Lynda Monica Watson's Collection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm very new to toy collecting, but I'm having great fun so far.

Discovering Playmobil got me interested in toys as an adult, and I bought my first kit on black friday for 50% off.

I was so happy with it that I ordered four other kits online with the intent to combine them all into one big beach scene!

I want to add more, but here is what I've done so far. The first kit I bought isn't pictured yet.

20231207_104109.jpg

The environmentalist scolds the littering child.

20231207_120421.jpg

The vacationing couple orders a large lunch at the snack bar.

I have more in my collection from other toy lines, but I'm not ready to show them yet. I want to finish more little sets before I do.

I will add more to the thread as things progress. Thank you for reading!

Last edited:
I've completed another little set! These two soft body dolls are from "True and the Rainbow Kingdom"

20231209_105354.jpg

True and Grizelda

Last month I went to the local London Drugs, hoping to find a Christmas present for my niece. I came across the cutest little doll named Grizelda, and bought it to take home and wrap up.

As I left the store, my inner child got so attached to her that I had to go back and buy another for myself.

I looked up what show the character was from, and learned that Grizelda was the spoiled, but good hearted friend of the main character, named True.

I tried to find the True doll online, but no results were coming up. She was completely sold out.

Yesterday I looked at two other London Drugs locations, and sitting on the clearence desk of the second one were six Grizelda dolls, and ONE of True!

I got her just as they were all being clearenced away, so I'm very happy to have found her. :)

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I'm very new to toy collecting, but I'm having great fun so far.

Discovering Playmobil got me interested in toys as an adult, and I bought my first kit on black friday for 50% off.

Playmobil is cool and very underrated. The potential for it to cross over to other more common scales in our hobby is off the charts. However it can be pricey and it doesn't really go on sale ( at least to my experience) to the degree where it is entry level friendly to many.

Thanks for sharing. Merry Xmas.

I'm glad you like it! I was a little concerned a forum like this might think it's too juvenile.

It does seem to be niche compared to Lego, as it's hard to track down and can be expensive. I think it's great though, as the characters are so full of personality.

I agree that people who like to customize toys should keep an eye on Playmobil sets that have buildings. You may find a good starting base. 🙂

As someone who started buying Playmobil just a year or two ago I gotta say I love it. many really nice vehicles and the dinosaurs strike a great balance between stylised simplicity, realistic non-cartoonyness and sturdy construction. Perfect for kids of any age really. The figures are not my favourite aesthetically but they function perfectly for the vehicles and accessories.

Edit: they also scale great with other lines such as Sylvanian Families, Bluey, Roblox etc etc etc. Star Wars figures (and similar sized ones like GI Joe and Fortnite) struggle to fit vehicles due to lack of leg room but some things work good enough for me to class them as semi compatible

I'm glad you like it! I was a little concerned a forum like this might think it's too juvenile.

As long as you are having fun and it brings you joy, then IMHO, that's all that should matter. There is room in this hobby for everyone.

I really like the Mars Research Rover. The potential application to that is unlimited to cross over brands/lines. My observation and experience is, with most invested collectors, even if they don't pick up certain items or won't enter into certain lines/scales, they will acknowledge the "coolness" factor of things. I.E. "When I was a kid, I would have killed to have this, it's pretty awesome, but I'm out of space and I have to watch my budget and I can't get into another line/scale, etc."

Everything in our hobby is an opportunity. To be fair, a lot of Playmobil won't translate to a majority of people on this forum, but who is to say Playmobil won't take a few more generational leaps in the near future to make offerings that will entice more adult collectors.

As a kid, I would have killed to have these Mars sets.

I added one more kit to my beach scene, and now I'm very happy with it. I was looking into what else I could add, but I decided it was already nice.

20231213_161113.jpg

The environmentalist scolds the littering child. Feeling ashamed, the girl apologizes and promises to help clean up. A boy playing in the sand looks away from his toys to observe the mess.

