Xensation Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did really want Davos at the time but passed. I still think they should've done Little Finger and Varys. I think they would've sold well in the past.

I love the Davos sculpt but found the outfit to be very simplistic and not in keeping with my other GoT figures, so I never got him.
Oh, they definitely cut every possible corner on the outfit. (As I recall, they had to be persuaded to include an alternate hand with the character's signature missing fingers. That wasn't part of the original set.)

They cut corners on the costumes and accessories for all the Xensation figures, really. They kept the clothes and accessories simple and generic. Even on Tywin, who came with furniture - but that furniture is not show-specific. No sense investing too heavily in those details for an unlicensed figure. It could all be wasted if you have to shut down production because you received a Cease and Desist letter. (Tywin does have a Hand of the King pin, though. Maybe that's why he hasn't been produced again?) But that Davos likeness is so dead on. He's not the centerpiece of my GoT collection, so his clothing being slightly less detailed isn't noticeable at all.

I'm very sad I won't be getting my Mountain figure.

Anyway, at least InArt is working on a Daenerys -- another one I don't have because I keep waiting on the promise of a better one coming. Once I have her, I'll be closing the book on my 15 figure GoT line.

Everytime I look at my little GoT display it brings me great pleasure with so many iconic characters represented, I don't have a John Snow or a Danaerys but that doesn't really bother me. I always wanted a Jorah, but hoping someone does his original costume as I've no interested in his armour. But I think if I got a Jaqen H'gar and Beric Dondarrion I could make peace with having no more figures. There's a nice looking (but unknown how it looks finished) headsculpt of H'gar on eBay, but I missed the Lannister guard for getting his armour.. which is really how I'd prefer to have him. And I just found an STL of a bust of Dondarrion with a nice likeness, but I think I'll need a lot more tailoring experience before trying to piece his clothing together..

But, as I was getting around to saying, the Bron, Tywin and Davos are real jewels in the display with the ThreeZero figures, I can't recommend them highly enough if you still have the love for their characters.

Back