Three Zero Game of Thrones Joffrey Baratheon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not tricking you at all bud it IS very little. and like the top of his skull is sculpted peaking out at the top about 8 inches higher and smaller than it should be. It is literally a disaster in terms of sculpting. Just bizarre.

Just a baffling decision.

I mean, I can see that they're trying to show that his hair is messily tousled inside the crown (I don't think they mean that raised bit to be his actual skull). It's a weird decision, yes, but you can at least kind of see how they might have arrived at it. But there is absolutely no reason for it to be so tiny. At no point in the show did his crown not fit. Hell, look at the reference pictures Wor posted above -- it fits like you'd expect a crown to fit. Baffling.

I wish someone would do a run of replacement crowns. I'd be at the front of that line.

Not sure why Threezero bothered giving people a choice of crown or no crown. Most everyone will want the brat wearing his unearned crown. Having a swappable solution just creates more problems than the complaints they'd get for offering no loose crown.

I think Ray has the solution by cutting off the hair along the crown. In fact, I would how much more you can take off his Frankenstein forehead so that the crown looks like its shifted lazily forward?

now-you-can-finally-smash-joffreys-face-in_9nmz_h720.jpg

8f57047ab4b143b97299068bc000f1cc.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures and your thoughts Ray - much appreicated.
Yeah this is a hard one to judge for me.
I do think your right in that we might perceive Joffrey to be shorter than Jack Gleeson actually is. He is either always sitting, cowering or slouching and his character is such a little **** we probably diminish him further in our mind's eye.
As long as he is a bit shorter than Tywin I think I will be happy.
That body is a bit of an odd creature - but again to be fair Jack Gleeson in that costume in particular appears to have a bit of a willowy and feminine figure.

tumblr_inline_n4wa87bEsJ1sa863v.jpg a4eb64ad04b56674345b1ff85a9d4e39.jpg

and quite long legs in general

Joffrey_2x10.jpg

The outfit looks good, and I really do like the colour it would provide my shelf. The accessories also look good, I love that the crossbow works - :lol

But that head.....

The crown and hair/toupee piece is ridiculous - I'm very tempted to cut the hair piece out of the crown and spray it a more metallic gold (I may also see if some 1 or 2 millimetre amber gem stickers are in scale with the crown). But yeah - If anyone made a replacement for the crown I would be all over it.

As for the head itself - I don't quite know what it is I really dislike about it, but I do.
Maybe its the paint, but I suspect its the sheer lifelessness to it and the blank expression that are turning me off.
There was an undefinable (at least to me) "something" about the face in the prototype that has been lost here, something that let me see the character despite the neutral expression. Now that that "something" is gone, I feel the oddity of the utterly blank expression on a character who is always smirking or gloating all the more.

I guess the figure is not as far off as it appeared... does seem to line up rather well. What a strange body that boy has...

(hope you don't mind I used your picture, Ray)

COMP 8-17-20.jpg

At first despite the jarring height I was understanding the body choice for all of the really apt observations Lordastrond pointed out. But the more I thought about it the more I think you are right Wor Gar the body could be what is throwing this to make it look cartoony (aside from the obvious, the head)

I also really love the reference shots you found. I think he might haver just a bit too much forehead going on. I think I'm going to try handiwork the crown /hair situation a bit more before I move into the repaint.

I feel like there's just such a better solution for the crown somewhere, like I would imagine if the mold point was the crown itself. Having the junction be down past the crown is just asking for trouble.

They needed to do a head with the crown permanently seated on the sculpt. 90% or more are going to display him with it on, especially considering that the height of the figure clearly indicates this is Joffery near the end of his life. After that they could have decided whether or not to include a separate sculpt without the crown in a deluxe release.

I would also like to take this opportunity to praise the acting of the young man who played the role of one of most unlikable characters in the history of television almost perfectly. I still hate him. I still want Robb Stark to get his hands on him beyond the grave.

He sort of reminds me of Robert Iler in that regard, a kid that literally grew up on a show, ended up killing it in his role and never has any desire to act again because he’s really specific, linked so intrinsically to that role and really, what gets better than that.

I met Jack a few years ago super great, friendly high energy and cool guy. Nothing like Joffrey, makes it all the more apparent what a great actor he is.

Jack Gleeson is incredible as Joffrey, honestly one of the most talented actors in a show already brimming with talent.
Which is even more impressive considering his relative age and experience compared with most of his scene partners.
I've heard that he is possibly returning to acting and I really hope he does!

That does make for a rather nice display. Just missing a certain seat. I’m shocked they haven’t gotten around to that yet. Make a $1500 dragon but not get to the throne yet?

That's a fantastic Lannister shelf! Joffrey brings a dose of color sorely needed.

And yeah, where the hell is the Iron Throne? Wasn't there some talk about Dark Horse having specific rights to the Iron Throne in this scale?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Got my shipping notice from TZ today (based in Ireland). Looking forward to getting him. Only Bran and Greyworm to get and then no more GOT on the horizon.

Got my shipping notice from TZ today (based in Ireland). Looking forward to getting him. Only Bran and Greyworm to get and then no more GOT on the horizon.

Great news ChigsHakko! Hope he gets there soon. I have no bloody idea why mine got here so fast.

Man you are right I didn’t think about that. Literally only two GOT figures on the horizon. I know it won’t be the last but it’s far too few.

I did my rework on it excited to share with you all will take a few pictures in the next day or so.

Great news ChigsHakko! Hope he gets there soon. I have no bloody idea why mine got here so fast.

Man you are right I didn’t think about that. Literally only two GOT figures on the horizon. I know it won’t be the last but it’s far too few.

I did my rework on it excited to share with you all will take a few pictures in the next day or so.

He got here fast! Arrived today, just cracked him open and dear God...they made a complete mess of the crowned head. I mean, it’s beyond ridiculous you just have to laugh. No way it’s usable so uncrowned look for me. The likeness is there for me and I’m pretty pleased with him apart from the aforementioned CRAZY way they decided to sculpt the hair on the crowned head piece. Looking forward to see what you’ve been able to do with him Ray.

It's too bad they couldn't have gone the way they went with Cersei. Im both apprehensive and a little excited to see it. It could be a full catastrophe or something I might have fun fixing.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Back