Twilight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Josh, why do you hate America so much?
:lol Because I am in it....

:lol:lol:lol:lol

communist-party-poster.jpg

Just finished reading the 2nd book and saw the midnight showing ... I really love the books and the movie ... well ... I enjoyed it (laughing my ass off with the bad acting). There was a few things I was a little turned off about like the Cullen house and the whole going up the tree thing, but you could see they really tryed to stay with the story line of the books. don't think I'm going to pay to see it in the movies again, (even-though I walked into it today after watching another movie) but I can't wait for it to come out on dvd.

I really hope they come out with 'New Moon'. Even if its going to be like twilight. I love (no matter how corny it can be) seeing books come to life.

The movie was far more enjoyable then the book. I think this means the #1 reason the book irked me was the horrible writing. Sure the movie has problems but for what it is (a teen, over romanticized Vampire story) it wasn't THAT bad. I could see myself seeing further film installments but I will never, ever be able to endure the writing style of Stephanie Meyer again.

I would agree that in Twilight her writing is pretty bad. But she does get better, and I'd say the 4th book is as well written as perhaps the first Potter book.

I would also disagree that the acting was bad in the movie. I thought they all did a decent job with the material given to them.

I read a few pages of this in the store - so impressively horrible. I don't have the time or interest to read this dreck, let alone a series of poorly written books, not when there are actually well written books out there yet to be read. If the first one is terrible, I'm not one to continue reading the next terrible book.

I read a few pages of this in the store - so impressively horrible. I don't have the time or interest to read this dreck, let alone a series of poorly written books, not when there are actually well written books out there yet to be read. If the first one is terrible, I'm not one to continue reading the next terrible book.

They probably are horrible, and I never understood the fascination with Harry Potter either---

However, anything that gets people reading can't be all bad.

They probably are horrible, and I never understood the fascination with Harry Potter either---

That's true. I'm all for reading, even if it's crap.

Harry Potter is actually fairly well written. Certainly not anything amazing or ground breaking, but not the cringe worthy stuff Meyers has penned.

will never see this movie of my life.The trailer tells the whole story.No thanks.

I never understood the Harry Potter craze either. This girl I knew made me go to the midnight showing of one of them I think it was Goblet of Fire and there were grown ass men dressed up like the kids in that movie. I don't know how a man could even like those movies unless they have a child fetish or something because the movie is boring as all hell.

I never understood the Harry Potter craze either. This girl I knew made me go to the midnight showing of one of them I think it was Goblet of Fire and there were grown ass men dressed up like the kids in that movie. I don't know how a man could even like those movies unless they have a child fetish or something because the movie is boring as all hell.

With Harry Potter, this is the only thing I can say :read:read:read:read

The books are great if you give them a chance.

But children don't interest me. And having a fight with wands is about the gayest thing I could think of.

Books about MUCH more than just children; the themes are VERY much adult oriented. If you like anything sci-fi or fantasy, then the "magic" of the books shouldn't bother you. They're a mixture of Lord of the Rings and the old English Mystery Novels.

But children don't interest me. And having a fight with wands is about the gayest thing I could think of.

Its not really "fights with wands"....the bad guys are throwing the killing curse all over the place. So, basically its a gun fight except that no matter WHERE you get hit your dead.

Perhaps they could make a book taylored to wand haters. All they would have to do is replace the word "wand" with "gun" and the words "avada kedavera" with "bang bang".

Ah, and that would also solve the religious issues with Harry Potter as well. The church can condone guns that go bang...but most certianly not fictional obviously impossible wizards!

Its not really "fights with wands"....the bad guys are throwing the killing curse all over the place. So, basically its a gun fight except that no matter WHERE you get hit your dead.

Perhaps they could make a book taylored to wand haters. All they would have to do is replace the word "wand" with "gun" and the words "avada kedavera" with "bang bang".

Ah, and that would also solve the religious issues with Harry Potter as well. The church can condone guns that go bang...but most certianly not fictional obviously impossible wizards!

I just don't get the appeal of Harry Potter or Twilight, I admit I haven't read the books but watching a bunch of wand toting children or emo goths just isn't my thing. I mean if you are a grown man and can get into a movie that was intended for tweens then more power to ya. :rotfl

I just don't get the appeal of Harry Potter or Twilight, I admit I haven't read the books but watching a bunch of wand toting children or emo goths just isn't my thing. I mean if you are a grown man and can get into a movie that was intended for tweens then more power to ya. :rotfl

I might be 26 years old chronologically and physically...but I assure you I never ever grew up! :D

I would have saw this on Sunday but apparently my daughter wanted to see this with her friend rather than her family. Go figure? :lol

Lets not fuse emo and goth together. Real goths have nothing to do with emo.

As Bagels said, I'm forcing him to go with me this weekend. (I don't want to make this about QoS, BUT I went with him to see QoS, and I thought it was horrible. So. Vampires it is for him. :lol)

I haven't read the books, so I can't make any judgments about them. To Bad Moon, Loki, Dave, and anyone else who has seen the movie and read the books: do you think I will be lost since I haven't read the books?

I want to see the movie for a few reasons:
1) Robert Pattinson.
2) vampires
3) It's a love story, and I'm a sucker (ha...ha...ha...) for that sort of thing.
4) I want to know what it is that is drawing people into it. It's the same reason I started reading Harry Potter. It's huge in pop culture right now. Regardless of the crap some of you (and others) are spewing about how it's "only" tweener chicks and "only" chicks in their 20s and "only" middle-aged housewives and "only" BadMoon and Loki, this is still a large chunk of the population (and you're probably leaving out a lot of people who will see it... and who will see it multiple times). Furthermore, these fans are crazy dedicated, perhaps the same dedication as people feel toward Star Wars or LOTR, and that means SOMETHING. There is SOME REASON people are drawn to these books and this movie, and it's not all Robert Pattinson... although that helps. :naughty

Lets not fuse emo and goth together. Real goths have nothing to do with emo.

That is why I directed it toward Twilight fans, the majority of those fans are a hybrid of emo and goth combined. Its hilarious. But then again I could careless about emo's or goths both are just something people need to out grow. Good luck getting any decent job looking or acting like that or have fun working at Spencers or Hot Topic your whole life lol.

Back