Three Zero Game of Thrones Joffrey Baratheon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A loose crown will only seem too big. And you still have the issue of how is he supposed to wear it.

Unfortunately, fixing the given crown/hairpiece may be the only way to go beyond a full-on new sculpt with new crown (and that will be pricey).

Ray improved the problem a lot. If it is possible to shave down that forehead, angling the hairline so that the crown could sit forward even more cockily, it seems like that could be the best solution... though perhaps daunting for many. But I don't think there is an easy fix. And an oversized crown sitting atop his uncrowned hair-sculpt will look as silly as the current.

JOFFREY BARATHEON

Paint and hea modifications: #RFCustomfigures (me) full repaint of head and crown,, *hair cut from crown, forehead cut and angled for crown to sit lower, crown heated*and stretched*to enlarge, jewels added to crownBody: Star Ace Selene (with butt cut off) *with Joffrey chest piece, neck padded - this got him to the correct height and more realistic proportions*Full figure: Threezero

YES!!!! Now that's what he needed to be.

I noticed those jewels right away, fantastic touch. Stellar looking figure now. Don't know how you conceived that the Selene body would work but it looks great. And the crown adjustment/forehead mod really improves the overall head sculpt.

For those of us without a Selene body, about how much height did it take off Joffrey? In other words, how much do I need to cut off the legs to match your figure height?

Thanks guys! Wor id say about a half inch Both my jons are the same height so it was a hair taller than him before and now like in the last pic.

I’d be wary about just chopping down the legs as the arms might look too long

Another good thing about the Selene body is his waist is less freakishly tiny

I think most of the SA female bodies are the same. So Selene katness Audrey Hepburn, bride etc. They are also light years better than hot toys so good to have on hand they are cheap and plentiful.

It was easy to cut off the butt I took scissors and snipped at her lower back and done

It's crazy how much character you were able to add just in repainting his eyes! The stock head just looks like a neutral boy. The work you've done here with the eyebrows and eyes brings out the smug little prick we all know Joffrey to be!

Bravo, sir!

Thank you guys so much!

And thanks Bucky, yeah the one ok thing about the TZ sculpts is they are a blank canvas of sorts. A good sculpt can dictate the paint And you just sort of have to color it in. a mediocre to poor sculpt such as this can be transformed with careful attention to detail to likeness and using contouring in places. I used that at the sides of his nose to give him as much of that are arrogant little ass sneer as I could before it looked forced and fell apart. If this sculpt had more of that in the get go it would look so much more like Joffrey.

I say this a lot but I’ve never heard other artists mention it which always surprises me I’d go so far to say that eyebrows alone make about 50% of the likeness on a Sculpt! Threezero could have easily done better on those at least.

Outstanding job, Raymond! I see I have work to do when mine arrives. I wonder if gold leafing the crown is possible? Anyone have experience doing that on a head sculpt?

Yeah, that's way better. Maybe my favorite, next to Jon, revamped figure you've done. I've taken notes about the crown and forehead. Expect a PM from me in the future.lol

Where did you get the jewels?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Got notice Sideshow is charging this Friday. Was waiting for a video review but none exist, so I think I will cancel this. The sculpt just looks like a mess and I can't do what Raymond does. No chance for a replacement sculpt like Jon either. Sucks because I wanted him with the Lannisters, but I'm not into the GOT line enough to pay $200 for a 1/6 costume anymore. Essentially that seems like what you get here since the body and sculpt are bad.

Arrived today. It's not perfect but I was expecting a lot worse, I'm satisfied.
T0A9715.jpg

T0A9726.jpg

full size
https://i.ibb.co/6D5BtZP/T0A9715.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/qDW1N4K/T0A9726.jpg

Just received Joffrey, and he looks really great in the throne. Clothes are fantastic as usual, sculpt and likeness are good, with paintjob a bit flat, as expected from Threezero. What bugs me is it looks like he has seamless arms and neck, which makes no sense and limits the articulation quite a bit. Best surprising bit is that the crossbow actually works, and you can shoot small arrows. The Widow's Wail (the sword) is very nicely made, but the soft plastic blade is always a pity. All in all a great addition to my collection, and a bit of color on the shelf never hurts!

Back