Twilight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most reports have indicated that the midnight showings only accounted for $7 million of the Friday take. Even with a significant drop, I would expect the film to make at least $21-22 million on Saturday, and another $18-20 million on Sunday, which would put it at around $75 million for the weekend. But who knows what will actually happen? The $35 million number far exceeded most insider predictions.

I would have agreed, but none of tonight's showings are sold out at my local theatre which could indicate a drop since quite a few were already sold out last night at this time. I won't be surprised if it does $75-80 though. It will probably have decent numbers during the week as well since most people are off for thanksgiving.

Most reports have indicated that the midnight showings only accounted for $7 million of the Friday take. Even with a significant drop, I would expect the film to make at least $21-22 million on Saturday, and another $18-20 million on Sunday, which would put it at around $75 million for the weekend. But who knows what will actually happen? The $35 million number far exceeded most insider predictions.

Don't try and church it up. It's $80 million or poo for you!:D

Just got back. It stayed true to the book. However, I was also cursed with a theater full of young girls and old ladies. LOL! I think there maybe were 9 guys in the theater and I am pretty sure that is an over estimation. It was a good movie though. I enjoyed it. :eek:

Just saw it and I was pleasantly surprised. I think it really helps to know where the characters are going - that greatly enhanced the movie for me as the casting was really well done.

I think it's much better than the book, as mentioned above, all the teen girl swooning is pretty much gone. They also moved up the action and gave it a little more excitement. The book doesn't really kick in until 3/4 into it, but I didn't feel like the movie suffered from that.

The girls were very well behaved in the showing I saw - but I got them impression they'd seen it already. They only screamed at the entrance of important characters and during the credits. It must mystify the crowd when they scream for a very minor character who is incredibly significant in the other books.

Just saw it and I was pleasantly surprised. I think it really helps to know where the characters are going - that greatly enhanced the movie for me as the casting was really well done.

I think it's much better than the book, as mentioned above, all the teen girl swooning is pretty much gone. They also moved up the action and gave it a little more excitement. The book doesn't really kick in until 3/4 into it, but I didn't feel like the movie suffered from that.

The girls were very well behaved in the showing I saw - but I got them impression they'd seen it already. They only screamed at the entrance of important characters and during the credits. It must mystify the crowd when they scream for a very minor character who is incredibly significant in the other books.

Glad you liked it Dave. I think that the sequel will have a much bigger budget and hopefully be a better movie. Although the second book had a long drought when
Spoiler Spoiler:
I also think the scenes in
Spoiler Spoiler:

I would have agreed, but none of tonight's showings are sold out at my local theatre which could indicate a drop since quite a few were already sold out last night at this time. I won't be surprised if it does $75-80 though. It will probably have decent numbers during the week as well since most people are off for thanksgiving.

I realize it's all anecdotal, but I'm reading other accounts from people who just got back from their local theaters, and there were "lines around the building" for Twilight. Like I said, who knows what will actually happen, but I'm going to be very interested to see the weekend estimates tomorrow.

It was tracking for 50-60 million, but I could see 70. However the theatre I saw it in was practically empty. But I chose an early show that I hoped would be lite on the tween girl contingent. Of course this 14 plex had 4-5 screens devoted to it also.

I still will not see this film, I'll be too busy dipping my balls in lava and watching Nosferatu... remembering the glory days when Vampires were scary and not glittering in daylight. :google

I still will not see this film, I'll be too busy dipping my balls in lava and watching Nosferatu... remembering the glory days when Vampires were scary and not glittering in daylight. :google

:rotfl

My wife wants to see this. She hates me so that means I'll probably be forced to go with her.

Excluding 30 Days of Night, it seems like it's been a while since we've gotten a true, and truly great vampire flick.

70 million?

Guess this thing won't be going away any time soon. :(

Goodbye old skool vampires. Hello multiple ^^^^^ vampire films.

Back