The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Spoilers!!)

Rick's actions snowballed into chaos under the influence of Shane. To say that this was the only way it could have turned out ignores the impact of Shane's decisions, which is the locus of the chaos.

Good thing for them he's dead (even though it's sad; Bernthal is a great actor and Shane was a fantastic drama engine). It's too bad he couldn't get it together, otherwise they might not be about to lose the farm to the dead.

:monkey3

This thread makes me miss LOST and the LOST thread. :monkey2

tumblr_lyptjry7Kq1qjhttjo1_500.jpg

I was going to google something and create a bull ____ story of the misspelling like DP(Dark Passenger not Double Penetration) but I just laughed at all the websites and ____ that have it misspelled as well. :lol

I'm a huge fan of DP.

You can say this all you want but unless you are in that situation, I dont think you can say for that for sure. Situations like that either bring out your dark side or your human nature. I don't think you can truly know which way you would go unless you were put in that position. Saying you would just sacrifice a human life because the negatives outweighed the positives is too black and white. I think I would be extremely torn...and whether I would just shoot him there or do what rick did would be impossible for me to predict since I've never experienced anything nearly as dangerous.

That's one of the most ignorant statements made so far. There was absolutely no "sacrifice" involved in leaving Randall on the fence. Those were his consequences for his own actions. And in the end, we already know that taking Randall back to the farm had dire consequences, more tragic than leaving him to his own demise. The act of "self defense" is far more "human" than the act of charity.

The only charity that kid would have gotten from me would have been a blade in the base of his skull.

They risked their lives for a guy who was just trying to kill them. Then took him back to the farm where he endangered everyone. I understand the mindset of "wanting to be humane". It just isn't a safe or realistic way to do things in this type of scenario.

The only charity that kid would have gotten from me would have been a blade in the base of his skull.

They risked their lives for a guy who was just trying to kill them. Then took him back to the farm where he endangered everyone. I understand the mindset of "wanting to be humane". It just isn't a safe or realistic way to do things in this type of scenario.

This. Part of human nature is the desire and will to survive even if it means committing cruel acts to do so. In that type of lawless situation, you can't always afford to be compassionate even if your conscience wants to, especially if your looking out for others. When Shane killed Otis, he didn't do so because he enjoyed the act of committing murder, he did so to survive and to save/protect his loved ones. Even Hershel said they should have just capped Randall and be done with it. It wasn't because he wanted to but he knew the situation they were in.

Now people like Randall's group are the ones that truly lost their humanity. They do what it takes to survive as well but then they go that extra step where they cross the line that seperates humanity and barbarism. Randall's group are the type that would not only kill you to survive, but they would probably enjoy it. The whole story about the campers is a perfect example. They wern't after just after their supplies (if they were at all), they wanted to intentionally hurt and humiliate someone because they knew they could and no one could stop them.

Wow I was just doing a little reading up on Jon Bernthal. I had no idea he has earned a Master of Fine Arts degree.

Wow I was just doing a little reading up on Jon Bernthal. I had no idea he has earned a Master of Fine Arts degree.

Wow I just read Pixeltwin's post and I have no idea what a Master of Fine Arts degree is.

(Construction worker, never went to college).

Wow I just read Pixeltwin's post and I have no idea what a Master of Fine Arts degree is.

(Construction worker, never went to college).

Those are the people that work in nail salons and paint JUICY on peoples fingernail's I think. :dunno

Hey guys, just watched the most recent episode and I'm sure you've covered this, but how did Shane become a zombie? Obviously he didn't get bitten, so what happened?

Hey guys, just watched the most recent episode and I'm sure you've covered this, but how did Shane become a zombie? Obviously he didn't get bitten, so what happened?

It'll be explained in the season finale. It goes back to season 1 with what Jenner told Rick at the CDC compound.

Back