The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Frank Darabont to Adapt The Walking Dead for AMC

I think AMC is in HD on FiOS TV, but that's probably it.

I'll watch the show when it airs and get the Blu-rays if the show is good.

AMC is not in HD as far as I know. I watch Breaking Bad every Sunday night at my buddies house and he gets all of the HD channels. Sadly, AMC is not one of those :(

AMC must broadcast in HD somewhere because there are HD versions of Breaking Bad and Mad Men available for download.

AMC must broadcast in HD somewhere because there are HD versions of Breaking Bad and Mad Men available for download.

I'm in California and Comcast broadcasts AMC in HD here, though it's on Eastern Time for some reason. Mad Men and Breaking Bad air at 7 instead of 10, which works out nicely.

This is going to be awesome! :rock

WalkingDeadZombieGal_1276196189.jpg

ZombieWoman_1275497077.jpg

that skeletal zombie is kick-ass. reminds me of the ones from "return of the living dead", still my all-time favourite zombie movie...

This is shooting literally down the street from my office today. I know what I'm doing around lunch time.

I get Breaking Bad in HD on Time Warner in LA.

I like the fact that the extras/zombies have to go to zombie school. It even has a obstacle course as part of the training. This is going to be awesome.

Frank Darabont to Adapt The Walking Dead for AMC

I spent 7 hours on the set today. This is going to be amazing. Much better than even the comic itself. In fact, I'll be shocked of this isn't the best zombie anything in years (at least since SHAUN). Darabont & Nicotero are killing it.

And... no fast zombies!

I spent 7 hours on the set today. This is going to be amazing. Much better than even the comic itself. In fact, I'll be shocked of this isn't the best zombie anything in years (at least since SHAUN). Darabont & Nicotero are killing it.

And... no fast zombies!

:rock :rock :rock

Wonder if I will be able to find this online legally?

(Don't have cable.)

AMC edits their R rated films, correct? I'm expecting major disappointment.

The voilence in breaking bad is pretty graphic. Obviously not as gory as the comic but I have no doubt they will pull it off. But if you are reading the walking dead for teh graphicness you are reading it for the wrong reasons.

Not reading it for the graphic content. Just want it to be as true to the comics as can be.

I agree but seeing this is going to as close as we can get to a
zombie tv show you have to take it for what it is worth.

There will be LOTS of gore in this show. As much as some of the R Rated zombie movies. There is a Standards & Practices guy on the set at all times, and he's approved things such as a close-up shot of a zombie getting blasted in the face and matter splatting everywhere. Lots and lots of blood in this.

And the crawling zombie, shown above? What you don't see in that pic is the bottom half, and believe me its as grisly and you can imagine.

AMC is apparently not at all concerned about the gore in the show. Trust me, a "tame" zombie show is the least of your worries. That's one of the main reasons why Darabont didn't move forward with NBC (who originally had the show)... they would have watered in down. AMC won't.

Back