This is too funny.. hey pordey Check it out!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OOoh that's what you meant by surprise pic.. hehe

OH I can change it for a moment..yeah just a sec... I know some of you have seen this pic before...

Go check it out now!

Quick question- in the Two Towers easter egg where Gollum snatches the award away from Andy Serkis.. does Gollum give the audience the middle finger?

:D If so... can anyone get me that pic? :angelsmil

I remember I tried to find the easteregg on my disc, but don't think I found it(if I remember correct) - only on R1-versions?

There's an *.mov file floating around with the gollum acceptance speech but you'd prolly have to capture it from the video. :joy

Okay thanks, got the image! So should I go ahead and replace BALROFAX/jumping Sauron/Gingerbread Golden Hall with this?

gh7-gollum.jpg

oh, the Balrofax, long time no see...

Even though the "Just say no" is a classic, I think Gollum is the best choice here... maybe maybe eh ok...
:banana

I decided I didn't want to brand the image with my site name and address, as this is a bit offensive, but hopefully the seller gets the point. :cool:

OH THIS JUST GETS BETTER!

the seller just put up a new auction that is now a full week to go and it uses the exact same template he had for the previous one.. so my image is right there shining like the sun in the center of his auction now... and will be for a week! wee!

:banana

NEW LIVE AUCTION

edit-

final update- I've added a bunch of text to the image but left the original gollum pic in the thread..
To view the updated image.. click the above link to the auction.
-Nemo

PS...

Thanks for the suggestion Bodie!

REVISIT MAIN PAGE TO VIEW CENSORED GOLDEN HALL IMAGE

Last edited:
hahaha.... this seller really has no clue. he doesnt seem to bother to look at his listings, so confident that it's all right in place.

i love the smeagol pic. :D

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana
PERFECT !!!
What goes around, comes around...(One finger at a time)
:horror
:D

Well I love this, it is so funny. As an ebay seller I have learned a lot! I will search out pictures on the internet when I sell things on ebay, mostly out of laziness, and use them for my auctions. But if it is not copyrighted then is it stealing? I know that it is annoying, but hey it is the internet, nothing is sacred when it is on the internet.

Don't get me wrong I think this is hillarious, I have just learned my lesson, btw this is not me that NN is doing an absoulutly great job on! :banana

I can't believe the seller has not checked his auction, but must be impressed with the number of hits though LOLOLOLOLOL :joy

ahahaha yes the number of hits really is enviable!

If only they were interested buyers :rolleyes:

But if it is not copyrighted then is it stealing? I know that it is annoying, but hey it is the internet, nothing is sacred when it is on the internet.

Every image on my site is copyrighted, but they're not branded images. More significant is the fact that this situation is someone using (or well, formerly using ..hehe) an image of mine to sell his or her own products for his or her own profit. This of course does not even begin to touch on the issue of the blaring fact that they have a couple dozen auctions running all at the same time and at least in this one the seller is using the image hosted right off my site, and it's a FULL DIGITAL PICTURE resolution that is only *visually* shrunk down (not actually changing the large size of the picture you still download)... or rather was until I changed it. This person obviously wasn't thinking very deep when the auction template was made. HAHAHA..

It's something to laugh at for a good long while. :peace

Last edited:
After Nemo found about this and changed his image on his server, I bidded on one of his items. The auction should end last night (when I was asleep) - but this morning, checkin "my ebay" the item was gone, I didn't win it, nor did I "didn't win"... where did it go?
Soon after when I checked my mail I've gotten a notice from Ebay saying my bid got cancelled?

Don't this seller like me? :sick

:angelsmil

You actually bid, Pordey? Wow you have some strong nerves there! but then again it does seem the seller is completely legitimate, so it's not that much of a risk.

But when did you last check on your bid-on item? It *was* the golden hall you actually bid on right? just wondering since you said it should have ended last night.

When the first Golden Hall finished, I think I saw two new Golden Halls appear. Then a day or two after that, with the crazy gollum pic screaming at people, one of them disappeared. The live one still has 2 days left.

Qvick! go bid on it!

Auction

I am ROLFMAO!!!!! If the seller would just check his auction pics, he'd see some pretty funny stuff (well, funny to US, but probably not the SELLER!).

The Gollum pic is hysterical, but I think I laughed hardest at Bodie's pic. Of course, the gingerbread "Golden Hall" is funny as well. Very well done, Nemo! I may have to keep an eye on this auction and see what happens!!!

One interesting thing is that this seller has an eBay store, for cryin' out loud! What the heck's he doing stealing other people's pics? As has been noted, he has good feedback, it's not like he steals pics to sell bogus items (so far, anyway), so wonder what's up? Just lazy? :confused:

Back