Kevin Smith's Comic Book Men on AMC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing about Kevin Smith movies is that I always looked at them as satirical. They kind of went so extreme in the world of geekdom that it was almost laughable. I think Kevin is geeky as are his friends probably but I think in things like this, they play it up so far to try and capture that piece from his films that it doesn't come off as believable and a bit laughable. One of the things people scream about the comic book genre is that it needs more seriousness in terms of handling it and this show is just a step backwards.

Awful, awful, awful show. I could barely sit through ten minutes, I was in the middle of downloading the second one but after watching the first I deleted it. The store is run by douchebags that remind me of that line from High Fidelity:

"You guys are snobs. You're totally elitist, you think you're the under-appreciated scholars so you ____ on those who know less than you. Which is everybody. It's just sad, that's all."

Yeah, this show got annoying real quick (aside from Brian with the big beard). I won't be watching it anymore. I used to like Kevin Smith, but now he just comes across as a has been trying too hard.

I really hope this gets cancelled fast, Why is this show put after the Walking dead, it feels like AMC is saying "you like the walking dead so Please watch this other show!"
Why is comic book men so important? because is new? it needs the audience?

Great story, rich and compelling. - Ron Burgandy

I really hope this gets cancelled fast, Why is this show put after the Walking dead, it feels like AMC is saying "you like the walking dead so Please watch this other show!"

Are you gonna be ok? Maybe count to 10? :dunno

I read this with the voice of Balki in my head. See if it doesn't make you laugh!

PerfectStrangers.jpg

Glad I stayed away... show looked like shat from the get-go; guess it didn't disappoint.

Maybe if its a massive failure it will start a chain reaction causing other "reality" shows to fail :huh I dream of a day when a person with a job that involves buying, catching or collecting things is no longer deemed television worthy :lecture

And Kevin Smith lost me after Jersey Girl... anyone that can make that no longer deserves any kind of respect. Although I will admit Zack and Miri was still pretty funny :lol

I was really exited (well not thaaat exited) to watch this show... & must say I did not get past the first half of episode one... It really was quite boring. I could not help thinking what a d!ck that old bearded fool was... i wanted to reach into the TV & beat his a$$. Hopefully it picks up in later episdes, but I sure as heck wont be watching 'em :(

I still don't get it, is annoying as hell, i hope it doesnt go pass the first season, AMC usually has really good shows, they dropped the ball on this one

It's a cheap show to produce and it takes up airtime. Between Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead and Hell on Wheels, I would imagine they're budget is about tapped out. They should just ditch this show, extend Talking Dead to an hour and air it in that slot after the first showing of Walking Dead.

Tried watching the first episode, but got bored after the first 10 minutes. After that I either change the channel or go to sleep.

It's a cheap show to produce and it takes up airtime. Between Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead and Hell on Wheels, I would imagine they're budget is about tapped out. They should just ditch this show, extend Talking Dead to an hour and air it in that slot after the first showing of Walking Dead.

I guess I understand you. but if they wanted a reality show to take some airtime they should have made something a little better, I dont know, I hate this show, yet another of the many failings of Ksmith lol

Back