Three Zero Game of Thrones Brienne of Tarth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just opened mine and I think it's an awesome figure. I tried to take pictures to send to my bro and noticed that it does indeed now show all too well in pictures so I'll just wait to show him it in person.

I wanted this figure, but after seeing the pictures I'm glad I didn't pre-order. I've decided that I will never pre-order another ThreeZero figure, the final product is too spotty.

This paint is awful.Think I might be done with this line. The clothes are nice, the sculpts area there, but I'm not spending another $250 to get the paint they showed on the proto shots.

113f0c1f0b8d7357148567661924f25f.jpg

I?ll never miss an opportunity to **** all over this company who I think are god awful especially after that scully debacle.

But I have to say this is one of their better efforts. I did replace the boots with TFA solo boots which requires porting her onto another body, easy enough I?m sure I?ll use hers for some other guy down the line.

The armor could do with a bit more weathering

Now the head. It?s ok. It?s not terrible. It?s not amazing. Paint indeed is so so but that?s the very best you will get out of this company. Think Saul, mulder... it?s ok. A bit of enhancement will crispen the details but I?ll take a light touch. Worst part is the pupils being not centered in the iris. Just ****ing stupid. I?ll have to fix that too.

Overall I like her. She?s a 6.5/10 best I?ve rated any Threezero figure.

This paint is awful.Think I might be done with this line. The clothes are nice, the sculpts area there, but I'm not spending another $250 to get the paint they showed on the proto shots.

Same here. Though it works better for me because I'm not interested those latter season figures anyway. I have S7 Tyrion on PO but I'll probably end up selling because of my lack of interest in his character later than S4. And I have Joffrey, who I'm actually excited to own but its dampened by the thought of how it will turn out.

It's a pity because that S7 Tyrion prototype sculpt is fantastic.

Overall I like her. She's a 6.5/10 best I've rated any Threezero figure.

Really? You think she is better than Leather face right out of the box? He's the best right out of the box figure I've owned by threezero. Though I'm modifying him, too.lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I think I might be done too...was thinking of ordering this figure when it was announced but I am glad I didn't now. Not a good paint job at all unfortunately, shame because there is probably a really good sculpt underneath. :(

Waiting to see what Joffrey turns out like before ordering (really want to complete my Lannister line-up!).

Really hope the new Tyrion figure turns out good...that one I do have on pre-order! :pray:

Really? You think she is better than Leather face right out of the box? He's the best right out of the box figure I've owned by threezero. Though I'm modifying him, too.lol

I really really do. I’m probably happier with leatherface now after all of the mods I did to him and plus he’s just more iconic and cool overall, but out of the box he had so many more issues than she did.

I just swapped her body, which was not nessisary at all I only did it so the Han Solo boots fit on, the boots obviously, and did a bit of shading on her face with paint to make some of those details pop.

As far as paint job goes, like it’s not good but believe me this is not the threezero paint job to pick on that makes someone tap out on the line. Not like some of the more recent disasters like scully that’s for sure.

There’s something freaking wrong wirh all of their better heads, mulder, Brienne, Saul good man etc. like the level of detail in the sculpt is not terrible, there’s something there in the likeness, the paint is almost there... but everything is just slightly off. Like the sculpt is flat, does not have enough depth in things like the eye sockets etc. the paint is flat too. They do this thing too where they kind of round all of the chins.

I can’t put my finger on it. regardless they are still the worst mass company holding some of the best lines hostage.

Outfits are always mostly good. Brienne here has the most ingenious fabric chain mail pattern on her top. I can live with some of these better than initial offerings but still lackluster sculpts because I have replaced central characters like Jon and Ned wirh great sculpts. Thankfully Tyrion was not a problem.

I think another issue is they sat on this License and waited way to damn long to make characters until the end of the season. It’s sort of beneficial because they improved slightly but I can’t see this going on longer.

Getting Joffrey and Bran is something of a miracle. I think the only one at this point they could sell without the hype of the show backing it is probably a new Arya and maybe a new Dany. Any character is welcome but those are probably the only two I think need to round out the line.

There?s something freaking wrong wirh all of their better heads, mulder, Brienne, Saul good man etc. like the level of detail in the sculpt is not terrible, there?s something there in the likeness, the paint is almost there... but everything is just slightly off. Like the sculpt is flat, does not have enough depth in things like the eye sockets etc. the paint is flat too. They do this thing too where they kind of round all of the chins.

Yeah, the rounding of the chins. This is what I think I was trying to convey earlier in the thread with her head being more "round" comment.

It's interesting to hear your perspective on this compared to Leatherface. I'm quite curious to see her in person now.

And yeah, those earlier sculpts.lol They look even worse as time goes on. I tossed the Jon Snow head for the Nut Piz sculpt which I haired and touched up. I've grown to hate the Ned sculpt, but I have yet to see a well done Sean Bean sculpt in 1/6. But even besides the likeness that sculpt is just rough looking, man. And Dany, for me, was one of the biggest disappointments I've ever had in this hobby. While I don't really want a later season Dany, if they make a good one, or at least salvageable, I'll buy her.

If you get a minute please post a pic of your modified Brienne.

I have received mine and I think it looks great in person. Doesn't look good with the armour off though, so don't try to take it off. Much too difficult to put back on.

s5589vp.jpg

Dang. This would be a very good figure with a solid repaint, but I'm not sure I want to drop an extra $150+ on her. Might have to pass.

Does anyone else have this on PO through SSC with the flexpay option? Last payment was supposed to come out yesterday and mine didn't. I've never done flexpay before so I figured I'd ask if that is normal.

Final payment on this was pushed to next month a while back, you should have gotten an email about it.

If you go into your account and then into 'orders', then click on the 'order details' link for the relevant item it will show the due date of your next/last payment.

Hope that helps.

Final payment on this was pushed to next month a while back, you should have gotten an email about it.

If you go into your account and then into 'orders', then click on the 'order details' link for the relevant item it will show the due date of your next/last payment.

Hope that helps.
Darn, you're right. I completely missed that email. *sigh* I kinda wish they could just take the last friggin' payment already.

At this rate we won't see S7 Tyrion deep into next year.lol Wasn't he up for PO before Cersei and Brienne? I'm curious what the hold up is for him. It's a pity because I'm most excited for Joffrey out of any of these figures but you know he'll be delayed a few times as well.

Darn, you're right. I completely missed that email. *sigh* I kinda wish they could just take the last friggin' payment already.

At this rate we won't see S7 Tyrion deep into next year.lol Wasn't he up for PO before Cersei and Brienne? I'm curious what the hold up is for him. It's a pity because I'm most excited for Joffrey out of any of these figures but you know he'll be delayed a few times as well.

Yeah unless things speed up figures like Joffery and Jon could end up coming after Chinese New Year.

Back