20231213_162232.jpg

The boy's mother and father are enjoying a large lunch at the snack bar. The woman raises a glass to her husband, to which he raises a glass in return. While he is sincere in his joy, he is noticably distracted as the server brings out another tray of delicious looking food.

A lifeguard sitting in a quad next to them seems to be very anxious.

20231213_161653.jpg

A curious crab stands in front of the young boy, who is too distracted to notice it. Even though the crab is too afraid to come any closer, the lifeguard watches carefully to make sure neither of them get hurt.

20231213_205402.jpg

It's a nice little scene, and I'm quite happy with it. I'm not sure if I'll keep buying Playmobil, but I am very much a fan now. I'll take a little break before starting a new scene at the very least. :)

Last edited:

As long as you are having fun and it brings you joy, then IMHO, that's all that should matter. There is room in this hobby for everyone.

I really like the Mars Research Rover. The potential application to that is unlimited to cross over brands/lines. My observation and experience is, with most invested collectors, even if they don't pick up certain items or won't enter into certain lines/scales, they will acknowledge the "coolness" factor of things. I.E. "When I was a kid, I would have killed to have this, it's pretty awesome, but I'm out of space and I have to watch my budget and I can't get into another line/scale, etc."

Everything in our hobby is an opportunity. To be fair, a lot of Playmobil won't translate to a majority of people on this forum, but who is to say Playmobil won't take a few more generational leaps in the near future to make offerings that will entice more adult collectors.

As a kid, I would have killed to have these Mars sets.

This is a great point and what we’ve seen Lego has done and done so successfully.

Playmobil is moving towards adult offerings - enterprise, ghostbusters, etc.

I regret not grabbing the enterprise for 50% off the other day.

I regret not grabbing the enterprise for 50% off the other day.

That Enterprise did look really cool. I suppose at that price point, whether or not you are paying sales tax ( or any other fees, etc) become a major factor. Also shipping.

Something I did observe about Playmobil is their law enforcement figures have guns. Straight out, have guns. Which is interesting in that it's a rarity nowadays to see that in any toy line that is also mass market but also is more directed at younger kids/collectors.

I remember the 80's Legos, the space guy had a "camera". Or it was a "drill" But it looked sort of like a bazooka if you turned it one way, and an odd laser rifle if you went the other way. The Revolutionary War guys and pirates had muskets, but that was it. ( Hilarious in that Jang review above, he keeps saying "It's not a gun!" LOL )

The design engineering is clearly top notch. You can see heavy thought and care went into the curation of how the Playmobil sets are formed out. (I'd say the modern Transformers releases also have broken new ground in terms of creativity with how the sets are built to be versatile and have really creative engineering)

Last edited:
A lifeguard sitting in a quad next to them seems to be very anxious.

It's a nice little scene, and I'm quite happy with it. I think adding anything more would be overkill, so I'm leaving it as is. I'm not sure if I'll keep buying Playmobil, but I am very much a fan now. I think I'll take a little break before starting a new scene at the very least. :)

What if the lifeguard secretly can't swim?

That would be interesting. Cool set up, thanks for sharing.

Another aspect of Playmobil that's interesting is the blend of durability ( they have to be tough to have young kids handle them) but still have effective detail. It's usually a nice balance for most of their sets I've seen.

It does seem to be niche compared to Lego, as it's hard to track down and can be expensive. I think it's great though, as the characters are so full of personality.

I agree that people who like to customize toys should keep an eye on Playmobil sets that have buildings. You may find a good starting base. 🙂
One of the best things about this platform is the wide variety of interests, even if not my thing I find all interesting and that is a good thing.

Maybe I missed it but do you collect anything else?

I can see the fun in your collection. Something of our childhood in the modern day.

Maybe I missed it but do you collect anything else?

I can see the fun in your collection. Something of our childhood in the modern day.
I am collecting other things, but I'm not quite ready to show them. I want to finish some things off before posting them.

I like collecting little sets, but the ones I'm working on aren't finished yet. Playmobil was just the first thing I completed, along with the two dolls.

I enjoy variety in collecting, so there will eventually be more than just Playmobil.

