In Search of Elusive Treasures: Seeking Rare Collectibles.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aiden_b

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hey fellow treasure enthusiasts

Have you ever experienced the thrill of searching for that one collectible like embarking on an adventure? You know, that piece that will perfectly complete your collection or the elusive item you've been longing for over the years. It's an exhilarating journey filled with, near misses and those moments where you almost had it within your grasp.

But when you finally lay your hands on that cherished treasure it's truly enchanting isn't it? It's a feeling that only true collectors can truly appreciate and understand.

So now I'm curious what is the ultimate gem in your collection? That one elusive item you're still tirelessly pursuing? I'd love to hear your stories of the quest – all we're all united, in this thrilling pursuit of treasures!

I'm eagerly looking forward to hearing about your finds and highly coveted gems!

Last edited:
after what we have witness from covid19, it all just feels materialistic. i dont even know if buying toys for the fun or for the sake of buying. so i wonder if a gem is truly a gem. for now more interested in the upcoming big game.

For me it is more FOMO than actually missing out. I talked myself into buying the Hulkbuster, Ecto-1, 66 Batmobile and more, when all I really needed was the batmobile. I have a basement stuffed to the gills with collectibles.

I have been out of work for 4 months. Before then, I preordered many figures. Now a bunch of them have a balance due. I still do not want to miss out on them, but cannot afford them right now

For me it is more FOMO than actually missing out. I talked myself into buying the Hulkbuster, Ecto-1, 66 Batmobile and more, when all I really needed was the batmobile. I have a basement stuffed to the gills with collectibles.

I have been out of work for 4 months. Before then, I preordered many figures. Now a bunch of them have a balance due. I still do not want to miss out on them, but cannot afford them right now
current hobby totally relies on FOMO. quantities are made to fulfill mainly preorders. they figure this gurantees purchases and reduce risk of overproducing, which results in clearance sales which would devalue a brand.

Hey fellow treasure enthusiasts

Have you ever experienced the thrill of searching for that one collectible like embarking on an adventure? You know, that piece that will perfectly complete your collection or the elusive item you've been longing for over the years. It's an exhilarating journey filled with, near misses and those moments where you almost had it within your grasp.

But when you finally lay your hands on that cherished treasure it's truly enchanting isn't it? It's a feeling that only true collectors can truly appreciate and understand.

So now I'm curious what is the ultimate gem in your collection? That one elusive item you're still tirelessly pursuing? I'd love to hear your stories of the quest – all we're all united, in this thrilling pursuit of treasures!

I'm eagerly looking forward to hearing about your finds and highly coveted gems!

I once read an interesting essay about rare collections but can't remember where, if I'm not mistaken the site was called fastessay but it's not exact
Just remembered a key point: Don't overlook local meetups and collector's fairs. Sometimes the most elusive treasures pop up right in our backyard! Plus, it's a great way to meet fellow enthusiasts and swap stories (or collectibles!). Anyone else found a gem at a local event?

Back