announce the inevitable sequel.

I hope we see more game series getting remastered like Uncharted.Me personally would love to see a remaster of at least the first Assassin's Creed game.Not sure i would play the rest again as they are big sandbox games.

Back