Lynda Monica Watson's Collection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never watched all of Dragon Ball so I had no idea what you were talking about.

I had to immediately look up the scene.

Ugh. You were right. That's some weird-ass fetish material right there.

If I'd seen this as a kid, it would have unsettled me, too.

I know this is a silly thing to point out, but today is my thirty-fourth birthday!

Every year I save one hundred dollars a month until my birthday for a big purchase. While I say it's for my birthday, it's really more of a money saving tactic to replace things that break during the year.

Luckily I haven't had anything major break on me lately, so I can buy some actual fun stuff this year. :)

I ordered the remaining scary character Funko Pops I wanted, and a few Playmobil kits to add to my beach scene. I still have plenty of birthday money left, but I'm going to hang on to the rest.

In the upcoming month there will be a lot of updates here, and then it will likely stop for a long while until I find something new.

Wishing everyone a merry Christmas, happy birthday, or wonderful regular ol' weekend for those who are having one. I'll be logging off from the internet as a whole starting tomorrow as part of my yearly traditions. (I'll be back on New Year's day though!)

Here's to a 2024 we can hopefully get behind!
Happy Birthday! :p

:happybday

Here are more characters that scared or upset me as a kid in Funko form.

20240106_104837.jpg

Jacob and Robert Marley
I'm not gonna lie, Jacob and Robert Marley's whole sequence still sent a chill through me as an adult. The lighting, acting, camera work, music, special effects, and mastery of puppets all work together so well for this sequence.

Hugo Simpson
Hugo Simpson scared me when I was a little kid, but more the build up than his full reveal. The shot where he's briefly seen peeking through Bart's vent scared me so much that we'd have to fast-forward over this episode on our home recorded Treehouse of Horror tape.

The Evil Queen in Disguise
The witch from Snow White didn't scare me in the movie, but she scared me at the "Scary Adventures" attraction at Disney World. This was the older version of the ride that was later toned down in 1994.

Dementor
Lastly there's a Dementor from Harry Potter. I was more scared of them in the books than the movies, as Rowling did such a good job describing them.

Last edited:
20240112_104908.jpg
"The Friendly Pumpkin"
During the short, the pumpkin on Louie's head comes to life to try and scare Donald into giving his nephews some candy. The short ends with the pumpkin sliding on screen and exclaiming "BOO!" before smiling at the audience. This scared me when I was very little.

The Abominable Snow Monster
To say the bumble scared me would be wrong, but he really stressed me out as a kid. The chase scene on foot made me nervous, and the scene where he clobbers Rudolph in the cave upset me too.

E.T
I didn't make it past the first scene as a kid before bawling my eyes out at E.T leaping out of the bushes screaming his head off. Many years later I tried to watch it again, and made it to when E.T is dying on the operating table. The movie messed me up a second time, and I've never looked back.

Dick Hardly's Reject Bubbles
Dick Hardly learns the recipe to create the perfect little girls, and uses the chemical X he stole to create knock off Powerpuff Girls to sell to the public. When the real Powerpuff Girls infiltrate his factory, they're confronted with the horrifying results of Dick's experiments.

Two detailed frames showcase a warehouse of disfigured knock offs, including a knock off Bubbles with a single eye for a face.

Clayface
Clayface himself isn't too scary, but Matt Hagen's transformation into him messed me up as a kid. The final step of the transformation, the silhoettes of Matt being force fed the disfiguring cosmetics, still shocks me every time.

In Conclusion:
This was a very fun set to collect, but for now it's finished. Here's the final shot of them all together.

20240112_124148.jpg

Last edited:
Ever since I got a kitten, the toy purchases have slowed down. Toys all have to be cat safe now, so the Playmobil had to be packed away. I'm still buying sets for the beach scene, but I'm unable to display it the way I used to. Until I can find a way to set it up again, all I can do is purchase the sets I want to add eventually.

In the meantime, I bought some Playmobil 1.2.3 that Marlie and I have been playing with together.

20240320_203522.jpg

20240320_193811.jpg

Marlie loves swatting the kids in particular, and he likes chasing them when they go down the slide. He also tries to push them back up, and he loves knocking over the woman by reaching through the ice cream stand. He also likes it when I have the kids hide under the ladder so he can hunt them.
20240320_191701.jpg

Last edited:
Adorable! Would love to see videos of your cat interacting with all that!

Also, have you thought about a dedicated display area for your toys? Some shelves in a hallway or maybe a little nook? Might even look cooler if they are conspicuously stashed away on a shelf in an unexpected location in your house

Hello again! Most of the Playmobil I've ordered has arrived. There are still two mystery figures that are on the way, but I have everything else I need for my next expansion.
20240408_104952.jpg

I also ordered a big Ice Cream Truck set, but I recycled the box and forgot to take a picture. As much as I love the collectable boxes, I feel it's more important for me to recycle them.

I love that the toilet set is labeled as "City Action", as it's usually used for police pursuit, medical rescue, and fire fighting sets. When it comes to the construction worker though, the bathroom is where the action is. His little magazine has pictures of cars in it. :)

The hammock box cracks me up too, as the beautiful red haired woman is vacationing at an awe inspiring lake, but the scenery is less important to her than reading travel brochures to plan her next vacation. XD

I know I keep saying photos are coming, but new ideas, new purchases, shipping delays, and changes in lifestyle keep preventing it from happening. So this time I'll just say that I don't know when photos will happen. With any luck the final pieces will arrive by the end of the month.

Back