The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC

For the record, I believe that Shane did intend on killing Rick and pining the death on Randall - just like Shane said to Rick during their confrontation. However, I have been looking at it from Nam's perspective that Shane wanted Rick to kill him just to see if there is something to it. What if...

Shane really did want Rick to kill him? I think his conversation with Lori did throw him for a loop and everyone is blaming Lori for getting Shane all riled up again, but what if the conversation didn't rile him up so much as give him an epiphany. That being he could never be with her and Carl since they both love Rick. So knowing this he made the decision to remove himself from the equation altogether, but impart one last lesson/gift on Rick. He wanted Rick to be the man who could make the tough decisions because he would need that ability to keep Lori and Carl safe. So Shane made the ultimate sacrifice and let Rick kill him. Rick was crying afterwards saying "damn you why did you make me do this?" and Shane was smiling a little and caressing his cheek as if to say it was all right. He couldn't speak because his lungs were filling up with blood (unlike Dale's lungs which were not filling up with blood because there was no blood on or coming from his mouth.) Could Shane be the ultimate tragic hero? :lol

Also, Jenner said that reanimation times varied widely with some occurring in as little as 3 minutes - so Shane's reanimation time has already been answered in my mind.

Again, I still agree with celtic predator's post about Shane still having some sort of conscious and that is why he hesitated, but...we'll never know for sure.

For the record, I believe that Shane did intend on killing Rick and pining the death on Randall - just like Shane said to Rick during their confrontation. However, I have been looking at it from Nam's perspective that Shane wanted Rick to kill him just to see if there is something to it. What if...

Shane really did want Rick to kill him? I think his conversation with Lori did throw him for a loop and everyone is blaming Lori for getting Shane all riled up again, but what if the conversation didn't rile him up so much as give him an epiphany. That being he could never be with her and Carl since they both love Rick. So knowing this he made the decision to remove himself from the equation altogether, but impart one last lesson/gift on Rick. He wanted Rick to be the man who could make the tough decisions because he would need that ability to keep Lori and Carl safe. So Shane made the ultimate sacrifice and let Rick kill him. Rick was crying afterwards saying "damn you why did you make me do this?" and Shane was smiling a little and caressing his cheek as if to say it was all right. He couldn't speak because his lungs were filling up with blood (unlike Dale's lungs which were not filling up with blood because there was no blood on or coming from his mouth.) Could Shane be the ultimate tragic hero? :lol

Also, Jenner said that reanimation times varied widely with some occurring in as little as 3 minutes - so Shane's reanimation time has already been answered in my mind.

Again, I still agree with celtic predator's post about Shane still having some sort of conscious and that is why he hesitated, but...we'll never know for sure.
There was an extra 17 minute talking dead after show where they were taking questions. First question they took was something like, what would the group have done if Shanes plan to kill Rick had succeeded? No one on the board questioned it or said that wasn't the intention. As far as Maggie earlier saying she thought Shane was goading Rick into shooting him. I stand by that Shane was goading Rick into drawing his weapon so that he could shoot him with a clearer conscience.

Best episode this season. Liked how they concluded Shane's story arc and added alot to Rick's character. Can't wait for next week. Is it a standard 42 minute episode or extended?

There was an extra 17 minute talking dead after show where they were taking questions. First question they took was something like, what would the group have done if Shanes plan to kill Rick had succeeded? No one on the board questioned it or said that wasn't the intention. As far as Maggie earlier saying she thought Shane was goading Rick into shooting him. I stand by that Shane was goading Rick into drawing his weapon so that he could shoot him with a clearer conscience.

:exactly:This is my thought as well. I am just trying to look at it from another perspective. In addition to all the debates this show promotes, I like how nothing is ever "all good" or "all bad". There are so many shades of grey. Was Shane a bad guy? Mostly, but he did do some good things too. Is Rick a good guy? Mostly, but he has done some bad things too.
One thing I think we can all agree on is that this is one of, if not the BEST SHOW on TV right now.

One other thing I liked about this episode - it built on the Rick/Daryl team again. I liked the porch scene, and I liked that Daryl is smart when it comes to reading people and situations. Obviously Rick knew what Shane was up to right away, but Daryl did too.

Dale was an annoyance. so glad he's dead. Shane though is a big loss to the dynamics of the group.

