Three Zero Game of Thrones Joffrey Baratheon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand why you give Ray's opinion any weight at all. The dude hates everything he didn't put together himself.

I don't understand why you give Ray's opinion any weight at all. The dude hates everything he didn't put together himself.
Fact. I have never heard a kind thing said about a production piece from him unless it was sandwiched in between some very harsh criticism. I do enjoy the consistency of the hyperbolized cynical take on the figures, though. Hahahahaha!

That said, his custom work is wonderful. So when comparing production pieces to the high end custom stuff they are all pretty weak in comparison.

Ah well, just have to wait and see once I get it in hand!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

To be honest - Joffrey looks pretty decent in those pics.
I'm gonna hang fire until a few more people receive theirs and share some pics/videos.

Swedishheat has always just been a troll on these boards for years now so there’s never much value to what he says but he is right in a sense as I never make any apologies about how I feel about work from mass market companies especially harsh when I see inconsistent work that could have been avoided with care.

I have been particularly harsh on Threezero when it’s sub par work and has triggered me more than most because they hold rights to some of the more important lines to me and I have never hid those critiques from this company, but he has selective memory trying to advocate for his point, as I have praised recent releases Tyrion and Brienne and Cersei among others because rightfully so a corner was turned, so it makes it harder and harder to see a backslide in their work. So
If the criticism is consistent it’s in line with consistently mediocre work.

I appreciate you guys very much and appreciate you wanting to hear my POV but it’s always best to form your own opinion as well. I realize there’s not a lot of stuff to do that with I I’ll post my overall thoughts and pics later which should help.

I didn’t have the patience to take SLR photos but my iPhone photos that I took are good representation of what it looks like out of the box.

I have before photos of the before and a mod or two I started.

Overall it?s nice outfit and accessories atrocious hair and crown and low mediocrity on the face along with a few other head scratchers.

More to come this afternoon!

Last edited:
Thanks again guys happy to be able to help and provide some insight hope you all get yours in hand soon too!

As I mentioned above, I think my initial being taken aback was largely do to the fact that I think wirh Tyrion , Brienne and Cersei that the company had turned a bit of a corner in a big way. So I guess my expectation was high. Having said that I easily forgot how bad the Snow head was so they are pretty much neck in neck of what we can expect from them with this release.

When I went back and looked at the prototype pics again I guess I can’t say that it’s not in line with that, I guess I shouldn’t have expected it to be better but there were some glaring things that the prototype did not show currently that really took me aback in hand namely the hair situation.

I stand by saying that I think it’s one of the worst TZ figures in awhile however. I’m finding it just barely salvageable but of course will do my best to rework it

Overall impressions:

He was much taller than I expected him to be. Looking back on the height again Gleason is 5’7 and Harrington 5’8 so I think the figure is just ever so slightly too tall. Obviously mySnow figure has replaced boots and another head but the rest is stock and the boots I replaced with actually made him a bit taller so you can expect him to be taller than Jon Snow. he looks taller than him in this pic too but that a because he is slightly in front of him right now they are even, out of the box unmoved on both figures Joffrey would be taller.

But I think most of us picture him a bit smaller when we think of him so it looks a bit odd somehow. Due to the very specific body he uses, shortening him won’t be easy and may not look right as well. Also his eyes can’t lay flat at the sides. It’s frustrating.

Outfit and accessories:

The outfit looks good I think. A bit of a poor mans version from the gold leafing pattern from the show but all things considered I maintain that hot toys or any custom artists could produce no better in this scale I think it’s largely impressive to be honest. This was always the best benefit from this line. The bones of the outfits are there and largely good on all figures. The biggest miss is his side pouch which is far too plain and inaccurate looking . And of course the boots but these at least are far more in scale than usual and do have nice bend to them for holding poses. Overall there is just something about this proportion wise that looks cartoony and weird overall.

The accessories are nice, despite being plastic, the sword looks good and the crossbow which has a working action feature lol, looks a bit cheap only because it’s plastic but detail and paint are great.

The head:

Where things get disastrous is the head and this is what really took me aback when I rushed here to share my initial thoughts. I see what they were going with with this hair swapping situation but it’s just a mess they should have had the whole hair swap because this looks atrocious and both looks are pretty much ruined. The crown look would look better if it didn’t look like an anatomical disaster skull placement wise and the plain look, not even talking about this ridiculous toupee seam , the hair has atrocious sculpting. It looks like something out of dragon ball z. Face wise it’s just a poor sculpt it almost looks unfinished and the paint job lacking more than usual. And the neck gap seems are outrageous . And the crown. Woof. We got that real metal crown from his mama making this cheap rubber plastic crap even more hard to stomach.

Overall I’d rate him about a 6/10 brought up from the awful head by the outfit and gear.

In knowing we will never get another head from this guy I’m doing my best to make it work. I stuffed the neck and pulled the turtle neck up which helped hide the neck gap. I had to sacrifice crownless look and hacked off the bottom part of the hair and made the top goofy part much smaller but cutting it down about half then I adjusted it and glued it to the head after heating it to make it look less tiny it looks better but not amazing... next step is to do a full repaint of the head and crown and affix some rhinestones to the crown.

I may try and shorten him a tinge too.

