What's up Freaks!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoGS

Super Freak
Reaction score
New to the forum (lurked for a little bit) and new to the hobby!

Been a collector my whole life. Started with baseball/basketball cards, then comics and action figures. High school years came and I decided I was way too "cool" for all that then it became all about sneakers. Close to 30 years old now and finally just got tired of sneaker culture. I sold off practically everything and decided to just keep the few pairs I really loved. But once a collector, always a collector! That's always who I've been regardless of what it was I was in to.

Kind of funny how it's come full circle because for the last few months I've been really into lurking these threads, most notably the pictures. In any other context that may sound really creepy lol. But man, some of you guys are incredibly talented at photography. The way you bring these figures to life is incredible. And the way these figures are sculpted, the engineering, the tailoring, combined with the futzing you guys do, it truly is art.

Sounds corny, but no matter what I was collecting, I always respected it. For example, making sure I got the plastic card sleeves in the best condition for all my Griffey/Iverson cards. Playing with all my action figures, but not recklessly banging them into each other or throwing them across the room. Reading every comic book I owned while turning every page carefully to make sure I didn't crease any pages, then putting them back into the plastic sleeve with the cardboard backing. Wearing all my sneakers no matter how much it would hurt value on the secondary market, but making sure not to beat them up. And with all these things I just mentioned, simply just sitting and looking at them and admiring them. Those are the values I appreciate seeing in others and it's prevalent on this site. Put simply, I like when people are enjoying their hobbies. Yes, I was that weird kid who could sit there and watch you play a video game. I couldn't care less if I didn't get a turn if it looked like everyone was having fun.

All this being said, this is quite an expensive hobby and I really want to keep this to a minimum. Ideally, I envision having maybe one detolf of 4-8 figures total at a time. More than likely, they'll all be Iron Man/War Machine figures. Right now all I own is the AoU War Machine but man I am really looking forward to the 1/6 mk45. If I could go back in time, I would love to have been able to get the Avengers mk6 and mk7. I like getting things brand new and as much as I want to grab them off the secondary market I don't want to chance getting an older figure that may possibly have issues. Plus, people want way more than I'm willing to pay. I'm hoping that they get re-made relatively soon in diecast. Wishful thinking!

Other than Iron Man, I also enjoy perusing the rest of the Marvel threads as well as the Star Wars and DC threads. I'm also a big fan of Agents of Shield (Skye :love) and really like what the Netflix Marvel shows are doing. It's a great time to be into superheros again!

I don't have much to contribute by way of figures/pictures, but I'll be checking out threads to keep up! If you've read this much, thanks for hanging in there! :hi5:

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show, SoGS!
wavesmile.gif

Back