I really enjoyed last night's episode, and next week's looks like all sorts of fun. :yess: I'm looking forward to getting introduced to some new people and places next season.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Someone make a screenshot of the the last shot in the episode. That scene was wallpaper worthy.

We got alot of awesome imagery.

:exactly: Some nicely composed shots/cinematography for sure...the silhouetted shot of Rick and Carl, and the moonlit stuff of Rick and Shane were gorgeous.

Spoiler Spoiler:

:goodpost: Agreed. Both scenes left me scrambling a bit trying to process what I just saw...great stuff!

I have to say that opening scene was awesome!:panic:

I love the opening too - the juxtaposition of the funeral and the 4 of them hunting down those walkers was really well done...when they were all pounding the s___ out of them I had a brief Office Space moment :lol

Something I found interesting was Carl drew the gun on Rick before Shane was even up. So did he think Rick was a zombie or something?

My immediate thought there was that Carl has a lot of mixed up thoughts and emotions between his two father figures and he was confused about what he thought he was seeing...but as someone else posted, I can buy that he thought Rick was a threat based off his condition and posture.

MAN I hate Carl...:slap He just keeps poping up every where..:gah:
His mother needs a swift kick in the ASS!!!!

I really enjoyed last night's episode, and next week's looks like all sorts of fun. :yess: I'm looking forward to getting introduced to some new people and places next season.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought about that for awhile. I think it was Rick thinking about other zombies and how they all need destroyed. Once the scene went back to Rick he started nodding his head. Coming to terms with the fact that Shane was going to change and he had to destroy the brain before he turned. Carl interrupted before he had a chance to follow through.

I still think with Shane it was either sacrificing himself to teach Rick one final lesson or suicide by friend. Rewatching that last 10 minutes confirmed it for me. Shane wasn't jerkily or violently moving, his movements were more "soft" than that. Touching the chest looked more like a, "goddam this hurts more than I thought it would" moment, vs. anything else.

I can't fathom how Lori wants to bring another child into the world when she clearly is incapable of mothering the one she already has. How the ____ is Carl walking up to Rick and Shane in zombie infested woods, without even the least bit of peep from Lori?! Damn that _____ gotta go. :lol

I still think with Shane it was either sacrificing himself to teach Rick one final lesson or suicide by friend. Rewatching that last 10 minutes confirmed it for me. Shane wasn't jerkily or violently moving, his movements were more "soft" than that. Touching the chest looked more like a, "goddam this hurts more than I thought it would" moment, vs. anything else.

I can't fathom how Lori wants to bring another child into the world when she clearly is incapable of mothering the one she already has. How the ____ is Carl walking up to Rick and Shane in zombie infested woods, without even the least bit of peep from Lori?! Damn that _____ gotta go. :lol
Which is somewhat confirmed in the link I posted above. Seems like both ideas that were discussed were on target.

Shane wanted Rick to kill him? Yea, Shane's not that deep to begin with, he had every intention of killing Rick.

The image of Shane and Rick in the field was very comic book panel - great stuff.

At first, I took the imagery of the zombie flashing while Shane was 'changing' to be somehow related...but later, I thought that perhaps it was also them showing us the coming horde. I was also wondering if they are trying to imply some sort of collective process to the virus - that the virus, once active, is drawn to itself in other organisms, and that it's not just the gunshot that was pulling them, but Shane's changing that registered with them at some very low level.

Nam just wants to turn Shane into something he wasn't, and is grasping at straws to do so. :D

Nothing in the interview says Shane didn't plan on killing Rick. Your grasping at straws, dude.

Yes, the actor was trying to impart the screwed up mental state of the character, but I don't think there was any intention of making it a suicide mission by anyone else on the show. But if it makes you happier thinking Shane was trying to be the good guy at the end, go for it.

The flashes after Shane died or was dying...hmmm... could they be showing us what happens after death. Was this the virus taking hold of dead/dying Shane? Was he tapping into their collected horde conscience? Are the walker all connected somehow like the Borg? Is that why there was so many walkers? Did they know Shane, and Randall had turned, and could sense them somehow?

Read the interview Mike. :wave :lol
Some of what you said was confirmed but he also said that when they set out he was going to kill Rick. Even up to the end he said One of them was going to die that night. I think both sides here could have been Right and I don't think what he says leans One way or the other.

Back