After all that he will be passable, but one of the weaker links in my GOt collection. If they handled the hair differently I'd have given it like 1 or 1.5 full points better

Last edited:
I forgot to mention the body has seamless arms again for no reason other than to make it impossible to hold any decent poses and have his arms stick out way too far on his sides

Thanks for the review, Ray! And the great pictures.

I'm more relieved than I was off your initial reaction... but I do see some things that bother me. Mostly, the odd crown and that even odder body.

I'm happy to see that 3Z didn't omit the gold trim at the bottom of the velvet sash. May seem small but that pop of gold is needed. Overall the outfit looks great to me.

I'm not sure what to do with that head -- crown or no crown. I never even noticed the swappable hair piece before. I guess once I have it in hand I can better determine if I will go the distance of cutting the hair or not.

I have a bigger problem believe it or not with the strange choice in female body parts. Although the Frankenstein body they used works for his feminine shape, the legs look ridiculous long. I'm sure lowering the belt a bit will help, but you really need to physically shorten those gams. And Joffrey should not be taller than Jon Snow. Slightly shorter would seem best. So another reason to cut down the legs. I suppose, like Cersei, that a shin swap will solve this -- if I can find another set of short shins.

Anyway, all in all, and for me, this doesn't look as bad as Dani v1 out of the box but certainly not as good as Tyrion. About middle of the road for what I've seen from 3Z on GoT.

As always Wor, your eagle eye has me thinking about other areas I previously overlooked. And you are right about the body. All things point to the fact that it seems a body swap is in order here at the very least new lower legs per your suggestion.

It’s funny as for me this is about as bad as Dani v1 out of the box. From the doll like lifeless face to the really glaringly bad defects in the engineering to the total out of scale proportions.

I think the best that I can hope for is a Tyrion or Brienne or the first white walker which is quite a ways from being a hot toy quality figure but honestly not by much. I don’t expect that I expect more along the lines of Cersi Or saul Goodman or evening Mulder now an admirable attempt, flawed but you can see they are trying their best.

I put this wirh Dany and Jamie and the first Snow as some of the worst in the line personally.

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos and analysis Ray! Cutting right to the chase the crown is very disappointing especially after the Cersei figure. That hair "system" does indeed look quite bad.

Not sure whether or not to cancel this. My interest in going deep into this line is diminishing. The Night King was still a must have but not sure about a very mediocre Joffery at this point. Only reason I am still considering keeping him is he would be a nice character to display with the other Lannisters.

It actually really made me appreciate the strengths of the night king a lot more that’s for sure and that one I was a bit meh on as well, If even Joffrey was at that quality I’d be much happier. I’ll see what I feel about him after some body reworking and a full repaint. Hoping I can salvage him I think he’s an essential GOT character

I saw the hair was going to be a problem even with the prototype. You could see it looked like one of the old school HT hair piece so the PERS could be accessed. The crown is really missing detail too. The body is awful full stop, I think thats the bigger problem for me. I'll need to fix that. I dont have a problem with the rest.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

The first thing that jumps out to me is how tall he looks. While the actor may have been 5’8” by the end of the series, he probably started off around 5’ or a little taller. Not to mention in the last couple of seasons he was usually on the throne in most of his scenes. So I think it might have made more sense to kind of average it out and shoot for a roughly 5’5” scale figure. That would make him look more like a boy king that a young man king. What is with the tiny waist? Is that a female body that was Frankensteined together? Agree the crown and hair looks terrible and the paint looks flat. I’m sure Ray will make some nice improvements. The outfit looks pretty good, and the colors are vibrant.
I can understand the disappointment. For the price, these figures should look much better right out of the box. Folks should not have to be thinking about what aftermarket adjustments they need to make.

Last edited:
Totally agree on the height. I would go for 5'5'' - 5'6''... or try to match him with Cersei's height more or less.

joffrey cersei height (1).jpg

joffrey cersei height (3).jpg

joffrey cersei height (2).jpg

Yeah I don't know what they were thinking with that body. The scale has been off with a few of these figures. I kinda resent having to get a new body for a new figure. Mods could work but it may be too extensive by the looks of it.

And I think I have the right color in mind for the crown.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't know what they were thinking with that body. The scale has been off with a few of these figures. I kinda resent having to get a new body for a new figure. Mods could work but it may be too extensive by the looks of it.

And I think I have the right color in mind for the crown.

Paint wise bud? Let me know! the right golds are hard to figure out.

Unless the pictures are tricking my eye ... I just can't figure out why the crown is so small. Apart from the sculpt and paint being lacking on it ... why is it so little?

Unless the pictures are tricking my eye ... I just can't figure out why the crown is so small. Apart from the sculpt and paint being lacking on it ... why is it so little?

not tricking you at all bud it IS very little. and like the top of his skull is sculpted peaking out at the top about 8 inches higher and smaller than it should be. It is literally a disaster in terms of sculpting. Just bizarre.

Paint wise bud? Let me know! the right golds are hard to figure out.
Yeah. I have to dig around in my paints. Its been awhile but I'm sure I still have it as I rarely use gold for things.

Speaking on threezero in general it looks like Tyrion S7 will be the crown jewel. That figure is pretty magnificent and is head and shoulders above the others in my opinion. Unless they can knock Bran out the park. I think that prototype is fairly great and would equal Tyrion if they do. I could get Bran for under $100 with RP if I decide to go that route.

Last edited:
Back