I'm happy to see so much enthusiasm for Playmobil in here though. It's almost become an unofficial thread for fans!

Thank you all for such a warm welcome. :)

I am collecting other things, but I'm not quite ready to show them. I want to finish some things off before posting them.

I like collecting little sets, but the ones I'm working on aren't finished yet. Playmobil was just the first thing I completed, along with the two dolls.

I enjoy variety in collecting, so there will eventually be more than just Playmobil.

I'm happy to see so much enthusiasm for Playmobil in here though. It's almost become an unofficial thread for fans!

Thank you all for such a warm welcome. :)
I respect anything done well. It seems you're off to a good start.

I look forward to seeing what else you're collecting...when you're ready.

news-121421c-lg.jpg

Here is a layout of an alternate version of the Rover set. This one is black. 173 pieces total. At one point, the price got down to 21 dollars in mid November ( that's a really bizarre rare super low one off kind of price for something like this. Sales like that don't tend to happen often, not from my observation and experience, but others here might know more or better, etc)

Everyone here was a kid once, I just fail to see how any kid, from any era, wouldn't just plain love this set.

Playmobil is awesome. I should feel a little guilty for enticing more people here to spend even more money on toys and dragging them into yet another distinct line. :lol

View attachment 679087

Here is a layout of an alternate version of the Rover set. This one is black. 173 pieces total. At one point, the price got down to 21 dollars in mid November ( that's a really bizarre rare super low one off kind of price for something like this. Sales like that don't tend to happen often, not from my observation and experience, but others here might know more or better, etc)

Everyone here was a kid once, I just fail to see how any kid, from any era, wouldn't just plain love this set.

Playmobil is awesome. I should feel a little guilty for enticing more people here to spend even more money on toys and dragging them into yet another distinct line. :lol
I actually started rummaging through playmobil sets online after your last comment.

the more I think about playmobil, the more I appreciate the brand and what they’ve done, sadly they aren’t (at least I think) given the respect they deserve from adult collectors.

One of my fondest memories as a kid was receiving the original Playmobil News TV van from my dad. I need to find one online!

I've completed another little set.
20231218_105856.jpg

The Battle Tower in Pokemon Ruby is the ultimate in-game test of your ability as a trainer. It's completely optional, but it's there for thrill seekers.

Take three Pokemon into a set of seven randomized battles. If you complete the set, you win a prize and go back to the tower's base.

Win fifty battles in a row, and you earn a trainer star for your trainer card, a silver trophy, and victory ribbons for your Pokemon. Win one-hundred battles in a row, and you earn a golden trophy.

Losing a single battle ends your streak, at which point you must start from the beginning. Turning off the power mid-battle cancels your entire streak, so you can't just reset if you lose.

The team that won the gold shield for me was Metagross, Ludicolo, and Flygon. I bought the Ludicolo back in 2019 just in case, and I was excited when I found out that Flygon and Metagross were released this year.

The Flygon I found at Gamestop a month ago, but I had to order the Metagross online. It took a whole month for it to arrive, but I couldn't be happier with it now that it's here.

Completing the Battle Tower is my proudest video game victory, and I'm so happy that a single toy line has put out really nice figures to immortalize it.

Last edited:
I've started collecting Funko Pops of characters that scared or upset me as a kid. The wide variety of Funko's line up allows me to pinpoint very specific characters in a single toy line.

20231230_130628.jpg

I was quite young when Dragonball Z first aired in Canada, so I was way into Android 18 when I first saw her. I knew from the rest of the show that she'd likely get absorbed by Cell, and I was nervous about it after seeing Android 17 get absorbed.

The show did a good job of making me like Android 18, so it made me extremely uncomfortable when second form Cell slowly ate her through his tail. It was the first time I watched a show and thought to myself "I shouldn't be watching this."

In hindsight I can say that it bordered on unsettling fetish material, but as a kid I couldn't figure out why it made me so uncomfortable.

Second form Cell is such a vile creature to me, and seeing his Funko sparked this whole weird idea. :)

Last edited:
Back